Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Formalin: Why You Should Reduce Eating Frozen Turkeys And Chickens - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Formalin: Why You Should Reduce Eating Frozen Turkeys And Chickens (44745 Views)

NAFDAC Warns Against Smuggled Frozen Chicken, Says ‘They Contain Formalin’ / Lagos State Ministry Of Health Cover Up After injecting Patient with Formalin!!! / Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Formalin: Why You Should Reduce Eating Frozen Turkeys And Chickens by Lovintus2(m): 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ok

Re: Formalin: Why You Should Reduce Eating Frozen Turkeys And Chickens by Greatzeus(m): 7:59pm On Feb 26, 2018
Bla bla bla bla undecided
Re: Formalin: Why You Should Reduce Eating Frozen Turkeys And Chickens by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 26, 2018
teemanbastos:
It is true that some of us like eating these frozen foods, but I came across the preservative used for preserving them.
Formalin... the stuffs fumes like anything and is corrosive..
If you want to eat, buy the Natural one and eat.

This thing is damn corrosive....
Even Coca-Cola etc...
Please let's reduce the way we consume them so that our health wouldn't suffer.
God help us

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/29/19164/
You should note that not all frozen meat are preserved with chemicals. I preserve mine naturally with no chemicals.

1 Like

Re: Formalin: Why You Should Reduce Eating Frozen Turkeys And Chickens by CioAngels(f): 8:10pm On Feb 26, 2018
Where do we find the local ones? I ones bought local chicken, boiled for 10minutes and the flesh had gone off the bones so the thicken became messed up meaning to say chicken was not matured. It was a waste for me. Where we get the real chicken?
Re: Formalin: Why You Should Reduce Eating Frozen Turkeys And Chickens by Thewesterner(m): 8:21pm On Feb 26, 2018
For Malin? The same chemical used in the preservation of autopsy and biopsy specimens?
Re: Formalin: Why You Should Reduce Eating Frozen Turkeys And Chickens by aspirebig: 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
Frozen chicken and Turkey is a poison.

Eat them at your risk......live chicken. That is .. point and kill chicken is better.
Re: Formalin: Why You Should Reduce Eating Frozen Turkeys And Chickens by dasparrow: 1:42am On Feb 27, 2018
SweetJoystick:
Anyone i see i dey chop, i no dey select food

Right
Re: Formalin: Why You Should Reduce Eating Frozen Turkeys And Chickens by Jessam: 2:27am On Feb 27, 2018

According to him, that gap is not as a result of inefficiencies of poultry owners but due to lack of patronage on the part of the consumers. “Operators have invested in slaughtering and de-feathering machinery, packaging and storage facilities as well as marketing strategies to convince Nigerians to patronise their safer and more nutritious products.

“This is a viable money making idea for Nigerians, especially the ones in diaspora seeking viable businesses to set up in Nigeria. Home based Nigerians looking for what to do in retirement can also consider this business. The unemployed Nigerian graduate, who can put on his thinking cap, can also set up in this business, starting small,” he said.

Ayodele added that Nigeria has no business importing frozen poultry, which can easily be produced at home to provide employment and create wealth for her citizens. “If patronized, operators can reduce the unemployment rate by over two million in one month and that will just be the beginning in Nigeria,” he added.

Also, an economist, Dr. Olusola Owoeye, explained that Nigerian consumption was put at 1.5 million tonnes, while production was estimated to be about 350,000 million tones, leaving a demand and supply gap of 1.2million tones, which is met through smuggling.

The fact of the matter is that smugglers thrive because it is cheaper than the local grown chicken. The European and USA poultry farmers are able to produce chicken at at least a quarter of the price of what his/her Nigerian counterpart can produce a chicken. Corruption at the highest level has made manufacturing anything in Nigeria noncompetitive compared to the international community. For example the cost of moving poultry feed in bulk across states is 3 times as expensive as international countries. Add the fact that chickens don't last long when moved long distances across the country.

However the biggest problem is lack of competitively priced maize for all livestock producers in Nigeria be they cattle, poultry or pigs . maize is the number one and most important constituent of all feeds . I blame all past and present countries for the inaction in not enabling an environment to grow corn all year round. In Nigeria 90% of corn is planted during the rainy season, this is not acceptable if Nigeria wants to produce it livestock competitively. The government needs to MAKE IT HAPPEN that corn can be planted year round. Imagine if say Nigeria produced 1,000,000 metric tonnes of corn now. if planted year round corn can be harvested at least 4 times meaning Nigeria would produce 4 times what it is currently producing. This will crash the price of corn at least in half, generate more revenue for farmers. Poultry farmers will rear their chicken for less than half the price and become competitive compared to international competitors. Smugglers will then find their chicken is more expensive than the local produced poultry.

Where does the government fit in. It needs an comprehensive agricultural plan, the country needs dams and irrigation systems . it needs cheap land leased or sold to farmers. Farmers need subsidies and guaranteed farm gate rates just like its done in Europe and USA. The agricultural sector needs access to good roads and railways.

Come Nigeria you can at least grow corn all year round, its not rocket science... BTW WHERE THE HECK IS THE MONSTER OF AGRICULTURE, HE SHOULD BE VISITING FARMS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY EVERYDAY NOT SITTING IN ABUJA. WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO PAY US A VISIT AND SEE WHAT WE ARE DOING AND ASK HOW THE GOVERNMENT CAN ASSIST US PRODUCE OUR PRODUCE CHEAPER

Re: Formalin: Why You Should Reduce Eating Frozen Turkeys And Chickens by walexsho(m): 5:46am On Feb 27, 2018
White meats (Rabbit, Guinea fowl) are the best for health

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nkiru Obasi: Survivor Of Lebanon Explosion Calls For Help From Nigeria / I'm About 3 Weeks Pregnant. How Do I Get Rid Of It? / This Drug Increased My Libido: Suprised At Effect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.