Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) (43278 Views)

Beautiful Kenyan Lady, Monny Muthoni Commits Suicide (photos) / Lady Born With Cleft Undergoes Surgery: Before And After Pictures / Doreen Moraa Moracha Celebrates 28 Years Of Living With HIV (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by cocoflakes: 2:11pm On Feb 26, 2018
Knowledge is Power!...I know most people don't know this..If she was born with HIV and she is healthy today, it means she has been faithful to her medication and if she has been faithful to her medication, it means her viral load is very low or most likely, UNDETECTABLE and if her viral load is undetectable, there is absolutely no way she can transmit the virus through sexual intercourse...THIS IS A MEDICAL FACT....and that is the reason why Jacob Zuma is HIV negative today...and that is the reason why people with HIV get married, have children and live their normal lives.....Knowledge is Power!

1 Like

Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by Kingsley10000: 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Real men don't segregate.
They'd give her good sex despite her status.
No matter the challenge we face
Team skin-to-skin we remain because something must kill a man.

As long as you soak your preek in salty water then anoint it afterwards, you are safe and good.

MAD MAN LOL
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 2:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
omooba969:

Balanced?undecided But she's standing with arms akimbo na.

Ok come inside & show me yours. cool
Am curveless cry
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by debolayinka(m): 2:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
And we can use her as a good punishment for rapists ooooo.....

1 Like

Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by Opoki(m): 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Real men don't segregate.
They'd give her good sex despite her status.
No matter the challenge we face
Team skin-to-skin we remain because something must kill a man.

As long as you soak your preek in salty water then anoint it afterwards, you are safe and good.

Salty warm water
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by omooba969(m): 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
Am curveless cry

Adonbilivit.

1 Like

Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by wink2015(m): 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2018
NA SO KENYA GET FINE WOMEN?

But this one is CONTAMINATED!

Fine but DEADLY!
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by ismail55(m): 2:37pm On Feb 26, 2018
See fine way to cross to other side...better than accident or jump into river.
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by Cadec007(m): 2:38pm On Feb 26, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
Am curveless cry
LOL I don't believe:->:->
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by Reeberry: 2:44pm On Feb 26, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
See the hips kiss

Na to give an backy , from the behind cool
That's why you only got just one "like" for many hours, despite on front-page. You can see for yourself how senseless you are.

1 Like

Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by Reeberry: 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
Is dat one curve?
I can't find her curve. Where did she keep it?
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by Reeberry: 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2018
MVLOX:
She is not just beautiful but also a wonderful person.... I rather risk my life with a woman who come clean on her hiv status Dan fall for a deceptive woman
You people just lie to yourselves here. Mumu.

1 Like

Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by MVLOX(m): 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2018
Reeberry:
You people just lie to yourselves here. Mumu.

U re must be so used the lie Dat I nw guess u can't even differentiate btw a lie and d true.... Dat makes u the real mumu here
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by Reeberry: 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2018
MVLOX:

U re must be so used the lie Dat I nw guess u can't even differentiate btw a lie and d true.... Dat makes u the real mumu here
Stop deceiving yourself kid. Anyway, go and Bleep HIV positive woman skin to skin and come back to tell us your status in 1month. Olodo.
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by Allisonstvs(m): 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2018
edunwablog:
Doreen Moraa Moracha, now 25-years old was just 13 when she learned that she was HIV positive. This was despite her parents being aware of her status five years earlier. "My parents knew about it when I was 8. But they informed me about my status when I was 13," she opened up in an exclusive interview with TUKO. The question is how exactly did she contract a disease that would otherwise pass as deadly among most African societies at such a tender age?

Apparently, Doreen was born with the virus to an HIV discordant couple whereby she is the only child among her siblings to have been diagnosed of HIV. Owing to the stigma that surrounds HIV and the horror of getting rejected by her peers, she was asked to remain silent about her condition through her teenage years.

However, she could not remain silent forever. In 2015, Doreen resolved to go public about her status in a move aimed at offering encouragement and hope for a full life with adherence to treatment to others living with HIV. She also wanted to use her story to raise awareness about the virus and to help the fight against the stigma HIV still has in her community. This was amid protestation and censure from her father who is HIV negative. "I was doing my attachment at TSC and most of the times we would go out to learning institutions for outreaches and HIV testing and while at the field, that is when I learnt that there was need for more information about HIV out there. My boss then, also pushed me that I should come out and try make a change with my story," she recalls.

She, however, acknowledges that this was certainly not an easy process and that disclosure took a lot of courage. "I was afraid considering the stigma associated with HIV. The first time my story came out and NTV shared it on their Facebook page and my friends were commenting how they know me and all that, I got scared and deactivated my Facebook account temporarily," she remarks. Emboldened, Doreen has been unstoppable ever since. She has been able to share her story at countless conferences, talk shows, and the very latest - the internet. Like many in her generation, she has turned to Facebook to share her 25-year journey with HIV. In one profound Facebook post, Doreen uncovers how she, alongside her mother traveled over 500km from Kenya to the remote village of Loliondo in Arusha, Tanzania to get a cure for the virus.

