Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. (2079 Views)

2018 Budget: "The Good, The Bad And The Logic Of Servicing Debt With Debt".. / Nigeria Is Sinking Under Buhari – APC Group / How The Federal Character Principle Is Sinking Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by dlondonbadboy: 7:24pm On Feb 25, 2018
Did you know that in 3years Presidoit momodu Buhary has borrowed over 11trillion? No completed project! No light! No improvement of the lives of Nigerians!!

And the herdsman is about to borrow again?

If you are still supporting Buhari you are a complete goat, complete black goat...

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by Ratello: 7:30pm On Feb 25, 2018
dlondonbadboy:
Did you know that in 3years Presidoit momodu Buhary has borrowed over 11trillion? No completed project! No light! No improvement of the lives of Nigerians!!

If you are still supporting Buhari you are a complete goat, complete black goat...

To even think the despot had used over N21 trillion on budgets yet Nigeria is still looking like one miserable shithole is alarming shocked shocked I think I need to join you in calling those Sai Buhari chanters black goats truly

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by FarahAideed: 7:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
He has outspent the last three govts yet he is complaining of lack of funds

1 Like

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by thesicilian: 7:43pm On Feb 25, 2018
You put a school cert holder (actually he can't even find it to hold self) in charge of your national treasures and now you're complaining that he's borrowing too much.
A man who is economically clueless, if you like place all the money at the world bank at his disposal, he'll still borrow more.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by Optional09: 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2018
YEE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by ivandragon: 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
he is borrowing to increase Nigeria's foreign reserves...
lol...

9 Likes

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by dlondonbadboy: 8:52pm On Feb 25, 2018
thesicilian:
You put a school cert holder (actually he can't even find it to hold self) in charge of your national treasures and now you're complaining that he's borrowing too much.
A man who is economically clueless, if you like place all the money at the world bank at his disposal, he'll still borrow more.

Sadly, this is true.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by Sirjamo: 9:11pm On Feb 25, 2018
Federal projects are like your two room hut In your erosion ravaged village that you can start and finish in few months abi? Illiteracy/ Ignorance dey worry you
Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by dlondonbadboy: 9:17pm On Feb 25, 2018
ivandragon:
he is borrowing to increase Nigeria's foreign reserves...

lol...

How did such man become president? HOW DID WE GET HERE?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by dlondonbadboy: 9:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
Sadly, we keep recovering looted funds everyday..

I can not reconcile it..

Somebody help me understand this, Anybody...A zombie? A sarrki? An ngeneukwenu?

1 Like

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by doingood: 9:34pm On Feb 25, 2018
I voted for buhari but now I painfully regret my action. Any body still in support of buhari is a wicked person. The hardship is just too much. Some times I just think of committing crime to survive. Its not easy my brothers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by dlondonbadboy: 9:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
doingood:
I voted for buhari but now I painfully regret my action. Any body still in support of buhari is a wicked person. The hardship is just too much. Some times I just think of committing crime to survive. Its not easy my brothers

Too bad. You were decieved. Like millions of innocent Nigerians, you were decieved by wicked, heartless, egocentric criminals.

Please don't turn to crime. Be patient with Nigeria. Buhary must surely pay for his crimes against Nigerians.

I feel like crying right now...our people are suffering.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by chinoxstock: 9:45pm On Feb 25, 2018
Lalasticlala...what's your take on Mr President?

1 Like

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by DonBobes(m): 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
Since last year November no fuel yet

1 Like

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by Hofbrauhaus(m): 10:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
DonBobes:
Since last year November no fuel yet

This is the longest fuel scarcity since Nigeria gained independence....

Very soon, it won't be Buhari must go, it would be Buhari must die....

Buhari has taken Nigerians 30 years backward...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by luvinhubby(m): 10:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
doingood:

As difficult as things may currently be under Buhari, do not be attempt to go into crime for any reason whatsoever, endure and hope, it will get better someday.
Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by bishopkay: 10:16pm On Feb 25, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

My brother you are very correct here! I love what this government did though to Nigerians... They gave hot blows to Nigerians all at the same time from different angles and corners so Nigerians didn't even know the one to protest against. grin cheesy

Today it's Maina gate, tomorrow it's money eating animals, hunger in the land, non payment of salaries etc. Nigerians had the power to go protest at every given chance during GEJ's tenure because at least, they had access to food. With this government, it's 1 week multiple troubles and Nigerians just know their only parlance would be to vote out the rudderless man and party away.

