Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,080 members, 7,818,233 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Is This Politics Between Christian North And South Solidified In Marriage??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This Politics Between Christian North And South Solidified In Marriage??? (992 Views)

4 Women From Kebbi Children Home Given Out In Marriage By Governor Bagudu (Photo / This Politics – ‘your War On Corruption Is One Sided’ CAN President, Samson Ayo / Osinbajo Is Behind The North And South-east Crisis-northern Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Politics Between Christian North And South Solidified In Marriage??? by astrodome: 8:45pm On Feb 26, 2018
First time I am seeing a marriage between a northerner (female) and an Igbo (male). Thankfully, this northerner is a Christian

The groom is from Umuahia, Abia State and the bride is from Pankshin LGA in Plateau State. They both live and work in Abuja.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Politics Between Christian North And South Solidified In Marriage??? by astrodome: 8:46pm On Feb 26, 2018
First foto: members of groom's Igbo family

Re: Is This Politics Between Christian North And South Solidified In Marriage??? by astrodome: 8:46pm On Feb 26, 2018
More

1 Share

Re: Is This Politics Between Christian North And South Solidified In Marriage??? by olawalepopoola: 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2018
Pankshin are not generally Moslems but Christian. I have a good friend from there.

1 Like

Re: Is This Politics Between Christian North And South Solidified In Marriage??? by astrodome: 8:50pm On Feb 26, 2018
olawalepopoola:
Pankshin are not generally Moslems but Christian. I have a good friend from there.

Yes, the lady is a Christian, of course

1 Like

Re: Is This Politics Between Christian North And South Solidified In Marriage??? by HallaDaTruth: 9:01pm On Feb 26, 2018
Happy Married Life

1 Like

Re: Is This Politics Between Christian North And South Solidified In Marriage??? by lawman88(m): 9:23pm On Feb 26, 2018
What is your definition of a northerner? How dare you calling a man from plateau a northerner? He is from middle belt , affiliated to south. Plateau people are christians so don't....if marries from Kano or Hausa or Fulani, that is when you should be surprised...

4 Likes

Re: Is This Politics Between Christian North And South Solidified In Marriage??? by astrodome: 9:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
lawman88:
What is your definition of a northerner? How dare you calling a man from plateau a northerner? He is from middle belt , affiliated to south. Plateau people are christians so don't....if marries from Kano or Hausa or Fulani, that is when you should be surprised...

Buhahaha! I did not know that Plateau State has been geographically reclassified to become a southern state. ''Affiliation'' is not the same as ''proper''. Panadol no be Aspirin
Re: Is This Politics Between Christian North And South Solidified In Marriage??? by Nowenuse: 12:12am On Feb 27, 2018
lawman88:

I just tire for this OP astrodome.

I am from Plateau and I have witnessed uncountable marriages between my people and southerners (Igbos, yorubas etc).

We middlebelters and northern christians have no problem with marrying southerners.

Go to, Jos, Kaduna, Abuja etc. It happens almost everyday. So many of my family members are married to Southerners.

However, I wish the couple a happy married life. You guys should take care of my sister very well. I can see Ngas traditional dancers over there. Wonderful!

1 Like

Re: Is This Politics Between Christian North And South Solidified In Marriage??? by Nowenuse: 12:15am On Feb 27, 2018
olawalepopoola:

The entire Plateau state are generally not muslims, not only Pankshin. Same thing with Southern Kaduna and many other northern/middlebelt areas.

Infact, it is easier to find a Plateau indigene who is a muslim than a Southern Kaduna indigene who is a muslim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Politics Between Christian North And South Solidified In Marriage??? by ItsTutsi(m): 2:25am On Feb 27, 2018
ur assertation smacks off a desperate attempt to malign the facts for some sinister and cheap political point,u should have tagged ur close circle and fool along instead of trying to insult our sensibility

u generalised the whole platue state as a Christian majority,but didn't generalise kaduna state as a Muslim majority by subjecting it into kd south,u see ur hypocrisy! u should have applied the same logic by saying platue north is Muslim majority too

when u talk about kaduna south being Christian in majority,u should have also talk about platue north being Muslim in majority,that will balance the equation

let me educate u on ur ignorance..u can't be an indigene of kd south! kaduna is the state,so ur an indigene of kaduna state not kd south,and muslims r the majority in that state!

u also try to imply Christianity is the majority in the MB,u should know MB doesn't only consist of benue and Platue,but also kogi,kwara and Niger state with a Muslims majority

u probably thought u could write rubbish and get away with it undecided

Nowenuse:

The entire Plateau state are generally not muslims, not only Pankshin. Same thing with Southern Kaduna and many other northern/middlebelt areas.