At the time, the village had shot to fame with thousands of people flocking the area to get a herbal concoction purported to cure HIV/Aids, cancer, diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, hypertension and any other ailment. "I wanted to get well so bad that I convinced my mum that we head to Loliondo for a cup of the herbal medicine. She agreed, but I didn't get better and this led me to defaulting from taking my ARVs for 2 years which most definitely affected my health," she narrates. "The journey has not been easy but I finally accepted my status and i'm using my story to end stigma related to HIV and to encourage people infected that they shouldn't let a small virus that cant talk to control their lives," she contends.

Her posts have since been gaining so much traction, with many social media users commending her for being bold enough to share her story. Despite her condition, her beautiful and sassy photos have still attracted potential suitors who would love to get into a relationship with her. "I use my social media mostly Facebook for advocacy and motivational purposes and yes, I do get men sliding into my inbox, some even promising to take Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) dr*gs as long as I agree to date them," she recounts. Her greatest piece of advice to the young people is the very same one that most have likely heard time without number: abstaining or use of protection.

See more photos at
http://www.akelicious.com/2018/02/photosmeet-beautiful-25-year-old-lady.html

so like this now she carry am
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by Allee90: 3:23pm On Feb 26, 2018
So Sad. Rip
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by MVLOX(m): 3:24pm On Feb 26, 2018
Reeberry:
Stop deceiving yourself kid. Anyway, go and Bleep HIV positive woman skin to skin and come back to tell us your status in 1month. Olodo.

I forgot dis is nairaland and pple from other planets are allowed here... No vex na me reply u...
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by eodavids(m): 3:26pm On Feb 26, 2018
Rutley:

Na to contact HIV from the front

On point!
Earlier, I wanted not to comment, but you are so much on point.
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by Rockyrascal(m): 3:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
This nwamaikpke guy sha; he should just get a website where he can make an alternative source of income with his comic words.
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by hakimi1974(m): 3:59pm On Feb 26, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
See the hips kiss

with tubeless abi? okay ooo' nah to catchy the desease from behind.
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 4:00pm On Feb 26, 2018
Reeberry:
I can't find her curve. Where did she keep it?
We dey same boat

1 Like

Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by Reeberry: 4:09pm On Feb 26, 2018
MVLOX:

I forgot dis is nairaland and pple from other planets are allowed here... No vex na me reply u...
You must be from Mercury.
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by obentenyson(m): 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
MVLOX:
She is not just beautiful but also a wonderful person.... I rather risk my life with a woman who comes clean on her hiv status Dan fall for a deceptive woman
just because she fresh now no mean sey ur case go be like that, you go just dry like fish.... Ur mama for don trowey you teytey
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by Pat081: 5:06pm On Feb 26, 2018
N some guy will b like pls let us do dis tin just once n if d gal now tell dem dat she gt HIV dey will still say dat I dnt care b it AIDS just gv it to mi just one time n I will nt ask u again
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by Readonee35L(m): 5:33pm On Feb 26, 2018
bigplayerz:
E pain you right....hug transformer or choke on my middle finger ....#slowpoke#
You're a bastard.
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by MVLOX(m): 6:04pm On Feb 26, 2018
obentenyson:
just because she fresh now no mean sey ur case go be like that, you go just dry like fish.... Ur mama for don trowey you teytey

The problem I have with Nigerians is Dat we don't like doing important research on our own and knowing the truth no wonder politicians and religious leaders dey use us take shine........ The is Dat most HIV patients that get to know on time, accept their fate and start treatment immediately live longer than the so called normal people... Ask your doctor to confirm..... I stand to be corrected
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by MVLOX(m): 6:05pm On Feb 26, 2018
obentenyson:

The problem I have with Nigerians is Dat we done like doing important research on our own and knowing the truth no wonder politicians and religious leaders dey use us take shine........ The is Dat most HIV patients that get to know on time, accept their fate and start treatment immediately live longer than the so called normal people... Ask your doctor to confirm..... I stand to be corrected
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by UnimkeAk(m): 6:52pm On Feb 26, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
See the hips kiss

U sabi...
Skin to skin
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by Xisnin(m): 7:29pm On Feb 26, 2018
madgoat:
kiss kiss
Seeing someone like this claiming to have HIV, makes me doubt hiv is real. Its just a thing of the mind and not a physical disease
SMH
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by emmykey0128(m): 8:50pm On Feb 26, 2018
You will not kill me with laff o o
Fadiga24:

grin
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by fuellessgen: 11:27pm On Feb 26, 2018
See fine babe with hot laps.
Re: Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) by tosyne2much(m): 12:06am On Feb 27, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
i can connect her with either tosyne2much/wristbangle.Dey both like PDP structure like dis
Hahaha this man sha cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Beijing Shuts Food Market And Goes Into 'wartime Emergency Mode' / In Which Hospital Can I Check For GENOTYPE Of Unborn Child Here In Nigeria. / COVID-19: Sanwo-olu Commissions Eti-osa Isolation Centre (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.