Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death (17454 Views)

10 Unfairly Tough Video Game Bosses That Are Literally Impossible To Defeat / 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time / Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 24, 2018
For decades, video game developers have tried to make games that would touch gamers on an emotional level. Emotions like joy, fear, anger etc.

Video games aren’t really shy when it comes to dishing out death and destruction.

Come to think of it: you dump a tremendous amount of time into these video games, dedicating your whole attention and energy to a specific cause in a Video game world. Relationships, jobs, sustenance: these things become secondary when you’re knee-deep in a great game. Whether you’re given an enormous task like trying to save the entire universe or simply survive for one more day, when a particularly-beloved character gets put six eet under, a part of you dies with them. embarassed

NOTE: This article obviously contains spoilers. Tread carefully and don’t shoot me if you come across a spoiler - because I warned you grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 24, 2018
The Boss: Metal Gear Solid

This is no doubt the saddest for all fans in the Metal Gear Series.Have never felt worse about killing a character in a video game. sad

The strength of the relationship between Snake and The Boss is discussed constantly throughout the game, a combination of a relationship between two comrades, and a (figurative) mother and a son.

The fact that the game forces you to pull the trigger yourself when she's lying on the ground, almost comforting Snake makes it worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CFFkV7Zlds&hl=en-GB&gl=NG

3 Likes

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 24, 2018
Chrono Trigger

Squareenix Squaresoft as they were called then was giving franchise characters and fans the old Game of Thrones treatment before Game of Thrones was even a thing grin. The 1995’s Chrono Trigger is no exception, and Crono’s death in the game is one of the most groundbreaking moments in the history of gaming.

The very idea of killing off such a beloved character was unheard of back in the Naughty Nineties , but that didn’t stop the heartless jerks over at Square from doing it anyways.Crono is unexpectedly (and surprisingly easily) killed during a showdown with the game’s Big Bad Boss, Lavos, who actually looks like a giant sea anemone. An-en-oh-me? Uh-nem-oh-knee? A-mem-oh-ny? (did you get that) Whatever grin .

While it is actually possible to bring Crono back from the dead, gamers dont need to; Chrono Trigger can be continued and beaten without the spikey-headed hero. That type of power makes this already-unforgettable death even more unforgettable-ier, and anyone who was ever unlucky enough to experience it still feels the burn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpkjM5nYtZs

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 24, 2018
Sarah - The Last Of Us
The moment you started playing The Last of Us, you knew this inevitable. Why else would Naughty Dog dump gamers into her shoes to start the game? You knew it was coming, and it still hit you right in the heart. Scenes as emotional as this one are the reason that Videeo game consoles shouldn’t be allowed ;( Can you imagine? having to endure this in a fully immersive headset?

Nope, no thanks. grin

Sarah’s death isn’t the most action packed in gaming history. It isn’t the landmark death of a franchise character. You barely even get to know Sarah before it all goes down. But maybe that’s why it’s so effective; by playing as Joel’s daughter, for even just a moment, gamers share Sarah’s utter disbelief and fear while society starts to collapse around her.It’s raw, unbridled human emotion that drives this scene, so realistic it makes you forget that it’s just a game;it turns into something else.

As Joel cradles Sarah’s lifeless body, you can’t help but feel any remaining hope slip away in a world that’s slowly sinking into madness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn8qr_sNI5Y

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 24, 2018
Commander Shepard - Mass Effect 3

It’s difficult to decide which is more difficult to swallow – delivering the death blow to Mordin Solus, one of gaming’s most lovable aliens, or being unable to stop it. Regardless, that moment pales in comparison to the epic and inevitable passing of Commander Shepard, the Saving Grace of Mankind (and a whole bunch of other Kinds, too).

Mass Effect 3‘s controversial ending pissed a lot of people off. When a fan-favorite franchise with thousands of unique story-lines branching across multiple installments ends in one of three ways, it can seem like a bit of a letdown. Or maybe it’s just poetic? Few studios take the time to create deaths as poignant or as powerful as this one, and for good reason – not many virtual characters were capable of capturing hearts like the hard-nosed Commander of the S.S.V. Normandy.

