Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,593 members, 7,861,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:37 PM

Bus Transportation In Lagos Is Now A Luxury!! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Bus Transportation In Lagos Is Now A Luxury!! (598 Views)

Transportation In Yoruba Land (àwọn Ọ̀nà Tí À Ń Gbà Rin Ìrìn Àjò) / "Lagos Is Not Yorubaland"- King Of Lagos: Yorubas Should Explain This / Anybody Who Says Lagos Is Not Yoruba Land Is An Idiot. Says Oba Of Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bus Transportation In Lagos Is Now A Luxury!! by Hankonyibu(m): 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
Can Lagos get any harder for the common man?

To think a while ago that danfo was the cheapest means of transport in Lagos would be disappointed presently.

To shuttle from Mainland to the island to and fro one would spend a minimum of 700 naira for the whole day. And that's if you don't stay far away, I had a friend who stayed at oyingbo and she comes to lekki for work on the average she was spending 1500 naira on a daily basis. Its quite traumatic the challenges job seekers go through especially concerning transport is ridiculous. You get paid a meagre sum of 50000 naira and almost half of it is gone on transport alone.

One would think and ask where is this nation heading? The poor man gets poorer and more frustrated and the rich man gets richer. Its really a pity and transport prices would only get higher in Lagos because I guess the underlying motto is only the strong survives.

I hope the situation gets better and transport prices in Lagos is regulated and subsidized.

Michael.
Re: Bus Transportation In Lagos Is Now A Luxury!! by hisgrace090: 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2018
Nigeria comes first in crazy price hike.

We use every opportunity to hike price of goods and services.
Re: Bus Transportation In Lagos Is Now A Luxury!! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 26, 2018
Like seriously, transportation in this country needs strong scrutiny and firm regulation to enable easy, accesible, fast and reliable movement of persons and properties. More esp. in big cities.

(1) (Reply)

Is Igbo Language Gradually Going Into Extinction / Oba Of Benin To Performs Sacred Traditional Rite Today / My Regrets As An Mbaise Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.