Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,933 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit (19853 Views)

EFCC Keeps Mum Over Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Ahead Of 2019 Election / You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" / APC Crisis: Okorocha Blows Hot, Warns Oyegun, NWC Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by Josh44s(m): 9:15am On Feb 26, 2018
oPPOSEE:
Why would leece loose for home eeh. My one million naira cheiii embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Take heart

Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by Lipscomb(m): 9:16am On Feb 26, 2018
grin honestly the carcass of APC will beat PDP quote me anywhere.
lawalosky:
apc should do away with all dis crap..
else pdp will take advantage of the situation. ...

1 Like

Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by juanjo2: 9:17am On Feb 26, 2018
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Ibo slaves on the tow.
so you dont no the real slaves any longer abi?

1 Like

Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by Phelix01(m): 9:20am On Feb 26, 2018
Tinubu vs Oyegun.

Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by sergiolefty(m): 9:22am On Feb 26, 2018
The only thing ur president Sabi do is to use and dump people....like d way he use and dump tinubu before reconciling, he don use and abt to dump Oyegun.. Oyegun shebi u dey run ur mouth like water last two years thinking u gat strong back up, now u re on your own... BuBU right now

1 Like

Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by Klins2000(m): 9:28am On Feb 26, 2018
We are expecting this party, full of empty promises but ended up inflicting injuries and pains on Nigerians, to die a natural death.

1 Like

Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 26, 2018
Tinubu is out to create more allies for himself and fight his way to the top.
He can't be trusted
Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:38am On Feb 26, 2018
Buhari Mr Ambode how is the lagoon

Ambode Your Excellency the lagoon is fine

Buhari I want you to prepare a space in your lagoon where I will dump Tinubu

Ambode copy that your Excellency I will do as you instructed

Buhari Hehehehehe Ambo my boy you have please the caliphate with your Royalty

Ambode I and my tribesmen are under oath to serve the caliphate your Excellency

Buhari Mr Ambo u have Done marvellously well grin cheesy tongue
Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by greatcrown: 9:56am On Feb 26, 2018
PDP juju at work!

Ajatuka ntagbarin!!!

Somebody should help me with translation.
Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by lawalosky(m): 10:07am On Feb 26, 2018
ayookunlee:
do you mean Nigerians should do away with all of them?
not what I mean!
Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by lawalosky(m): 10:10am On Feb 26, 2018
Lipscomb:
grin honestly the carcass of APC will beat PDP quote me anywhere.
bro anything can happen 0.....
Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by contigiency(m): 10:13am On Feb 26, 2018
There is no need asking NWC to resign. All Tinubu should be asking for is thier coperation to enable him suceed in his assignment. Whether anybody wants to agree or not, the NWC of the party has done very well considering what they have achieved since they came on board. Yes a lot of credit has been given to Tinubu but Imagine if APC has not succeeded in winning the elections they have won so far, all blame would have gone to the NWC. Though, I know that this move to sieze this opportunity to hijack the party is about 2023 when power is expected back to the south. Since the faith of 2019 has been sealed in the hands of PMB. Tinubu wants the present NWC to give way so he can plant his men who will organize the expected national convention of the party so they would subsequently put in place a NWC that will do his bidding at the appropriate time. This is where the Igbos in the party will have to play the right politics because it is he who controls the party machinary that will determine who emerges in the part's primary election.
Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by Almoner1: 11:03am On Feb 26, 2018
I don't know why wailers are always disturbing themselves about an issue that doesn't concern them. You think in wider dreams that PDP or any other party can defeat APC. Whether crisis or not, Buhari and Osinbanjo remain our choice for 2019
Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by Tecno66: 11:47am On Feb 26, 2018
Tony Momoh should shut up. I thought he should have been stoned by now. On the issue of Tinubu, I think he is trying to pull the strings now he realises that they have suddenly remembered that they need him to cross the finishing line in the 2019 elections.
nairavsdollars:
*NWC Needs Not Resign For Tinubu To Do His Job — Tony Momoh
*They Either Resign Or Not Interfere In His Assignment – Sagay
Temidayo Akinsuyi and Ojo Oyewamide
As the National Working Committee (NWC) of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu are locked in a battle of wits over the ongoing reconciliation of aggrieved party members, indications emerged at the weekend that majority of party members are divided over the request of the former Lagos State governor that the John Odigie-Oyegun led executive must vacate office to allow him do the job assigned him by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The president had on February 6 appointed Tinubu to lead an APC consultation, reconciliation and confidence building team toward improving cohesion in the party ahead of the general election in 2019.
However, Tinubu, in a letter of complaint to Odigie-Oyegun, and copied President Buhari accused the party chairman of sabotaging his reconciliation efforts.
The letter, entitled, ‘Actions and conduct weakening the party from within’, was also copied Vice President Yemi Osinbajo; Senate President Bukola Saraki and House of Representatives Speaker Yakubu Dogara.
Odigie-Oyegun, who later met President Buhari in a closed-door meeting, said he will continue to give Tinubu all the needed support in his assignment.
A source in the party, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the feeling of some members of the party is that while Tinubu should be given all he requires to carry out his assignment successfully, he should not take undue advantage of the situation to get even with Odigie-Oyegun and other exco members.
“I can tell you that there is division within the APC camp over Tinubu’s request that the Oyegun-led exco must vacate office in place of a caretaker committee. Many of our members believe the reconciliation team should be given free hand to carry out its task without inhibition especially given the fact that the election is just around the corner.
“Though we are not sure of what transpired between Oyegun and the president last week, we believe President Buhari should consider the interest of the party first and not allow some few individuals constitute an impediment to the peace building process.