Boy, girl, Krogan, Geth — it didn’t matter. When Shep sacrificed his life for the greater good, that ice-box-where-your-heart-used-to-be melted just a teensy bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Wi1ecLVnE

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 24, 2018
Joker - Batman Arkham Night

The Death of JOker at the end of Arkham City isn’t sad. No, sad isn’t the right word for it. Using Sad is an underestimation. Sad doesn’t even begin to capture the full range of conflicting emotions that accompanied Joker’s last breath. Fans of the Batman franchise — whether they are comic readers, movie watchers, video game players, or all of the above knows that while the Crown Prince of Crime was pegged as a villain, he was always so much more than that.

The deeply troubled Joker may have been the physical embodiment of chaos, but he was also the only person who really knew the Batman; they were the greatest of enemies, but in some ways they were also the closest of friends.

Rest in Peace, Joker. sad embarassed lipsrsealed cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLDDJunvJ7Y

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 24, 2018
Zack Fair - Final Fantasy: Crisis Core

The world of Final Fantasy is filled with unique characters and rich storylines. In Final Fantasy VII, gamers were introduced to the infamous Cloud Strife.This skilled soldier would become one of the most poignant characters in all of Final Fantasy series, with many players remarking on his seemingly cold and uncaring attitude.

Throughout FF VII, we hear stories about Zack Fair, a close and personal friend of Cloud, who passed on. It wasn't until Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, that we finally got to meet Zack Fair "in person." His cheerful and caring attitude quickly captured the hearts of many players.

But unfortunately The end of the release sees both characters share an agonizingly sad moment, in which Zack bestowed his trusty buster sword to Cloud. He speaks softly to his friend, asking him to become his legacy and to live his dreams as if he were still alive. Since Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII is a prequel to the original release, every diehard fan knew that Zack's death was inevitable. That didn't make it any easier to accept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OG0GgAuh9g

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 24, 2018
Aerith Gainsborough- Final Fantasy VII

When anyone talks about sad moments in gaming, this name must come up. The tragedy of Aerith's death is unarguably the saddest momen in Final Fantasy history and is enough to make even the most heartless of gamers weep.

This simple flower saleswoman had a relationship with Zack from Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII and later met Cloud through some very curious circumstances.

For many a nineties kid, it was the moment that video games made the transition from light-hearted hobby to a full-time emotional investment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qnyxd7Vq0Q

3 Likes

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 24, 2018
Lee Everett - The Walking Dead

In Telltale’s The Walking Dead, there are countless ways for Lee (and his companions) to go. Surviving the entire ordeal isn’t as much of an accomplishment as you’d think; regardless of how many people you rescue or how carefully you navigate the zombie-infested missions, you still end up super-duper dead.

So do your choices really matter if the outcome is always the same? That question is still a topic for debate among both fans and critics of Telltale’s TWD adaptation, but one thing is certain: Lee’s final death is one of the most intense in recent gaming memory. Trying to explain to a very small child why she must A) shoot her recently-bitten father figure or B) run away and leave said father figure to die a lonely, painful death…is not a pleasant experience.

The creative minds over at Telltale have done an excellent job at infusing their games with a wide range of real human emotion. Where Tales of the Borderlands is remarkably clever and witty, The Walking Dead is overwhelmingly oppressive and bleak.

