Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,250 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. (1202 Views)

Bayelsa Fisherman Using A Dolphin As Bait, Caught 10 Sharks In A Day (Photos) / Produce Your PCB (printed Circuit Board) Locally With SAMTECH ELECTRONICS / Book For Schematics And Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:06pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hi, in this thread, I will be showing pictorially the steps involved in the making of an oven control circuit board using a dot veroboard.
I am aware the modern trend in circuit board making is the use of Printed Circuit Board (PCB). However, this project was done for fun to demonstrate that a good and presentable circuit board can be created using rudimentary, affordable and readily accessible tools.

Picture 1: The beginning: ‘Virgin’ board with only connectors mounted.

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2018
Picture 2: The beginning: ‘Virgin’ board with only connectors mounted (solder side).

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by chuks34(m): 3:09pm On Feb 23, 2018
Make I grab seat here
Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:09pm On Feb 23, 2018
Picture 3: Creation of the power section.

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:26pm On Feb 23, 2018
Picture 4: Creation of the power section (solder side).

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2018
Picture 5: Addition of voltage regulators and heatsink.

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
Picture 6: Addition of voltage regulators and heatsink (solder side).

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:29pm On Feb 23, 2018
Picture 7: Addition of calibration potentiometers.

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
Picture 8: Mounting of IC sockets for microcontroller, ADCs and optocoupler.

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2018
Picture 9: Soldering of microcontroller IC socket to connector.

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2018
Picture 10: Soldering of ADCs and optocoupler.

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
Picture 11: Addition of pull-up resistors and switching transistors.

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2018
Picture 12: Addition of pull-up resistors and switching transistors (solder side).

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:35pm On Feb 23, 2018
Picture 13: The circuit board attached to other supporting boards, DB-9 programming port and fan.

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
Picture 14: The circuit board with ICs mounted attached to other supporting boards, DB-9 programming port and fan.

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:38pm On Feb 23, 2018
Picture 15 & 16: The final result.

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:45pm On Feb 23, 2018
Picture 17: The final result (solder side).

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2018
Picture 18: My workbench.

To follow: A new thread on the mounting of this circuit board in a locally made oven.

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by paulstrings(m): 4:15pm On Feb 23, 2018
Wow.. This is wonderful.

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
paulstrings:
Wow.. This is wonderful.

cc: lalasticlala
Thanks.
Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 7:58pm On Feb 23, 2018
awesome.
but this must be very tasking.
very neat.

what do you use to clean the copper dots so as to hold the solder lead
Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 8:15pm On Feb 23, 2018
Yemmyteespeed007:
awesome.
but this must be very tasking.
very neat.

what do you use to clean the copper dots so as to hold the solder lead
Thanks.

I use fine sandpaper to clean boards before starting to solder.
Also, I turn off my soldering iron periodically while working to prevent its temperature from getting too high.

1 Like

Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by Brendaniel: 11:29pm On Feb 23, 2018
You really tried, the patience, the neatness and so on, thumbs up.
Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 7:22am On Feb 24, 2018
Brendaniel:
You really tried, the patience, the neatness and so on, thumbs up.
Thanks.
Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by Okaakoko(m): 11:18am On Feb 26, 2018
I love your work. Very neat
Re: Pictorials Of The Making Of A ‘sexy’ Circuit Board Using A Dot Veroboard. by cyborg123(m): 11:29am On Feb 26, 2018
Okaakoko:
I love your work. Very neat
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Used Acer 4220 For Sale In Abuja For N50k Pictures Included! / Sine Wave Inverter Technology For Sale? / Voyager 1 Leaves The Solar System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.