Imagine fuel scarcity for 3 months and counting now. People are buying fuel at 180 like its the new official price plus claims of subsidies being paid without even the slightest of reactions from Nigerians. I used to think APC used a charm on Nigerians but nay hunger did!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by dlondonbadboy: 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2018
bishopkay:

My brother you are very correct here! I love what this government did though to Nigerians... They gave hot blows to Nigerians all at the same time from different angles and corners so Nigerians didn't even know the one to protest against. grin cheesy

Today it's Maina gate, tomorrow it's money eating animals, hunger in the land, non payment of salaries etc. Nigerians had the power to go protest at every given chance during GEJ's tenure because at least, they had access to food. With this government, it's 1 week multiple troubles and Nigerians just know their only parlance would be to vote out the rudderless man and party away.

Imagine fuel scarcity for 3 months and counting now. People are buying fuel at 180 like its the new official price plus claims of subsidies being paid without even the slightest of reactions from Nigerians. I used to think APC used a charm on Nigerians but nay hunger did!

Chaii. cry

1 Like

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by HiddenShadow: 12:40am On Feb 26, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

Buhari's destiny is to destroy Nigeria and end her existence.
Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by ivandragon: 7:24am On Feb 26, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

How did such man become president? HOW DID WE GET HERE?

a combination of factors & circumstances.

but the fact remains that pmb has an 80% chance of being re-elected in 2019...

why?

1. the security services are headed by his cronies & 'people' who are loyal to pmb & not Nigeria...;

2. INEC is headed by his fellow tribesman who would not want to offend his 'uncle';

3. the people who can actually go toe to toe with pmb & push for his removal, the 'northern elites' will stand by him because the north will never insult, mock, back stab or work strenuously against a fellow northern like southerners do.

4. on the flip side of no. 3 are the almajiris. to them, poverty is second nature. so even if they are suffering more now than 3 years ago, they do not care. as long as pmb associates with their poverty by dishing out verbal rhetorics, they are cool with him staying in power forever.

5. the southern powerhouse politicians are more focused on 2023... they are more concerned on which of them would emerge as President in 2023. since the present hardship does not affect them, they are ready to allow pmb complete a 2nd 'northern' term so power rotates south rather than risking a new northerner who might stay beyond 2023...

6. pmb is a product of the military & regardless of what happened in the past, the military believe that as long as their 'product' rules, they rule. so they will give him support.

7. pmb is ruthless. if he feels you want to challenge him directly, he will crush you. he is ready to plunge Nigeria into crisis to get what he wants. as such, the elites would not go full throttle against him. they rather bide their time & let him leave in 2023. they have the resources to bear the hardship.

8. the mainstream media is gradually being emasculated. reports that would really ginger the masses are being censored. media outlets that can't be bought off are heavily reprimanded for airing reports that paint this 'regime' in bad light.

have you not noticed that when a major scandal is exposed that exposes the failings of this government, it is barely gets airtime past 1 or 2 days.

this means that it is mostly the social media that carries the news & it is very easy to discredit sources from the social media.

so, the 'mistake' that led to pmb's emergence in 2015, will not be a mistake when he emerges in 2019... except Nigerians can somehow find a way around the above issues...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by elampiro(m): 9:08am On Feb 26, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

This is a lie. Our external debt has only risen $5b under Buhari.

Jonathan inherited $3b external debt. Left it at $10b and depleted the external reserves. Oil price was very high.

Our external debt is currently $15billion. Buhari added $5 billion. Buhari has increased our external reserve by $13 billion even with low crude oil price.

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by BlackMbakara1(m): 10:37am On Feb 26, 2018
elampiro:

Jonathan inherited $3b external debt. Left it at $10b and depleted the external reserves. Oil price was very high.

Our external debt is currently $15billion. Buhari added $5 billion. Buhari has increased our external reserve by $13 billion even with low crude oil price.

Let kids be...hatred has mixed stupidity inside their brain.

