Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,525 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

7 Killed As Violence Rocks Kaduna Community - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 7 Killed As Violence Rocks Kaduna Community (792 Views)

Villagers Beheaded In Biase As Violence Rocks Cross River. Graphic Photo / Family Of 7 Killed In Benin By Suspected Generator Fumes (Graphic Photos, Video) / Obituary Of 2 Sisters, Aged 11 & 7 Killed By Armed Robbers While Traveling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Killed As Violence Rocks Kaduna Community by agwom(m): 6:16am On Feb 27, 2018
The police in Kaduna have confirmed seven persons killed in a fresh round of violence between Kadara and Hausa youths at Kasuwan Magani town in Kajuru local government of Kaduna State.

The police public relations officer, ASP Mukhtar Hussain Aliyu, who confirmed the breakdown of law and order, said after receiving a distress call in the morning, the commissioner of police quickly dispatched a team led by the Assistant Commissioner of Police (Operations) to the area.

He said the unit has been joined by men of Operation Yaki and the mobile police force unit and they have succeeded in bringing the situation under control.

“That is all I can for now, further details would be communicated to you,” he said.

The crisis was said to have started yesterday morning over allegations that a lady was about to be converted to a different faith and the youths from both sides clashed which resulted in a fight and in the process one of the youths was stabbed.

A resident of Kajuru, Malam Bako, who spoke with our correspondent, said more than 10 people may have been killed.

He said, “My friend lost two of his brothers while his house was burnt and as I am talking to you they are bringing more corpses to Kajuru,” he said.

Another source who does not want to be named due to his political exposure confirmed that the casualties were high. He said many houses have been burnt including the two biggest hotels in Kasuwan Magani town.

Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai directed the prosecution of all persons responsible for the mayhem.

The government said security agencies must investigate the incident, arrest and make the perpetrators available for prosecution.

Samuel Aruwan, Governor El-Rufai’s spokesperson, disclosed this in a statement issued in Kaduna, shortly after receiving preliminary report of the mayhem.

Aruwan explained that the government condemns the violence, and regrets the wanton loss of lives. He further disclosed that the government has expressed its sympathy to the victims and their families.

He said the government has directed the State Emergency Management Agency to take inventory of damages and provide relief materials with immediate effect.

Last year, there was a similar incident at Kajuru town with fighting going on for two days.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/7-killed-as-violence-rocks-kaduna-community.html

Re: 7 Killed As Violence Rocks Kaduna Community by Willybos(m): 6:23am On Feb 27, 2018
Ok
Re: 7 Killed As Violence Rocks Kaduna Community by onomeabuja: 6:32am On Feb 27, 2018
I DEY KADUNA RIGHT NW .YESTERDAY NIGHT AS I CROSS OVER TO BUY SOMETING FRM MY HAUSA FRIENDs, OPPS!
EVEN THIER TABLE I NO SEE O [THAT MEANS DEY ZAP FOR THIER SAFTEY O]
NIGERIA WHICH WAY.....WHERE ARE WE HEADING TO WITH ALL THIS SELF HATRED??
Re: 7 Killed As Violence Rocks Kaduna Community by meezynetwork(m): 6:39am On Feb 27, 2018
Nawa
Re: 7 Killed As Violence Rocks Kaduna Community by ewigmee: 6:46am On Feb 27, 2018
When the governor also acts like a thug, who then will fear the law.
Re: 7 Killed As Violence Rocks Kaduna Community by loveth360(f): 6:57am On Feb 27, 2018
am back for the mod that banned me, walai if i no kill me,i go kill me....

Re: 7 Killed As Violence Rocks Kaduna Community by onomeabuja: 7:13am On Feb 27, 2018
grin grin grin
loveth360:

who wan kill u my sister , if i b u, i go just go hold live wire,mayb frm there this MOD go see every reason to dey fear u walahi
Re: 7 Killed As Violence Rocks Kaduna Community by loveth360(f): 7:28am On Feb 27, 2018
onomeabuja:
grin grin grin

who wan kill u my sister , if i b u, i go just go hold live wire,mayb frm there this MOD go see every reason to dey fear u walahi
if i talk the truth they say na hate speech,

why nigerians hate truth?

1 Like

Re: 7 Killed As Violence Rocks Kaduna Community by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 27, 2018
loveth360:
Hahahahaha � �
Re: 7 Killed As Violence Rocks Kaduna Community by eTECTIVe(m): 8:58am On Feb 27, 2018
We all know only on faith forcefully converts Ppl and only ladies at dat. But U dare not convert from their own

(1) (Reply)

Onitsha Will Never Forget The Infamous Derico Nwamama / Woman Narrates How She Was Raped In Airplane Toilet / NEWS Court Fines Man, 35, N250,000 For Defiling Minor In Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.