Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Pan Cake - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pan Cake (1202 Views)

How To Make Popcorn In A Pan At Home / Pan Cake / The Best Frying Pan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pan Cake by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 25, 2010
Pls i need somebody to put mr through on how to prepare pan cake?
Re: Pan Cake by Spanishfly(f): 6:06pm On Apr 25, 2010
It depends on how you like it and where your location is. I know in the US, there's ready made pancake that all you need to do is add water and then fry it with small water but if you want to start from scratch, here's how I do mine

Get ordinary Flour (all purpose), mix it with eggs, milk sometimes nutmeg for taste but not necessary, sugar, all depends on your taste and water, if you like it thick or thin, you determine the quantity. Get my frying pan, put very small oil and spread round the frying pan, and then take a spoon and pour some of my mix in the pan. If i like it thick or thin, or very crusty at the edge or a little burnt, then I leave it to fry for a long time. Kapeeesh!
Re: Pan Cake by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 25, 2010
Am in Nigeria. Thanks for your assistance. i will try it soon. i love it spice with pepper
Re: Pan Cake by dominique(f): 12:22am On Apr 26, 2010
i like the fluffy slightly burned one but i never seem to get it right embarassed.

@Spanishfly
if i try your method, will it get to look like this?

[img]http://mcaaron.files./2009/09/pancakes.jpg[/img]
Re: Pan Cake by marami: 2:39pm On Apr 27, 2010
Spanishfly:

It depends on how you like it and where your location is. I know in the US, there's ready made pancake that all you need to do is add water and then fry it with small water but if you want to start from scratch, here's how I do mine

Get ordinary Flour (all purpose), mix it with eggs, milk sometimes nutmeg for taste but not necessary, sugar, all depends on your taste and water, if you like it thick or thin, you determine the quantity. Get my frying pan, put very small oil and spread round the frying pan, and then take a spoon and pour some of my mix in the pan. If i like it thick or thin, or very crusty at the edge or a little burnt, then I leave it to fry for a long time. Kapeeesh!

I was told you use plenty of oil to fry. is that ok?
Re: Pan Cake by dominique(f): 9:15pm On Apr 27, 2010
marami:

I was told you use plenty of oil to fry. is that ok?

don't try it o! i've made that mistake before. the pancake will be soaked with oil and believe me you won't enjoy it. at best, the oil should be so little that it only covers the surface of the frying pan. tho' i've not yet gotten the results i want, i know better than to use planty oil.
Re: Pan Cake by marami: 12:25pm On Apr 30, 2010
dominique:

don't try it o! i've made that mistake before. the pancake will be soaked with oil and believe me you won't enjoy it. at best, the oil should be so little that it only covers the surface of the frying pan. tho' i've not yet gotten the results i want, i know better than to use planty oil.

Thanks so much dominique. I will give a try.
Re: Pan Cake by agathamari(f): 8:52pm On May 02, 2010
use butter or margarine intead of oil!

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
Re: Pan Cake by dominique(f): 11:21pm On May 02, 2010
@agathamari
i beg ti differ. you can use cooking oil and still get your results. i used to use margarine myself but i felt it's just too unhealthy for me.
made pancakes recently and it came out great cheesy cool
didn't exactly get the results i want but it was close enough. . .i'll upolad them pix when i get time.
Re: Pan Cake by agathamari(f): 1:18pm On May 03, 2010
dominique:

@agathamari
i beg ti differ. you can use cooking oil and still get your results. i used to use margarine myself but i felt it's just too unhealthy for me.
made pancakes recently and it came out great cheesy cool
didn't exactly get the results i want but it was close enough. . .i'll upolad them pix when i get time.
true margarine (rather hard to find in nigeria) is far healthier then most cooking oils. if you must use a cooking oil use olive or sunflour oil, vegtable oil is the worst oil you can cook with health wise
Re: Pan Cake by Hauwa1: 5:08pm On May 03, 2010
one food i hate the most is pancake. whoever invented that food shocked must have been very hungry. . . and broke grin
hate pancake ewww. that thing smells of raw egg.
heard IHOP pancake is good.
Re: Pan Cake by wizb: 5:30pm On May 19, 2010
*Hauwa*:

one food i hate the most is pancake. whoever invented that food  shocked must have been very hungry. . . and broke grin
hate pancake ewww. that thing smells of raw egg.
heard IHOP pancake is good.

lol!

As for me I just dont add eggs to my pancakes. i just add milk or sometimes I use only egg white. Cant stand the smell of egg yolk.
I think its also good to use non-stick frying pan for pancakes.

(1) (Reply)

Pumpkin Recipes? / Come lets eat cake. (picture) / Fresh And Ready Made Has You Have Always Wanted It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.