Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,967 members, 7,814,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Writers, Editors Needed - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writers, Editors Needed (3310 Views)

How Do I Get Freelance Writers & Editors On Literature Section? / We Are Looking For Volunteer Editors / Mailing List Of Major Editors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writers, Editors Needed by Another: 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2010
I am in the process of setting up an independent publishing company in Nigeria to publish books and a magazine. I need to team up with some like-minded literary giants: people who have authority over the spoken and written word, people who have a little to invest and people who want to be a force to reckon on in the Nigerian literary world in particular, Africa in the outset and the world, at large.

I don't need time wasters, who are not sure what they want in life. I need determined people, who have burnt their bridges, and can only move forward. I will be in Nigeria in the next few weeks and will like to meet up with such individuals so we can take the Nigerian literary industry to the next level.

For interested people, please send your email queries to dogmatic27@yahoo.com

Thanks for your attention
Re: Writers, Editors Needed by rotimy(m): 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2010
If you are serious and not a time waster, start first before looking for workers and investors, all you you have now are
1. a fine idea
2. a mobile phone
3. a yahoo email account
Re: Writers, Editors Needed by vescucci(m): 1:49pm On Apr 29, 2010
Ouch
Re: Writers, Editors Needed by Another: 2:14am On May 01, 2010
Thanks, all those that sent your emails. Please if you have not heard from us, maybe you are not particularly what we need at this time, but it does not mean that you are not skillful and unique in your own special way. Thanks for your co-operation!
Re: Writers, Editors Needed by chnovpaul(m): 10:11pm On May 03, 2010
I am interested. Tell me more,
Re: Writers, Editors Needed by homy: 12:46pm On May 04, 2010
Am interested too but pls can you educate us the more. Where are planning to locate this outfit?
Re: Writers, Editors Needed by Another: 1:40pm On May 04, 2010
For thos showing some interest, please email to show your interest and please tell us a little about yourself, your experience and your publications or wrtings, if any. For obvous reasons, you can't do that on this forum.
Re: Writers, Editors Needed by homy: 2:37pm On May 04, 2010
My name is Ikenna. I live in Abuja.
It may surprise you that the writer talking with you is not high one of the profile persons with a master degree or even Bsc, I'm a school leaver. But I tell you I have so much to offer you and your company. Writing is a thing of passion and flare, well , I've got these. I've worked with an NGO and of couse an certain magazine company - Lavender magazine. Unfurtunately these outfits were just starters who could't make it for one reason or the other, mostly financial.

I wish to say that education on it's own does not guarrantee anything, it is a man's gift that makes success.
I'm currently working on a work of fiction. I also have other short stories, some finished and others still in progress.

I want to believe you don't just want to work with graduates, that continues to think that the world owe them a living as graduates, but with people who with their measure of ingenuity can join force to produce an outstanding performance.

If you wish to work with me, please do ontact me - frankyiykman@yahoo.co.uk, 08065353686

Wishing you great success.
Best regards.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Movie Directors Looking For Scripts / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / My Classic First Love Scenario And The Unwanted End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.