Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,696 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! (34841 Views)

Bride Intercepted On Her Wedding Day By Another Man She Promised Marriage In Oyo / Bride's Boobs Pop Out On Her Wedding Day (Photo) / Bride Stuns In Massive Cleveage-Baring Dress On Her Wedding Day (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by magiki(m): 11:34pm On Feb 25, 2018
Are you sure that number 2 is not a lie?
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Chuknovski(m): 11:34pm On Feb 25, 2018
just kuku do low key marriage and you are assured of escaping all this fiascos

2 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by NothingDoMe: 11:35pm On Feb 25, 2018
Bride price haggling until everyone went home.

1 Like

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by LyfeJennings(m): 11:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
Luckyroro:
As funny as these stories sound, some are real and I can imagine the pains the victims felt whilst encountering such moments. Sha... I've not experienced any of these so I won't add to the barage of lies as some people already did.
grin
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by akeentech(m): 11:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
dammy222:
My own experience : I knew the bride . We got to the reception, they didn't serve us rice, they kept passing with food but they didn't come to our table. When we tried talking to the bride's brother, he was doing one kind . We really wanted to just drop the gift off and leave but someone told us it isn't good to leave like that. We eventually managed to get rice ,the meat sef get big bone ,no water.. We had to buy pure water for 20# at the venue. No drink as well. A lot of people didn't get food to eat yet they kept taking food and drinks to a particular table. We dropped the gift for the bride even though we honestly didn't feel like it. The whole experience was somehow. And they claimed they killed two cows o
u come for food
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by dammy222(f): 11:53pm On Feb 25, 2018
akeentech:

u come for food
No.. But you at least expect to eat something naw. After going to Church, then reception

19 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by MrRhymes101(m): 11:54pm On Feb 25, 2018
lol funny and sad stories... Wedding MC

1 Like

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by akeentech(m): 11:59pm On Feb 25, 2018
dammy222:

No.. But you at least expect to eat something naw. After going to Church, then reception
I HOPE U AR NOW GAINFULLY EMPLOYED

4 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by MsFaith: 12:10am On Feb 26, 2018
Low key marriage is the way forward. I no want drama

5 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by courna(m): 12:18am On Feb 26, 2018
crazy people,animals and things everywhere grin

1 Like

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 26, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Bride price haggling until everyone went home.
Shey na Eke market day? Abi na goods dem wan buy? grin

1 Like

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Ginaz(f): 12:34am On Feb 26, 2018
I don't go to parties much but there is a story my mom told me it was so funny.

She said she and our neighbor went to a party and they sprayed money. Some money fell close to them and our neighbor quickly grabbed a note (I've forgotten how much)... Unfortunately she was caught and people around the table shouted "aunty drop the money "

My mom said she felt so ashamed, she dropped it and couldn't look at anybody. grin grin

She is married with kids, I wondered what she was thinking. Big disgrace if I should say.

13 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by correctguy101(m): 12:35am On Feb 26, 2018
I wear fine cloth come your marriage you come say I no go eat jolof rice, fried rice and chicken, with better drink or bottle water to wash am down?

That marriage go scatter o angry

Never experienced anything funny like all these. Maybe I know only sane people and all these people with funny stories here knows people with special cases of madness and brain axhifigarity ( if u like go and check dictionary, e no dey grincheesy )

13 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by sonofoluku: 12:53am On Feb 26, 2018
AntiBrutus:
I experienced one. The groom was involved in a fraud case at work and was detained. Sadly, the wedding day was fixed before he was busted.

They granted him bail just before the wedding, but some security operatives showed up at the wedding and whisked him off after the reception. I heard they planned relocating from the wedding venue. Maybe his boss got the info, or just had that suspicion.

It was an awkward sight watching them bundle the guy into one Peugeot, while the bride and guests pleaded with them to come for his after thanksgiving on Sunday.

Some people still chop rice sha...LOL

Superstory!!!.....

1 Like

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by ohem007(m): 1:08am On Feb 26, 2018
This...

I must follow
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by uckennety(m): 1:31am On Feb 26, 2018
Wooooooow op you made my day
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Nobody: 1:37am On Feb 26, 2018
A highlight of many weddings I have attended is not being served food at all.

In one, I was served rice without meat.
In another, I got only a bottle of coke.
In yet another, I got only a bottle of water.

The worst was in my uncle's wedding! I didn't get ANYTHING!

On the bright side though, I have attended many joyful weddings. Some were very simple yet everybody left happy smiley especially the bride and groom.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Nobody: 1:46am On Feb 26, 2018
magiki:
Are you sure that number 2 is not a lie?
No!
similar story was shared on the pulpit by MFM GO, pastor D.K Olukoya.
A nasty story from a Lekki family.
The groom mum followed the new couple in their matrimonial home the same night and requested by force to sleep there.
The marriage ended few weeks later.

1 Like

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by dammy222(f): 3:23am On Feb 26, 2018
akeentech:

I HOPE U AR NOW GAINFULLY EMPLOYED
Na wah for you o
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by driveiwe(m): 3:34am On Feb 26, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Number 2 is simply annoying. I fling the ring at his face and walk out.
You got quite a temper shaaa o
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Nobody: 3:53am On Feb 26, 2018
A friend of mine was attacked ( physical fight) by her husband's younger sisters (2 of them) just a day after her wedding. The thanksgiving day.

The funny part - one of the sisters (married) was close to my friend b4 her brother picked interest in my friend.

The guy visited home (village) from Switzerland and met my friend. She was also in the village at that time.
They had known themselves as children - growing up in the village.