“However, there are others who believe that Tinubu is trying to take advantage of the opportunity given him to punish Oyegun who he has been having a running battle with. These ones believe that he can carry out the assignment without asking the NWC to resign”, he said.

Also speaking with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Prof. Itse Sagay, Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), said the Oyegun-led exco should either resign or refrain from interfering in Tinubu’s assignment like they are currently doing as stated in Tinubu’s letter.

“Yes, I think they rather resign or if they will remain in office, they should not just interfere in what he is doing and give him a free hand in carrying out his responsibility. There is no doubt that the National Working Committee of APC will need very, very drastic changes for the party to win the 2019 election. They will need a very dynamic and different purposeful leaders if they will make an impact on both the party and the country”, Sagay said
However, Prince Tony Momoh, a national leader of APC, said Oyegun and his exco need not resign for Tinubu to do his job.
He added that Tinubu never insisted that he cannot do the job until the NWC quit office.

“Tinubu never said he won’t carry out the reconciliation tasks until Oyegun and other members of the NWC resign. The constitution provides for who becomes a member of the NWC and then provides for exit from office. So, if they are going to leave, it will be through due process.

“Tinubu never said members of the NWC must resign before he does his job. He went to the party secretariat, they held a meeting and they all decided to work together.

“Where did the people get this impression that unless they resign, Tinubu cannot succeed in his task? To me, resigning or no resigning is not a condition for doing the work of reconciliation”, he said.

DAILY INDEPENDENT had last week reported that the genesis of the current crisis between the two party stalwarts was a result of a request by Tinubu that the NWC vacates office and allow the setting up of a national caretaker committee which will be headed by Chief Bisi Akande, Tinubu’s ally and former interim national chairman of the APC.

A member of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) said Tinubu during the closed door meeting he had with them during his visit to the party secretariat had asked them to resign as a way of finding a lasting solution to the intractable crisis rocking the party.

“I am not surprised by the current letter written by Asiwaju Tinubu. During his visit to the party secretariat, he had asked us members of the NWC led by Chief Oyegun to resign but we told him that is impossible since our tenure will end in June.

