Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow (6880 Views)

Tinubu, Akande, Yerima, Governors Attend APC National Caucus Meeting / Tinubu Absent As Buhari Hosts APC National Caucus Meeting / PDP National Caucus Meeting Holds In Abuja, At The PDP National Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by emmalezy(m): 11:09am On Feb 26, 2018

The national caucus of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) meets today at the presidential villa, Abuja ahead of tomorrow’s National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting.

Daily Trust learnt that today’s meeting would receive interim report from Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu-led committee on “consultation, reconciliation and confidence – building” that was recently constituted by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Besides, today’s meeting would also ratify a comprehensive programme with dates on Continuous Nationwide Membership Registration Exercise, Ward Congresses, Local Government Area Congresses, State Congresses and National Convention which was brought to the attention of the National Caucus at the October 31, 2017 meeting.

The APC secretariat had told the caucus last year that the tenure of all officers elected into the Ward, Local Government, State and National organs of the party would be expiring in the second quarter of 2018 in line with the provisions of Article 17 (1) of the party’s constitution.

In a memo, the party secretariat told the caucus that it had begun preparations for the conduct of Congresses and National Convention in line with the provisions of the party’s constitution.

The APC national chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, had said on January 6 this year that the meetings of National Caucus and NEC would hold to endorse the timetable for congresses and national convention.

The APC national chairman added that the congresses and convention would hold between January and June this year.

The report of Governor Nasir El-Rufai Committee on True Federalism was also expected to be considered at today’s meeting.

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/02/26/convention-apc-national-caucus-meets-today-nec-tomorrow/

cc lalasticlala
Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by d4real890(m): 11:18am On Feb 26, 2018
Using the famous jigi bola I have seen clearly long before jagaban outburst that the assignment given to Ashiwaju Bola Tinubu is an academic exercise. Clarity they say begins at home not Federal capital Territory.
I don't agree that Oyegun's threw one wicked spanner that halted the assignment progress.
What about Fashola, Muiz Banire, Amosu, Aketi etc from his boys quarter he is having issues with might also be the igi woroko's. His reconciliation ought to have started from them.
" you can't plant kokoyam and expected yam"
Jagaban made mistake for accepting such offer. When the president had already destroyed the party with his poor political understanding.
Tinubu was used like the motor mechanic worktools like spanner(used and dumped) after the general elections and he forgot too soon and ignored warnings he offered himself again as working tools.
I wish and pray that come 2019 . 85years old PMB Will go back to Daura and new Abok will Takeover. But my worries if aboki take over Will they spend 4years and leave

13 Likes

Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by AnodaIT(m): 11:25am On Feb 26, 2018
A party that he should be leading, Tinubu would be waiting for his turn to submit report
Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by Lipscomb(m): 11:42am On Feb 26, 2018
undecided you're a political illiterate those people you mentioned here don't have say in political arena. besides that except the ondo people who know Akerededolu,Amosun even fashola?
d4real890:
Using the famous jigi bola I have seen clearly long before jagaban outburst that the assignment given to Ashiwaju Bola Tinubu is an academic exercise. Clarity they say begins at home not Federal capital Territory.
I don't agree that Oyegun's threw one wicked spanner that halted the assignment progress.
What about Fashola, Muiz Banire, Amosu, Aketi etc from his boys quarter he is having issues with might also be the igi woroko's. His reconciliation ought to have started from them.
Jagaban made mistake for accepting such offer. When the president had already destroyed the party with his poor political understanding.
Tinubu was used like the motor mechanic worktools like spanner(used and dumped) after the general elections and he forgot too soon and ignored warnings he offered himself again as working tools.
I wish and pray that come 2019 . 85years old PMB Will go back to Daura and new Abok will Takeover. But my worries if aboki take over Will they spend 4years and leave

5 Likes

Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by tillaman(m): 12:39pm On Feb 26, 2018
Who cares

2 Likes

Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by Phelix01(m): 12:40pm On Feb 26, 2018
I don't care, kokan mi

3 Likes

Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by fulaniHERDSman(m): 12:40pm On Feb 26, 2018
grin
Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by Swissdist(f): 12:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
Neatly used Toyota Avensis 03
0>8>0>3>7>2>9>9>4>6>9
Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by UduMgbo1: 12:42pm On Feb 26, 2018
Apc Is behind bokoharam and fulani herdsmen
Buhari is a terrorist
Tinubu is a bastard
Osibanjo is a vagabond puppet and a Hopless bastard vagabond Useless nonentity bribe eating scumbag fake pastor
Elrufai is a midget
lair Muhammed is a charlatan
Amaechi is a thief
Oshiomole/obaseki is a scallywag
Aregbesola is a nincompoop
Fashola is a hooligan
Rochas is a crook
oyegun is a vulture

cc
ikpunnu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by Ayoswit(f): 12:43pm On Feb 26, 2018
K. The gathering of looters
Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by emmasege: 12:43pm On Feb 26, 2018
APC was and has never been a party.

