Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,715 members, 7,809,706 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

How Will Chrome’s New Ad Blocker Impact Ads And Affect Bloggers? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Will Chrome’s New Ad Blocker Impact Ads And Affect Bloggers? (3139 Views)

Google Chrome Browser To Implements Ads Blocker Comes 9th July 2019 / Google Chrome Now Has An Ad Blocker / New Ad Network That Pays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will Chrome’s New Ad Blocker Impact Ads And Affect Bloggers? by akinjuly77(m): 6:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
How Will Chrome’s New Ad Blocker Impact Ads and Affect Bloggers?

Am very much aware that some bloggers who use Adsense have a lot of Ads scattered all over there Pages making it unbearable for people to read their contents.

On February 15th, Google is set to launch a more robust ad filter for Chrome. Its goal is simple: to scrub the web of interstitial riff . This is the first ad blocker baked directly into the most popular browser on the planet.

The primary purpose of this fright-inducing new feature is to combat and eradicate poor mobile browsing experiences. And for those who scatter Ads via Adsense on there Blogs or web pages, this might really affect your earnings or get you penalized.

Now, if you use AdSense to generate revenue on your site by hosting Display ads, you’re going to want to ensure that you don’t have banners all over the screen (particularly on mobile devices).

How Will Chrome’s Ad Blocker Work?

This is a bit over my head, but here’s my understanding of it...

Chrome’s ad blocker is all about pattern matching. There isn’t a little dude in a bunker checking out pages in search of awful browsing experiences. Instead, the filter cross-references websites against a list of sites known to fail the Better Ad Standards.

A site’s inclusion on the list is determined by an evaluation process. Sample pages are reviewed and, depending on the number of violations uncovered, the site is assigned a status: Pass, Warning, or Fail.

If a site’s on the list, the filter digs into images and JavaScript on the page a searcher has navigated to in an attempt to detect “ad-related URL patterns.” If there’s a match, Chrome hits the ads on said page with a big stiff arm to the chin and sends the searcher on her merry way, free to browse obstruction-free.

For those browsing on a desktop, ad block notifications will look as they currently do on Chrome; if you’re using an Android device, you’ll see a message bar at the bottom of your browser that looks something like the image attached to this post:

In terms of other ads you might be running on your website (those you sell privately or are affiliated with another programmatic network), you can use the new and improved Google Search Console to view your site’s Ad Experience Report. If you’ve got beef, you can hit Google with a request for a re-review. Provided you remedy what Chrome has deemed non-compliant, you should be fine to run ads moving forward.

What do you think? Anyway Thanks to Google

[url=climaxbox.com.ng]You can hire us to review Blog website here[/url]

Re: How Will Chrome’s New Ad Blocker Impact Ads And Affect Bloggers? by akinjuly77(m): 6:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
Ads blocker Experience

1 Share

Re: How Will Chrome’s New Ad Blocker Impact Ads And Affect Bloggers? by Jayclinics(m): 6:44am On Feb 26, 2018
Google will suffer it too. They own AdSense and when my blog traffic don't convert well on Google's AdSense because of their and blocker. I don't make money, and Google won't make money from me.

Meanwhile...

A must read:
This Woman’s story will give you the reason to dry your tears, pick up your life and move forward.

http://borednigerian.com/womans-story-will-give-reason-dry-tears-pick-life-move-forward/

Life's so unfair

2 Likes

Re: How Will Chrome’s New Ad Blocker Impact Ads And Affect Bloggers? by Nobody: 6:44am On Feb 26, 2018
Okay
Re: How Will Chrome’s New Ad Blocker Impact Ads And Affect Bloggers? by elipheleh(m): 6:47am On Feb 26, 2018
Now that I'm about to offer essential service for free on my site, if the visitors can't upgrade to premium they better disabled ads blocker or leave my site .thank you.

3 Likes

Re: How Will Chrome’s New Ad Blocker Impact Ads And Affect Bloggers? by Jorussia(m): 6:55am On Feb 26, 2018
This Ad blocking is long over due on chrome.I have stopped using chrome frequently for almost a year now because of unnecessary redirecting of pages when browsing.I used to love chrome because of its in but language translation, but Ads littering virtually every site u open made me dislike the browser.

1 Like

Re: How Will Chrome’s New Ad Blocker Impact Ads And Affect Bloggers? by akinjuly77(m): 7:04am On Feb 26, 2018
Jorussia:
This Ad blocking is long over due on chrome.I have stopped using chrome frequently for almost a year now because of unnecessary redirecting of pages when browsing.I used to love chrome because of its in but language translation, but Ads littering virtually every site u open made me dislike the browser.

But that is the Most used browser for users all over the World.

1 Like

Re: How Will Chrome’s New Ad Blocker Impact Ads And Affect Bloggers? by zinosleek(m): 7:10am On Feb 26, 2018
You dont have to depend on Google ad alone if you want to make money blogging http://www.wikizino.com.ng/2018/01/ways-of-making-money-online-from.html

1 Like

Re: How Will Chrome’s New Ad Blocker Impact Ads And Affect Bloggers? by thedondada(m): 7:16am On Feb 26, 2018
Browsing without the ads will be a big relief. I hate ads. Particularly pop up

2 Likes

Re: How Will Chrome’s New Ad Blocker Impact Ads And Affect Bloggers? by zangiff(m): 8:42am On Feb 26, 2018
Developers will find another option in few weeks to come. I trust some bad ass programmers
Re: How Will Chrome’s New Ad Blocker Impact Ads And Affect Bloggers? by Softgrip(m): 10:03am On Feb 26, 2018
Well Nice Topic i used adblock for chrome and that is working good

1 Like

Re: How Will Chrome’s New Ad Blocker Impact Ads And Affect Bloggers? by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 26, 2018
Omo nah to switch to another ad websites

(1) (Reply)

Anyone With MyBB forum software? / Web Masters: How Much Will You Charge To Manage A Company's Website! / How To Rank Your Blog Articles On Search Engine First Page Within 30 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.