Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,879 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Black Panthers Sets New World Record, Makes $700m In 10 Days - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Black Panthers Sets New World Record, Makes $700m In 10 Days (369 Views)

Invest In Chymall & Earn Every 10 Days / Black Panthers Sets New World Record, Makes $700m In 10 Days / What's The Benefit(s) If You Set A Guinness World Record? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Panthers Sets New World Record, Makes $700m In 10 Days by MercciLee: 9:09am On Feb 26, 2018
Disney’s “Black Panther” dominated the top spot once again this weekend at the North American box office, taking an estimated $108 million, and a global total of $700 million, according to estimates.

And the film has yet to open in China or Japan.

Following a record-shattering opening weekend — raking in $242.2 million — the frenzy to see the 18th entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe continued, bringing total earnings to an astronomical $400 million in just 10 days, according to tracker Exhibitor Relations.

It is only the fourth movie ever to make more than $100 million in its second weekend, joining “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” “Jurassic World” and “Marvel’s The Avengers,” according to Disney, which owns Marvel Studios.

Directed by Ryan Coogler, “Black Panther” features an almost entirely black cast led by Chadwick Boseman as the first non-white superhero to get his own standalone movie in the franchise.

Starring alongside the likes of Michael B Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o and Daniel Kaluuya, Boseman plays the titular superhero also known as T’Challa, king and protector of Wakanda, a technologically advanced, affluent, never-colonized utopia in Africa.

See full list of world records here https://streetnetngr.com/black-panthers-sets-new-world-record-makes-700m-10-days/

Re: Black Panthers Sets New World Record, Makes $700m In 10 Days by stefanweeks: 9:09am On Feb 26, 2018
cool
Re: Black Panthers Sets New World Record, Makes $700m In 10 Days by femolacqua(m): 9:11am On Feb 26, 2018
fascinating
Re: Black Panthers Sets New World Record, Makes $700m In 10 Days by XhosaNostra(f): 9:19am On Feb 26, 2018
This movie is becoming cult-like with some people. I don't think I'll see it until the mass hysteria settles down. I'll probably watch it a couple of years down the line, just because.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Panthers Sets New World Record, Makes $700m In 10 Days by frankzone: 9:19am On Feb 26, 2018
#blackexcellence
Re: Black Panthers Sets New World Record, Makes $700m In 10 Days by EngrMarve(m): 9:38am On Feb 26, 2018
Chai
Re: Black Panthers Sets New World Record, Makes $700m In 10 Days by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
XhosaNostra:
This movie is becoming cult-like with some people. I don't think I'll see it until the mass hysteria settles down. I'll probably watch it a couple of years down the line, just because.
This movie is just like every other Marvel movie,the only reason Africans are getting their coćks and tìts hard over it is because the cast consists of many black faces.

1 Like

Re: Black Panthers Sets New World Record, Makes $700m In 10 Days by XhosaNostra(f): 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2018
Jayceon:
This movie is just like every other Marvel movie,the only reason Africans are getting their coćks and tìts hard over it is because the cast consists of many black faces.

Yeah, I noticed the huge dosage of black pride it's giving some people lol.

(1) (Reply)

2018 Hajj: What Buhari Told Minister, NAHCON / KFC Staff Dies Mysteriously, Company Fails To Report To Police / Tobi’s Ex-girlfriend Accuses Him Of Sleeping With Her Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.