Once his sister found out her brother had picked interest in my friend; their friendship scattered for no apparent reason!

They attacked her cos they didn't like the response she gave when they asked her questions about keys to the room where they kept drinks! Just some stupid, flimsy reasons like that and honestly, she knew nothing about the whereabouts of the keys in question... They punched her nose, almost ripped off all her sewn weavon from her head. She bleed.

See pandemonium between her family and his that day.

Her husband was soooooooooooooooo embarrassed and pissed with his mother & sisters that he cut them off COMPLETELY. Asked them to leave his house in the village and never ever step foot in it again.

For his mom who was the mastermind, he told her to never visit his own personal house but he would visit her, provide her with her needs in her house- the one he built for her and his siblings.

I visited my friend almost 2 years after the incident and she said her husband kept to his words.

The husband's mother and stupid sisters after the incident, started calling my friend to apologize nd asked her to plead with her husband on their behalf. She did but the husband paid no mind.

He told my friend (his wife) that prior to the wedding, he had done virtually everything for his mother and siblings but the minute they heard he picked interest in a girl, no one was excited for him.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by damola1: 3:58am On Feb 26, 2018
Magnifik18:
A friend of mine was attacked ( physical fight) by her husband's younger sisters (2 of them) just a day after her wedding. The thanksgiving day.

The funny part - one of the sisters (married) was close to my friend b4 her brother picked interest in my friend.

The guy visited home (village) from Switzerland and met my friend. She was also in the village at that time.
They had known themselves as children - growing up in the village.

Once his sister found out her brother had picked interest in my friend; their friendship scattered for no apparent reason!

They attacked her cos they didn't like the response she gave when they asked her questions about keys to the room where they kept drinks! Just some stupid, flimsy reasons like that and honestly, she knew nothing about the whereabouts of the keys in question... They punched her nose, almost ripped off all her sewn weavon from her head. She bleed.

See pandemonium between her family and his that day.

Her husband was soooooooooooooooo embarrassed and pissed with his mother & sisters that he cut them off COMPLETELY. Asked them to leave his house in the village and never ever step foot in it again.

For his mom who was the mastermind, he told her to never visit his own personal house but he would visit her, provide her with her needs in her house- the one he built for her and his siblings.

I visited my friend almost 2 years after the incident and she said her husband kept to his words.

The husband's mother and stupid sisters after the incident, started calling my friend to apologize nd asked her to plead with her husband on their behalf. She did but the husband paid no mind.

He told my friend (his wife) that prior to the wedding, he had done virtually everything for his mother and siblings but the minute they heard he picked interest in a girl, no one was excited for him.

That’s a man that wants peace for himself.

Most men are puzzies.

Action that’s all usually from the man fixes

31 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Oluhills007: 3:58am On Feb 26, 2018
dammy222:
My own experience : I knew the bride . We got to the reception, they didn't serve us rice, they kept passing with food but they didn't come to our table. When we tried talking to the bride's brother, he was doing one kind . We really wanted to just drop the gift off and leave but someone told us it isn't good to leave like that. We eventually managed to get rice ,the meat sef get big bone ,no water.. We had to buy pure water for 20# at the venue. No drink as well. A lot of people didn't get food to eat yet they kept taking food and drinks to a particular table. We dropped the gift for the bride even though we honestly didn't feel like it. The whole experience was somehow. And they claimed they killed two cows o
most times its not the fault of the celebrants... It is those thief thief caterers that do not allow the food to go round

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Oluhills007: 4:06am On Feb 26, 2018
Well the one I heard is really funny...the husband came really late to the wedding service as he was held up in traffic although he didn't explain immediately ...and the bride's brother slapped him...Omo see fight....naso they discover say groom wear dirty boxers and singlet

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Nobody: 4:43am On Feb 26, 2018
damola1:

That’s a man that wants peace for himself.

Most men are puzzies.

Action that’s all usually from the man fixes

The husband is so quiet, I bet his mom and sisters thought he was a Sisi.. but they got it all wrong.

I just hope it's a forgotten issue by now. Crazy things do happen within families.

6 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by fhorlar(f): 4:56am On Feb 26, 2018
TonyBankz:
No 2 tho,wat was d groom mother thinking..abii she wan sabi how d groom nd bride dy knack

Not the groom's mother, it is the cowardly groom that is to be blamed. Gosh...I have a distaste for mommy's boys.they are annoying.

7 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by somehow: 5:29am On Feb 26, 2018
Interesting
Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by Adeyinka123: 5:30am On Feb 26, 2018
Oroolorun:
The Alaga Iduro ask d husband to carry his plus size wife and he did so.
Ask him to walk majestically about with her in his arms and d next thing we hear is GBA!
Husband and wife fell on d floor and it took two buckets of water to revived d husband.
Alaga iduro turned Alaga isubu

2 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by nairalanduseles: 5:43am On Feb 26, 2018
dammy222:

hungry girl must u eat and drink in wedding.......awof kee u

2 Likes

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by IamFisherman(m): 5:46am On Feb 26, 2018
Mehn! Payback is a bitch, because she no give you ride am really stunned cry cry fisher

1 Like

Re: Weird Wedding Day Stories In Nigeria!! by IamFisherman(m): 5:47am On Feb 26, 2018
Contact me for your stock fish anywhere within Nigeria @iamfisherman00@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Colourful World Of More Concert On November 3, 2013 / Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused / Groom Carries His Bride On Okada Into The Church In Makurdi(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.