Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,561 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption (28776 Views)

Yahaya Bello Wins Okene Local Government With Very Large Margin - Premium Times / How PDP's Peter Obi Won The Debate Against Osinbajo with Facts / Yorubas Destabilizing Buhari's Government With FFK And Fayose ...Arewa Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by Bizibi(m): 3:15pm On Feb 27, 2018
Sirjamo:
If corruption is getting worse, how come our foreign reserves are increasing everyday and massive infrastructural development is going on in all the regions despite low revenue. It doesn't make any sense, what about the over 500 billion naira bailout and and Paris club refund? In short, fvck TI and it wailing supporters
massive wetin?

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by artemismay: 3:22pm On Feb 27, 2018
So they even approximated for us. Chai Naija is finished

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by holybabayo(m): 3:25pm On Feb 27, 2018
WHAT I EXPECT THIS GOVT TO DO IS TO INCREASE THEIR FIGHTS AGAINST CORRUPTION. LAST YEAR TI RATING WAS GOOD, THEY SHOUTED AND CELEBRATED IT; THIS YEAR, TI IS BAD AND WE ARE PLAYING SCEPTICAL CARDS. WE NEED JESUS CHRIST.
Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by kernel504(m): 4:14pm On Feb 27, 2018
Sirjamo:
So you were not in Nigeria when Buhari gave bailouts to States, CBN announced that our foreign reserves stand at 42 billion dollars_up from just 23 billion in 2015, right now, I work for a construction firm handling one of the federal roads and we never had it so good in terms of release of funds since the project began ten years ago. I can go on and on so I do not need any international organization to tell me what's going on in my country, I am not saying corruption has been eliminated, but to say that it's getting worse is absolute trash

He told us he met empty treasury, so how come you're saying 23 billion dollars? Paris club refund has nothing to do with him at all, in fact immediately he came was when the money was refund ed it wasn't his work, just like Train and TSA he commissioned it has nothing to do with him.

3 Likes

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by ocelot2006(m): 4:22pm On Feb 27, 2018
Vindicated. Even "corrupt" GEJ performed FAR BETTER than that incompetent Daura Buffoon called Buhari. Nigerians were warned.

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by ocelot2006(m): 4:23pm On Feb 27, 2018
Sirjamo:
If corruption is getting worse, how come our foreign reserves are increasing everyday and massive infrastructural development is going on in all the regions despite low revenue. It doesn't make any sense, what about the over 500 billion naira bailout and and Paris club refund? In short, fvck TI and it wailing supporters

Please what "massive" infrastructural development?

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by kutedres(m): 4:45pm On Feb 27, 2018
Sirjamo:
So you were not in Nigeria when Buhari gave bailouts to States, CBN announced that our foreign reserves stand at 42 billion dollars_up from just 23 billion in 2015, right now, I work for a construction firm handling one of the federal roads and we never had it so good in terms of release of funds since the project began ten years ago. I can go on and on so I do not need any international organization to tell me what's going on in my country, I am not saying corruption has been eliminated, but to say that it's getting worse is absolute trash

Oga, if u are good with statistics u would know that the exchange rate of dollars @ about between $1/N150-N200 in 2015 when u divide it with the current rate of N330-N335/$1.......u will never rejoice that our foreign reserve had shoot up to 42Billion Dollars.
Try to use ur brain before polithiefchian starts controlling it for u. What were the prices of things in 2015 and now? What impact does the 42B makes in the economy?

2 Likes

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by Tecno66: 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2018
The score is low because they discovered that those who have sympathy for the ruling party are being shielded.
chuksjuve:
Propaganda can take win elections for you, but proper agenda is what will sustain you..

Apc is an example of mistake in government ..

They keep exposing their flaws in large scale media, now they have taken it international ..

meanwhile

Contact us for your landscape and gardening service ..

