Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Unaddressed Issues From Radio Link Saturday Discussion With Jamb - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unaddressed Issues From Radio Link Saturday Discussion With Jamb (431 Views)

Which University Can I Study Medicine With Jamb Score Of 230? / 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread / How To Check Your 2017 Admission Status With Jamb Cap - Complete Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unaddressed Issues From Radio Link Saturday Discussion With Jamb by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 24, 2018
I followed the very important morning discussion with the JAMB registrar (Prof. Ishaq Oloyede), Mr. Fabian Benjamin and the Coordinator in Oyo state. In all honesty, i really appreciate the discussion for clarification purposes on the modalities of JAMB. However, a very pertinent issue was raised which they all failed to address.
The anchor of the program played a recorded submission of various Nigerians where a lady talked about the deliberate action of JAMB CBT centres in refusing to upload the OL result of candidates only to send them bulk sms to come upload later at an illegal fee.
The problem is not even the money sef. The issues are:

1. How many candidates know that, failure to upload OL result leads to automatic disqualification in admission process?.

2. What happens to those who traveled far away from the period they did their registration and the time they are requested to come and upload their OL result.

3. Who assigned these fees to the CBT centres?

4. In the radio discussion, the JAMB officials claimed JAMB is not a revenue generating agency. But why does the candidate have to pay for everything on the JAMB portal?.

5. Some CBT centres are employing secondary school graduates to register candidates. All in a bid to pay less to staffs. These amounts to the so many errors in the candidate's registration details particularly wrong subject combination input. How is JAMB addressing this issue?.

6. JAMB has it's server and monitors it effectively. How is it possible to have a CBT centre register more than 90% candidates without OL result upload?.

7. Please address these issues as i could not get a chance to call on the radio this morning. Thanks.

cc: lalasticlacla
cc: mynd44

(1) (Reply)

2018 JAMB Mock Examination (UTME) Result Is Out / There Will Be NO Exam For Candidate Who Miss JAMB – Registrar / Abu Zaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.