Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Should Polygamy In Nigeria Be Made A Crime? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Polygamy In Nigeria Be Made A Crime? (1582 Views)

Polygamy In The Bible / Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities / God Commanded Polygamy In New The Testament! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Polygamy In Nigeria Be Made A Crime? by ruona: 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2007
should the Nigerian constitution be changed making polygamy a crime?
Re: Should Polygamy In Nigeria Be Made A Crime? by cuteass1(f): 1:10am On Mar 08, 2007
@ poster

what do you personally think the constitution should do?? then we'll take it from there wink
Re: Should Polygamy In Nigeria Be Made A Crime? by Nobody: 3:37am On Mar 09, 2007
Yes,polygamy should be outlawed in Nigeria.
It is a degradation of the womenfolk.
Re: Should Polygamy In Nigeria Be Made A Crime? by cuteass1(f): 3:42am On Mar 09, 2007
babyosisi:

Yes,polygamy should be outlawed in Nigeria.
It is a degradation of the womenfolk.

I definitely give a 101% support to that
Re: Should Polygamy In Nigeria Be Made A Crime? by jagunlabi(m): 5:46pm On Mar 09, 2007
Well,since there are more women than men,
It will not be in the interest of the womenfolk to outlaw it. grin
Re: Should Polygamy In Nigeria Be Made A Crime? by omoge(f): 6:02pm On Mar 09, 2007
Just because there are more women than men shouldn't be an excuse to allow polygamy.

At least not all of the women want to marry. I agree it should be abolish and make it illegal to have more than 1 wife.

We ladies should start from somewhere, don't agree to marry a man who is already married.
Re: Should Polygamy In Nigeria Be Made A Crime? by cuteass1(f): 7:12pm On Mar 09, 2007
omoge:

Just because there are more women than men shouldn't be an excuse to allow polygamy.

At least not all of the women want to marry. I agree it should be abolish and make it illegal to have more than 1 wife.

We ladies should start from somewhere, don't agree to marry a man who is already married.

thankyou omoge darling, for hitting the nail right on the head. You didn't even miss by an inch. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Should Polygamy In Nigeria Be Made A Crime? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2007
cute-ass:

thankyou omoge darling, for hitting the nail right on the head. You didn't even miss by an inch. kiss kiss kiss

I agree sister.
Any woman that marries an already married man is foolish and is to be pitied.
How low can ones self esteem be to agree to be one of many sharing a man's bed.
And in this day of AIDS,that individual ought to get their heads checked.
No one should settle for anything less than the best.
Marriage is not compulsory.
Re: Should Polygamy In Nigeria Be Made A Crime? by cuteass1(f): 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2007
babyosisi:

I agree sister.
Any woman that marries an already married man is foolish and is to be pitied.
How low can ones self esteem be to agree to be one of many sharing a man's bed.
And in this day of AIDS,that individual ought to get their heads checked.
No one should settle for anything less than the best.
Marriage is not compulsory.

sweetie, believe me you didn't miss either wink wink wink
Re: Should Polygamy In Nigeria Be Made A Crime? by vedaxcool(m): 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2010
Even if all your parents and descendants are against it, it canv neverĀ  be banned from Nigeria simple and short.
Re: Should Polygamy In Nigeria Be Made A Crime? by Cityguy: 3:54pm On Mar 19, 2013
The mere fact that this one died on arrival shows anyone what Nigerians and ppl of Africa want. Move to UK and other western countries if you somuch hold the practice in much distaste. An advice!

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Must To Close Your Eyes While Praying / The Lord Is A Terrible Man Of War. / The Falsehood Of St. Malachy's Prophesy Of The Last Pope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.