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by dangermouse(m): 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2018
buchilino:

UR NAME REMINDS ME OF SOMEONE I USE TO WATCH IN THE 80s.
grin grin grin
Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by Sirjamo: 5:35pm On Feb 27, 2018
kutedres:

Oga, if u are good with statistics u would know that the exchange rate of dollars @ about between $1/N150-N200 in 2015 when u divide it with the current rate of N330-N335/$1.......u will never rejoice that our foreign reserve had shoot up to 42Billion Dollars.
Try to use ur brain before polithiefchian starts controlling it for u. What were the prices of things in 2015 and now? What impact does the 42B makes in the economy?
You that's the statistician general of Nigerian, your Einstein like brain did not tell you that the price of oil as at then was almost double what it is now and so raising FR so much is administrative ingenuity.
Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by Sirjamo: 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
kernel504:

He told us he met empty treasury, so how come you're saying 23 billion dollars? Paris club refund has nothing to do with him at all, in fact immediately he came was when the money was refund ed it wasn't his work, just like Train and TSA he commissioned it has nothing to do with him.
23 billion in a nation of 200 million people is practically nothing, you people always claim Jonathan had finish rail and TSA, so why didn't he commission and implement it before he was defeated?
Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by Sirjamo: 5:47pm On Feb 27, 2018
ocelot2006:

Please what "massive" infrastructural development?
Lagos- Ibadan road and rail, Enugu - port Harcourt road, Kano- Maiduguri road, second Niger bridge Improve power, Bodo- Kana road, Ogoni clean up
Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by banio: 6:01pm On Feb 27, 2018
Nigerian is very corrupt. I concur

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by Bobby808: 6:09pm On Feb 27, 2018
Sirjamo:
die hard Islamist who will ever remain irrepentant. No problem, it is in ypur blood. Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by Litmus: 6:16pm On Feb 27, 2018
I'm a rank novice when it comes to this sort of thing and would appreciate someone knowledgable explaining further. For instance, the article states that Transparency derived its figures from these nine sources: World Bank, African Development Bank, The Economic Intelligence Unit of the Economist, World Economic Forum, World Justice Project, V-Dem Institute, the PRS Group, Bertelsmann Transformation index and Global Risk Insight.

What figures does Transparency look at from these sources and how are these figures derived by the sources (where are the figures)? Only a few sources need be used for illustrative purposes, thank you. I've followed links but cant seem to find core facts.
Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by Bobby808: 6:26pm On Feb 27, 2018
Sirjamo:
You apc people will never change for better. We are wise now. Any defence without proof will never be accepted. That time don pass. Stand there and continue to tocount achievements without proof. You people think this is last two years where you and the likes of Lai Mohammed deceived us we trusted you and voted that holo block brain president abi?

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by dele69: 6:51pm On Feb 27, 2018
CONGRAT TO ALL OUR SUBSCRIBERS..HERE IS ANOTHER SURE ODD. BET TO A MAN OF YOURSELF..BET9JA BOOKING CODE?
TODAY FIXED MATCH BOOKING CODE IS AT YOUR DOOR
STEP"PLS STAKE HIGHER"
DONT MISS OUT THIS OPPORTUNITY.. WINNING IS GUARANTEED
CALL OR WHATSAPP FOR TODAY GAME

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by walezy14(m): 9:07pm On Feb 27, 2018
falsehood! obj and the likes should keep mute. PDP propagated corruption in Nigeria and should bury their head in shame.
Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by lereinter(m): 9:16pm On Feb 27, 2018
what does the cow know about TI
Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by thunderbabs: 9:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
Buhari should accept his corruption status graciously, plz. I dey beg am
Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by kernel504(m): 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2018
Sirjamo:
23 billion in a nation of 200 million people is practically nothing, you people always claim Jonathan had finish rail and TSA, so why didn't he commission and implement it before he was defeated?

What's 40 billion dollars in a population of 200 million people? A wise man wouldn't commission a project if it's not 100% done, despite the TSA being 90% done, he doesn't need to rush the implemention.

