Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Champions League: UEFA rejects the use of VAR Next Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Champions League: UEFA rejects the use of VAR Next Season (299 Views)

Super League: UEFA Metes Out Punishment To 9 Clubs; Real, Juve, Barca React / AFCON 2019: CAF Takes Final Decision On Use Of VAR / Twitter Users Make Use Of VAR To Make Correct Decisions About Pictures (FUNNY) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Champions League: UEFA rejects the use of VAR Next Season by pweshboi(m): 7:18am On Feb 27, 2018
UEFA president, Aleksander Ceferin, has ruled out using Video Assistant Referees (VAR) in the Champions League and Europa League from next season.

VAR has been trialled in several competitions around the world throughout this season, but Ceferin told the 2018 UEFA Congress that they did not have enough confidence in the system.
“I don’t think they [IFAB] will make it a law but they will allow everybody to test it.

“I think that it will be probably used at the World Cup. We will not use it from the next season in the Champions League. I can tell you that. But I’m absolutely not against it. I think there’s no way back any more. But we have to educate the referees properly.

“Nobody exactly knows how it works, which might be a big problem. So, let’s see what happens at the World Cup and then we will decide.

“We shouldn’t rush into decisions that are not clear. For me, I see a lot of confusion from time to time. But that doesn’t mean that I’m against it or that I don’t think it will happen,” Ceferin said ahead of Saturday’s vote.

Lalasticlala,
Myndd44

Re: Champions League: UEFA rejects the use of VAR Next Season by Ttipsy(f): 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2018
ok

(1) (Reply)

Van Gaal: I Rejected €25m Offer From China / Basketball / Sergio Ramos May Miss UCL Semi-final Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.