Infact, it is easier to find a Plateau indigene who is a muslim than a Southern Kaduna indigene who is a muslim.
Re: Is This Politics Between Christian North And South Solidified In Marriage??? by drealzum(m): 3:40am On Feb 27, 2018
Lol. Pankshin is my home town o.
I'm a Proud Ngas boy. I don't consider us a small tribe really. We are second largest tribe on the plateau and we are also found in Bauchi.
The lady is ngas........That's the language we speak.
I wish the lady a blessed marriage. We are full Christians. Dumb for any body not to know that, giving the number of Ngas men that have contributed their quota to this Country.
General Yakubu Gowon(Former Head of state) ,JD Gomwalk(Governor of Benue plateau) , Colonel Buka Dimka(Ask Murtala Mohammed family) , Prof Umoru Gomwalk(Pioneer chancellor of FUTO and one time Vc at Nsukka),Rhoda Mohammed (First female Nigerian ambassador to UN), Ice prince Panshak Zamani(You all listen to his rap), Pastor Ishaku Chingtok (You all have heard his messages and songs) Kefas Ropshik(CEO of Kefiano autos, the biggest car stand in Abuja),Hezekiah Dimka(Former commissioner of police in Imo), Prof Nenfort Gomwalk(Former Vc of Uni Jos), Victor Dimka(We all know what he did when he was custom boss in charge of Seme border), David paradang(Former Comptroller General of Immigration).
These are the few popular ngas individuals I can think of and remember right now. I don't think giving these number of people, some one should be asking, are they Christians? Who are they?
Questions like that shows how little or nothing an individual knows about his country.

1 Like

Re: Is This Politics Between Christian North And South Solidified In Marriage??? by Nowenuse: 10:35am On Feb 28, 2018
ItsTutsi:
ur assertation smacks off a desperate attempt to malign the facts for some sinister and cheap political point,u should have tagged ur close circle and fool along instead of trying to insult our sensibility

u generalised the whole platue state as a Christian majority,but didn't generalise kaduna state as a Muslim majority by subjecting it into kd south,u see ur hypocrisy! u should have applied the same logic by saying platue north is Muslim majority too

when u talk about kaduna south being Christian in majority,u should have also talk about platue north being Muslim in majority,that will balance the equation

let me educate u on ur ignorance..u can't be an indigene of kd south! kaduna is the state,so ur an indigene of kaduna state not kd south,and muslims r the majority in that state!

u also try to imply Christianity is the majority in the MB,u should know MB doesn't only consist of benue and Platue,but also kogi,kwara and Niger state with a Muslims majority

u probably thought u could write rubbish and get away with it undecided

Where did this one come from?

Can you mention the parts of Plateau north that are predominantly muslim? There are 6 LGAs in Plateau north, mention the ones that have muslim majority.

Apart from Jos north where muslims can claim like 35% of the population. No other place has a large muslim population in Plateau north, if there is, name it!

Kaduna state is one state, but Southern Kaduna people and Hausa fulanis are 2 completely distinct and unrelated groups of people.
I differentiate Southern Kaduna because it is a nation of it's own, with millions of people, capable of being it's own state.

And pls, where did you conduct a religious census to determine that Kaduna state is a muslim majority state? How did you arrive at your figures?

A state with 23 LGAs in which christians form majority in 11-12 of them, then you want to generalize the state as a muslim majority state? You neee help.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How SSS Released Hussaini Maitangaran, Boko Haram Kingpin Who Coordinated Kano M / Check Out The New Look Of Lagos-ibadan Railway Project As Amaechi Inspects It(pi / Who Is A Yahoo Boy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.