Watching the final exchange between our beloved Lee and Clem, his almost-daughter, was just way too real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RErCBHNj_bQ

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2018
Did i forget to mention a particular Character you have in mind? Feel free to comment below

cc: Lalasticlala Cao Seun Mynd44

1 Like

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by georgeben205(m): 12:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
Vasaratti16:
Did i forget to mention a particular Character you have in mind? Feel free to comment below

cc: Lalasticlala Cao Seun Mynd44
you forgot ghost from COD ghost �

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by LuxChris: 1:06pm On Feb 24, 2018
i love gow
Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2018
Kratos killing Zeus... That game hard though

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
Vasaratti16:
The Boss: Metal Gear Solid

This is no doubt the saddest for all fans in the Metal Gear Series.Have never felt worse about killing a character in a video game. sad

The strength of the relationship between Snake and The Boss is discussed constantly throughout the game, a combination of a relationship between two comrades, and a (figurative) mother and a son.

The fact that the game forces you to pull the trigger yourself when she's lying on the ground, almost comforting Snake makes it worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CFFkV7Zlds&hl=en-GB&gl=NG

The sad thing about Boss's death was even though she was labeled a defector, she was actually ordered by the American government to "defect" in order to infiltrate the Russians to recover the Philosopher's Legacy. Knowing she had to give her life and even eternally sacrifice her reputation for her country, in order to save the world from nuclear war, She mamede sure Naked Snake killed her in that battle.

Only She, EVA, and Snake knew the real truth of her mission as she was later labeled a traitor, but in actual sense, she was a true hero.

Still my best MGS game, followed by mgs4.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Jh0wsef(m): 1:24pm On Feb 24, 2018
GTA vice city. Killing lance Vance dance, his bestie

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:25pm On Feb 24, 2018
grin cheesy
Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by bigt2(m): 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2018
You must add call of duty modern warfare also. I hate how captain price died embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by LZAA: 1:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Kratos killing Zeus... That game hard though
GOW 3 hard?
its no different from others before it
and killing zeuz was satisfying
Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by LZAA: 1:29pm On Feb 24, 2018
bigt2:
You must add call of duty modern warfare also. I hate how captain price died embarassed
mw3
price killed makarov
think u mean soap
yuri also died as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
Don't forget the option of Michael De Santa's deth in GTA5. The day I decided to play that option for the game was the last time I chose the option.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by LZAA: 1:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
Jh0wsef:
GTA vice city. Killing lance Vance dance, his bestie
lance was tommy's biz partner not his bestie
besides he switched on tommy
had it coming to him
Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2018
Emma Emmerich's death in MGS2 was another death that moved me to tears.

1 Like

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
Assasin creed 3 death of charles lee
Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by sherlock229(m): 1:38pm On Feb 24, 2018
I know Lee must be NO:1.his death had me crying .lol
Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Jayson504(m): 1:42pm On Feb 24, 2018
The walking dead, the death of Lee was sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by ShadowFighter: 1:43pm On Feb 24, 2018
The death of bounce, in Bounce tales for nokia fone.
It was so emotional.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2018
metalgear:

The sad thing about Boss's death was even though she was labeled a defector, she was actually ordered by the American government to "defect" in order to infiltrate the Russians to recover the Philosopher's Legacy. Knowing she had to give her life and even eternally sacrifice her reputation for her country, in order to save the world from nuclear war, She mamede sure Naked Snake killed her in that battle.

Only She, EVA, and Snake knew the real truth of her mission as she was later labeled a traitor, but in actual sense, she was a true hero.

Still my best MGS game, followed by mgs4.
True.....The most difficult trigger pull in gaming, The fact that YOU have to pull the trigger makes it 100% more emotional.

The boss gave up everything for her country only to go down as a traitor and nobody was to know what she actually did for her country not to mention that big boss her own pupil had to be the one to kill her.
Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2018
LuxChris:
i love gow
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2018
ShadowFighter:
The death of bounce, in Bounce tales for nokia fone.

It was so emotional.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by AnodaIT(m): 2:05pm On Feb 24, 2018
I play only max Payne
Re: 10 Tragic/saddest Video Game Death by rezy15(m): 2:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
Lee Everett and commander Shepard did it for me. Lee made me shed a tear though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Being A Dik Mod Apk ( All Seasons Unlocked) / Help!!! PES 2017 Wouldn't Play On My PC / Brand New Ps4 Slim For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.