Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,077 members, 7,814,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Opel Vectra Engine Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Opel Vectra Engine Issues (1193 Views)

Very Neat Opel Vectra 2001 For Sale / Opel Vectra B For Sale / Please Advice About Opel Vectra B 1996 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opel Vectra Engine Issues by critic007(m): 11:10am On Feb 26, 2018
I have an Opel Vectra, 1999 model, 2.0,16V.

First, for a while now I v been having cold start in the morning. Car starts once but dies off immediately unless you push the throttle pedal lightly. When about to move, it stalls repeatedly.

But when engine get warm, it doesn't stalls. RPM also very low(at times, below 500).Also noticed fuel consumption a bit high. I once did a scan and it says camshaft position sensor. Another, coolant temperature voltage high.[color=#990000][/color]

Secondly, also noticed the dashboard lights goes off immediately while driving, power window stop working and car becomes too heavy,i.e lack of power . It could barely climb a little hill even with serious revs. When transmission is engaged into drive or reverse, it jerks. Took it to an electrician, he did something at the fuse area under the steering and car became normal only for it to return back to the above symptoms after a month.

What could cause these? Thanks for the expected response.
Re: Opel Vectra Engine Issues by Lexusgs430: 11:15am On Feb 26, 2018
critic007:
I have an Opel Vectra, 1999 model, 2.0,16V.

First, for a while now I v been having cold start in the morning. Car starts once but dies off immediately unless you push the throttle pedal lightly. When about to move, it stalls repeatedly.

But when engine get warm, it doesn't stalls. RPM also very low(at times, below 500).Also noticed fuel consumption a bit high. I once did a scan and it says camshaft position sensor. Another, coolant temperature voltage high.[color=#990000][/color]

Secondly, also noticed the dashboard lights goes off immediately while driving, power window stop working and car becomes too heavy,i.e lack of power . It could barely climb a little hill even with serious revs. When transmission is engaged into drive or reverse, it jerks. Took it to an electrician, he did something at the fuse area under the steering and car became normal only for it to return back to the above symptoms after a month.

What could cause these? Thanks for the expected response.

Harsh to say...... But you might have to start considering scrapping this opel..... It's unfortunately got to the ripe age of retirement.....

1 Like

Re: Opel Vectra Engine Issues by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 26, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Harsh to say...... But you might have to start considering scrapping this opel..... It's unfortunately got to the ripe age of retirement.....
Wrong very wrong. He needs to take the car to areas where they use Opel..... I think lekki-epe expressway areas..if I remember correctly.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wealthy Igbo Man Buries His Father In A Brand New N32 Million Bmw Suv / Advice Needed, Buying Tokunbo Tyres Or Brand New In Nigeria ? / The Autos Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.