1 Like

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by DonBobes(m): 12:43pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

Since independence shocked

Mehn dats a record on d negative side
O boy
Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by ivandragon: 2:57pm On Feb 26, 2018
its interesting how people keep saying oil prices were high during GEJ's time & how he didn't save.

these same people never say that as from 2011/2012, the US, the major buyer of Nigerian crude, drastically reduced its crude import.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=5770

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obama-we-don-8217-t-need-energy-from-africa/151925/

from 1.3m bpd (out of 2.2m bpd produced) imported from Nigeria in 2011, it reduced this to 600,000 bpd by 2012 & almost zero bpd by 2014.

http://www.fahamu.org/ep_articles/emerging-and-existing-oil-and-gas-opportunities-in-sub-saharan-africa/

http://allafrica.com/stories/201412220407.html

http://www.thescoopng.com/2014/06/05/us-stops-importing-nigerian-crude-oil/

by 2016, US started buying Nigerian crude oil again in commercial quantities...

http://punchng.com/us-increases-imports-of-nigerian-oil-by-287/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/us-importing-nigeria-crude-oil/

by the time pmb got into office, the GEJ administration had done a lot of ground work to get new markets for Nigeria's crude, so pmb did not suffer the loss of buyers as much as GEJ's administration.

mind you, GEJ had to contend with higher crude oil prices, keeping the exchange rate low & paying subsidy on fuel at premium prices...

pmb had lower prices, more market share for crude, let the exchange rate burden be borne by Nigerians & increased fuel prices despite the lower crude oil prices.

so in essence, GEJ never really enjoyed the increased crude oil prices & it is past time that the recorded be put straight...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by dlondonbadboy: 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2018
ivandragon:
its interesting how people keep saying oil prices were high during GEJ's time & how he didn't save.

these same people never say that as from 2011/2012, the US, the major buyer of Nigerian crude, drastically reduced its crude import.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=5770

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obama-we-don-8217-t-need-energy-from-africa/151925/

from 1.3m bpd (out of 2.2m bpd produced) imported from Nigeria in 2011, it reduced this to 600,000 bpd by 2012 & almost zero bpd by 2014.

http://www.fahamu.org/ep_articles/emerging-and-existing-oil-and-gas-opportunities-in-sub-saharan-africa/

http://allafrica.com/stories/201412220407.html

http://www.thescoopng.com/2014/06/05/us-stops-importing-nigerian-crude-oil/

by 2016, US started buying Nigerian crude oil again in commercial quantities...

http://punchng.com/us-increases-imports-of-nigerian-oil-by-287/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/us-importing-nigeria-crude-oil/

by the time pmb got into office, the GEJ administration had done a lot of ground work to get new markets for Nigeria's crude, so pmb did not suffer the loss of buyers as much as GEJ's administration.

mind you, GEJ had to contend with higher crude oil prices, keeping the exchange rate low & paying subsidy on fuel at premium prices...

pmb had lower prices, more market share for crude, let the exchange rate burden be borne by Nigerians & increased fuel prices despite the lower crude oil prices.

so in essence, GEJ never really enjoyed the increased crude oil prices & it is past time that the recorded be put straight...

Good job.
Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by dlondonbadboy: 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2018
DonBobes:

Since independence shocked

Mehn dats a record on d negative side
O boy

No be jokinh stuff o
Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by baralatie(m): 4:59pm On Feb 26, 2018
elampiro:

Nigeria’s total domestic and foreign debt stocks as at June 30 stood at about $15.1 billion and N14.1 trillion respectively, the National Bureau of Statistics said on Tuesday.
A review of the total foreign debt profile of the Federal and the 36 states governments and the FCT also shows a continuous rise since the coming of the present administration, from $10.718 billion in 2015, to $11.406 billion in 2016 and $15.047 billion in 2017.
Out of the current total figure of $15.047 billion, the Federal Government accounts for $11.106 billion, or about 74 per cent, while the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja owe about $3.94 billion, or 26 per cent.
The Federal and State government shares of the debt stock grew from $7.349 billion and $3.369 billion in 2015, to $7.84 billion and $3.568 billion in 2016, and $3.94 billion and $11.106 billion in 2017 respectively.
The NBS gave further disaggregation of the country’s foreign debt to include $9.67billion as multilateral debt; $218.25million as bilateral (AFD) and $5.15billion from the Exim Bank of China credit to the Federal Government.
Details of the debt figures show that the domestic debts figures of the 36 states of the federation and the FCT have continued to grow since 2015 under the present administration.
From about N2.503 trillion in 2015, the NBS data showed the figure rose to N2.959 trillion in 2016 before reaching the latest point of N3.001 trillion in 2017.
According to the statistics agency, out of the total N14.017 trillion national debt stock, the Federal Government accounts for about N11.058 trillion, or 78.66 per cent, against about N2.959 trillion, or 21.34 per cent by all the states and the FCT.
Further breakdown of the Federal Government domestic debt stock by instruments show that about N7.56 trillion, or 68.41 per cent were in bonds; N3.28 trillion, or 29.64 per cent in treasury bills, while N215.99 million, or 1.95 per cent went into treasury bonds.
Although the NBS did not provide the Federal Government domestic debt figures for 2015, figures obtained from the Debt Management Office, DMO, website on Tuesday showed that total domestic debt by instruments as at December 2015 stood at N8.836 trillion.
This consisted Federal Government bonds N5.808 trillion, or 65.73 per cent; Nigerian treasury bills N2.773 trillion, or 31.38 per cent, and treasury bonds of N255.99 billion, or 2.90 per cent.
Among the 36 states and the FCT, Lagos recorded the highest foreign debt profile, accounting for about 37 per cent of the states’ foreign debts, followed by Kaduna (six per cent), Edo (five percent), Cross River (four percent) and Ogun (three percent).
On the domestic front, Lagos State again took the lead, with the highest domestic debt profile among its colleagues and the FCT, accounting for about 10.39 per cent of the total figure, followed by Delta (8.04 per cent), Awa Ibom (5,18 per cent), FCT (5.09 per cent) and Os
Re: Buhari is sinking Nigeria with Debt.. by elampiro(m): 7:56pm On Feb 26, 2018
baralatie:

Nigeria’s total domestic and foreign debt stocks as at June 30 stood at about $15.1 billion and N14.1 trillion respectively, the National Bureau of Statistics said on Tuesday.
A review of the total foreign debt profile of the Federal and the 36 states governments and the FCT also shows a continuous rise since the coming of the present administration, from $10.718 billion in 2015, to $11.406 billion in 2016 and $15.047 billion in 2017.
Out of the current total figure of $15.047 billion, the Federal Government accounts for $11.106 billion, or about 74 per cent, while the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja owe about $3.94 billion, or 26 per cent.
The Federal and State government shares of the debt stock grew from $7.349 billion and $3.369 billion in 2015, to $7.84 billion and $3.568 billion in 2016, and $3.94 billion and $11.106 billion in 2017 respectively.
The NBS gave further disaggregation of the country’s foreign debt to include $9.67billion as multilateral debt; $218.25million as bilateral (AFD) and $5.15billion from the Exim Bank of China credit to the Federal Government.
Details of the debt figures show that the domestic debts figures of the 36 states of the federation and the FCT have continued to grow since 2015 under the present administration.
From about N2.503 trillion in 2015, the NBS data showed the figure rose to N2.959 trillion in 2016 before reaching the latest point of N3.001 trillion in 2017.
According to the statistics agency, out of the total N14.017 trillion national debt stock, the Federal Government accounts for about N11.058 trillion, or 78.66 per cent, against about N2.959 trillion, or 21.34 per cent by all the states and the FCT.
Further breakdown of the Federal Government domestic debt stock by instruments show that about N7.56 trillion, or 68.41 per cent were in bonds; N3.28 trillion, or 29.64 per cent in treasury bills, while N215.99 million, or 1.95 per cent went into treasury bonds.
Although the NBS did not provide the Federal Government domestic debt figures for 2015, figures obtained from the Debt Management Office, DMO, website on Tuesday showed that total domestic debt by instruments as at December 2015 stood at N8.836 trillion.
This consisted Federal Government bonds N5.808 trillion, or 65.73 per cent; Nigerian treasury bills N2.773 trillion, or 31.38 per cent, and treasury bonds of N255.99 billion, or 2.90 per cent.
Among the 36 states and the FCT, Lagos recorded the highest foreign debt profile, accounting for about 37 per cent of the states’ foreign debts, followed by Kaduna (six per cent), Edo (five percent), Cross River (four percent) and Ogun (three percent).
On the domestic front, Lagos State again took the lead, with the highest domestic debt profile among its colleagues and the FCT, accounting for about 10.39 per cent of the total figure, followed by Delta (8.04 per cent), Awa Ibom (5,18 per cent), FCT (5.09 per cent) and Os

It would be nice if you put this figures in simpler form. For example, today domestic debt as at May 2015. Today domestic debt as at now.

You can also add the reserves.

(1) (Reply)

Police Dismiss 121 Officers For Absconding From Deployment Against Boko Haram / Anambra(APGA) Has Benefited More Than APC/PDP States Since 2015- Pictures / EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Drops Ita Enang As National Assembly Aide, Picks Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.