At best, it's an Amalgamation of Protected Criminals and Aggrieved People Congress. The party ceased to exist as soon as they got rid of their mutual enemy (GEJ).

Now theirs is crisis and failure, while GEJ's is peace of mind and sense of fulfilment.

1 Like

Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by MrMystrO(m): 12:45pm On Feb 26, 2018
Of course, Our Politicians are Smart and the masses are dumb.. Such a shame. To them their interests which are represented by the party, comes first before any Rift between them. I pray that Buhari Decides not to Recontest and Backs out Before the Party primaries because that is the only way he will Not remain president But If he Decides to Recontest, He is in a Commanding Position to Clinch the party ticket at the Convention After which it's Game over! Another four years of Misery.

Poor Nigerians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by Okoyeebos: 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2018
d4real890:

You know nothing about politics. Tinubu accepting that offer was the best step he could take.

3 Likes

Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by livebynite: 12:48pm On Feb 26, 2018
Please tell me how this reduces the price of garri angry
Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by zodiax019: 12:51pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ok nau
Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by Ratello: 1:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
Exercise in futility I am just waiting to see APC's Convention holds

2 Likes

Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by Bizibi(m): 1:31pm On Feb 26, 2018
World war 3 loading in APC.....
Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by ODVanguard: 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2018
Tinubu may not be a saint (which politician is? Not even Buhari with all his 'integrity' is. Nowhere in the World will you find 'saintly' politicians), but he is still the go-to person and central figure for negotiations with the FG in the SW region. This to me is a big advantage for the SouthWest over other regions, because ordinarily the region's governors don't carry much political weight either individually or collectively anyway -- How many of them have the capacity to remain relevant outside of office the way Tinubu has managed to over a decade since he left Alausa? We all witnessed how the PDP shortchanged the SW from the chairmanship position coz they were just too fragmented.

I am not too comfortable with the assignment given to him, but I think it is in the overall interest of the SW that Tinubu remains relevant at the centre while this administration lasts. Lastly, all those abusing and attacking Tinubu are either ignorant or just being mischievious because Politics is first of all a GAME. It is for those with the gusto and stomach to play HARD BALL! It is about negotiations. It is about being controversial if need be (you will represent different things to different people at different points in time), compromise, building alliances, gaining confidence and influence. It is an art of bargaining for Power in order to achieve one's interests -- power is not given on a platter of gold, it is gotten via high-wired politiking. And Politics is not meant for idealists. The likes of Soyinka will never make a good politician in the Nigerian setting. Politics is for pragmatists and realists who aren't overly sentimental when dealing with issues. Tinubu will always be relevant because he seems knows when to put sentiments aside and get into real politiking. Until Nigeria is restructured in such a way that would render being at the centre redundant, I'm of the view that the SW needs to play real politiks of self-interest for the progress of the region.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by adigun27: 2:15pm On Feb 26, 2018
How much
Swissdist:
Neatly used Toyota Avensis 03 0>8>0>3>7>2>9>9>4>6>9
Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2018
APC party of jihad.
Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by MrMystrO(m): 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2018
ODVanguard:
Tinubu may not be a saint (which politician is? Not even Buhari with all his 'integrity' is. Nowhere in the World will you find 'saintly' politicians), but he is still the go-to person and central figure for negotiations with the FG in the SW region. This to me is a big advantage for the SouthWest over other regions, because ordinarily the region's governors don't carry much political weight either individually or collectively anyway -- How many of them have the capacity to remain relevant outside of office the way Tinubu has managed to over a decade since he left Alausa? We all witnessed how the PDP shortchanged the SW from the chairmanship position coz they were just too fragmented.

I am not too comfortable with the assignment given to him, but I think it is in the overall interest of the SW that Tinubu remains relevant at the centre while this administration lasts. Lastly, all those abusing and attacking Tinubu are either ignorant or just being mischievious because Politics is first of all a GAME. It is for those with the gusto and stomach to play HARD BALL! It is about negotiations. It is about being controversial if need be (you will represent different things to different people at different points in time), compromise, building alliances, gaining confidence and influence. It is an art of bargaining for Power in order to achieve one's interests. And Politics is not meant for idealists. The likes of Soyinka will never make a good politician in the Nigerian setting. Politics is for pragmatists and realists who aren't overly sentimental when dealing with issues. Tinubu will always be relevant because he seems knows when to put sentiments aside and get into real politiking. Until Nigeria is restructured in such a way that would render being at the centre redundant, I'm of the view that the SW needs to play real politiks of self-interest for the progress of the region.

What an amazing Post! You have said it all.

1 Like

Re: Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:50pm On Feb 26, 2018
thelong awaited convention..this will either tear these party the more or make it lose the 2019 elections if not handle properly.

(1) (Reply)

See Photos Of Asiwaju Tinubu As He Landed In Nigeria Today From UK / 32 Women Serving As Ministers, HoS, Advisers In Buhari's Government - Adesina / Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.