“We later understood he wanted to install a caretaker committee headed by Chief Bisi Akande, thereby having his structures in charge of the party. That I can tell you is the genesis of the crisis”, he said.

Read more https://independent.ng/apc-divided-tinubus-demand-oyegun-nwc-exit/

Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by Tecno66: 11:58am On Feb 26, 2018
nero2face:
Na for Oyegun body jagaban wan show muscle, see de use and troway old man, after buhari and cabals don trash u for wastebasket undecided undecided
Na cane them use trash am before but na koboko them go use now.
Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by amodu(m): 1:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
nero2face:
Na for Oyegun body jagaban wan show muscle, see de use and troway old man, after buhari and cabals don trash u for wastebasket undecided undecided

Retreat of a ram will result in more power.

Clamping down that chairmanship is the only way he can get to others you mentioned.

Tinubu possess the savy and wit to scale through, he needs no input from empty beings.
Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by ernieboy(m): 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2018
bishopkay:
Tinubu trying so hard to put the APC back into his kitty. grin He doesn't know even the dullard and his men don't trust him to allow that move!

Guess he skipped history lessons cos history always finds a way to repeat itself.

Now with these whole happenings, wouldn't it be safe and fair to say Tinubu has been demystified? Wouldn't it be fair to say Tinubu only knows south west politics and he was over rated in 2015? Wouldn't it be fair to say he only gained traction in 2015 due to the series of events that played out then and a very powerful and mostly biased media backing him? I think I would be right in the assertions above!

Tinubu should stick to local politics... National politics ain't his thing (he already helped enthrone a failure and now keeping the failing dullard on the Rock is the only thing still keeping him politically relevant). Then, He should also quit whining around like a Lil Bia.tch; power is taken not given so he shouldn't ever think Oyegun and his goons are just gonna roll over and hand him power and their structures just because he's called jagajaga jagaban. He has been trashed and he should take his thrashing in good fate
even in the sw he has been demystified, except only in Lagos. the likes of saraki and co are waiting to teach him politics 101.

2 Likes

Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 26, 2018
bishopkay:
Tinubu trying so hard to put the APC back into his kitty. grin He doesn't know even the dullard and his men don't trust him to allow that move!

Guess he skipped history lessons cos history always finds a way to repeat itself.

Now with these whole happenings, wouldn't it be safe and fair to say Tinubu has been demystified? Wouldn't it be fair to say Tinubu only knows south west politics and he was over rated in 2015? Wouldn't it be fair to say he only gained traction in 2015 due to the series of events that played out then and a very powerful and mostly biased media backing him? I think I would be right in the assertions above!

Tinubu should stick to local politics... National politics ain't his thing (he already helped enthrone a failure and now keeping the failing dullard on the Rock is the only thing still keeping him politically relevant). Then, He should also quit whining around like a Lil Bia.tch; power is taken not given so he shouldn't ever think Oyegun and his goons are just gonna roll over and hand him power and their structures just because he's called jagajaga jagaban. He has been trashed and he should take his thrashing in good fate
Asiwaju has really been trashed. his relevance even in the south west has vanished, he has been defeated in ondo, ekiti, etc.
He would also loose lagos very soon...

1 Like

Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 26, 2018
bishopkay:

Asiwaju has really been trashed. his relevance even in the south west has vanished, he has been defeated in ondo, ekiti, etc.
He would also lose lagos very soon...
Re: APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit by ernieboy(m): 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2018
Almoner1:
I don't know why wailers are always disturbing themselves about an issue that doesn't concern them. You think in wider dreams that PDP or any other party can defeat APC. Whether crisis or not, Buhari and Osinbanjo remain our choice for 2019
oga the issue concerns every citizen of this country because APC' s misrule affects everyone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Young Nigerians, Professionals Can Get Jobs – Fashola / EndSARS: Osinbajo, Six Governors To Engage Youths, CSOs, Others / Etekemba Umoren Waves APC Broom, Chants Party Slogan At Political Rally (2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.