Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Church Razed As Anambra Teacher Marries Sister - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Church Razed As Anambra Teacher Marries Sister (399 Views)

10 Burnt To Death,3 Vehicles Razed As Tanker Explodes On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / I Didn’t Disengage Any Qualified Anambra Teacher, Soludo Clears The Air On Prote / Tajudeen Alabi, NULGE Chairman Burnt To Death As Fire Razed Shops In Ikire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Church Razed As Anambra Teacher Marries Sister by conquerorsegun(m): 6:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
A mathematics teacher in a secondary school in the Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State, Chiadikobi Ezeibekwe , has married his 17 - year- old sister, claiming that God told him to do so.
Speaking with our correspondent on Saturday , Ezeibekwe said he had a revelation where God told him to marry his sibling .
The teacher quoted Bible passages in Deuteronomy to illustrate that siblings could marry each other .
He said , “One advantage of doing this is that it discourages divorce . It also retains family values and norms.”
SUNDAY PUNCH gathered that the wedding was conducted by Chiadikobi ’s elder brother, Chijioke Ezeibekwe , who is the priest of Dwelling Fullness of God Church, Agba.
The youth of the village had set ablaze the church , Dwelling Fullness of God Church, where the wedding was conducted.
Ezeibekwe said he did not pay any bride price to anybody in respect of the marriage .
“ I don’t feel guilty . I don ’t feel ashamed . I don ’t feel intimidated in any way . Only God can stop us ,” he said .
The Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer , Nkeiruka Nwide, said she heard the story “ unofficially.”
Reacting to the issue, the traditional prime minister of Ekwulobia, Gabriel Ezeukwu, said , “ Agba village youths , who saw the marriage as an abomination, set ablaze the church where the wedding took place.
“ I restrained them from further action against the man and his family. If it were in the past, the entire family would be burnt down because this is a grave abomination and sin .”
The eldest son of the family, Emeka Ezeibekwe , vowed to resist their union.
He said , “It ’s over my dead body that they will call themselves husband and wife. It can’t happen.”

source - http://punchng.com/church-razed-as-anambra-teacher-marries-sister/

Re: Church Razed As Anambra Teacher Marries Sister by conquerorsegun(m): 6:43pm On Feb 25, 2018
picture church burning

(1) (Reply)

How To End Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes – Obasanjo / Faithtithing: I Once Frightened The Church With Curses, Now I Know Better –bisho / Poverty Drives Kenyan Spouse To Rent Partners Out to Tourist in prostitution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.