Wait oo oh! So, $23 billion isn't a figure to mention, but $40 billion is? What makes you think I should believe a government that told us they met nothing only to suddenly say they $23 billions, against the odd of nothing.

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by cytell56: 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2018
Sirjamo:

You go school at all? What is the correlation between corruption and increase in foreign reserve. They can manipulate records locally, but not international indices.

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by Sirjamo: 11:01pm On Feb 27, 2018
cytell56:

You go school at all? What is the correlation between corruption and increase in foreign reserve. They can manipulate records locally, but not international indices.
Mr Prof, na biscuit Dasuki, Diezani and co steal abi, if monies are being stolen like before, will it be possible to grow reserves despite low revenue?
Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by naijaking1: 11:08pm On Feb 27, 2018
Why do we need TI to tell us that there are more police check points extorting money from motorists today than during GEJ rule, we all know that!
Next we need to ask TI if Fulani hersdmen are killing more innocent Nigerians today that 2015?

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by Cjrane2: 11:12pm On Feb 27, 2018
Buhari is presiding over the biggest robbery of Nigeria,s wealth by very evil people. Yet, he won't say anything because he wants them to support him for a second term.

Corruption and stealing in Nigeria today is mind boggling

2 Likes

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by buhariguy(m): 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2018
crestedaguiyi:
this one na im them dey call F9 parallel
and your ineffectual buffoon score 28/100 and that is not f9 horizontally
Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by ocelot2006(m): 11:48pm On Feb 27, 2018
Sirjamo:
Lagos- Ibadan road and rail, Enugu - port Harcourt road, Kano- Maiduguri road, second Niger bridge Improve power, Bodo- Kana road, Ogoni clean up

Hahaha!! Bros, what Ogoni clean up?? An initiative that ended day after VP Osibanjo launched it? Bros, NOTHING HAS HAPPENED AT OGONI!

BTW, where's the improved power? In the same power grid that crashed about a week ago or so to 0MW. In my location, we had ZERO POWER SUPPLY for ONE FULL MONTH. For the month of February we've had power for only 4 times till date. Yet our facility has its own dedicated step down transformer and so far we've spent over N1million PER MONTH running our generators. That's way over the N500k mark during the previous administration.

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by toye440: 1:40am On Feb 28, 2018
TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL r corrupt if not y cant we come first positionn wen snakes r swallowing dollars and monkeys carting away our money to by banana in d market.
Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by seniwellsFX: 2:41am On Feb 28, 2018
ajawara:

Please support your point with evidence and reliable source with international renowned financial institutions OR stop spreading falsehood.
haha..no mind that donkey. Him think say Na sabogari traders dey nairaland way him go tell out hand for fire them go obey. Smelling almari clown. I am not sure he or she even understood the post put up by he or she. E dey shout foreign reserve rising like say e know waiting e be.lol. the poster must be related to daddy Lai Mohamed. "Massive infrastructural development" going on way Na only dem dey see. Clowns

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by seniwellsFX: 2:47am On Feb 28, 2018
Sirjamo:
come this boy or man or woman. Why can't you just use your common sense for once. Foreign reserve rising from 23-42billion and we are constantly looking for external funds to fund our budget on yearly basis? Foreign reserve rising and we are always issuing bond sales so as to raise funds for capital expenditures and funding of other govt projects. My brother,my sister e go take u ling time before u go understand

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by seniwellsFX: 3:03am On Feb 28, 2018
Sirjamo:
taahhhh shut up there. Which ogini clean. I for blow that disfigured face of urs if say u dey close to me. Ogini clean up was just a political gimmick to score points. Nothing is going in in ogini land since osibanjo went there to commit the sin of lying and deception. Free urself from zombiesm

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Hits Nigerian Government With Facts On Corruption by Tonason: 6:52am On Feb 28, 2018
Solomonudofia:

These figures show something is really wrong with anti-graft campaign in Nigeria.

Transparency International (TI) has released all facts to defend its ratings and assertion that corruption is getting worse in Nigeria.
In a tweet thread, the global corruption watchdog explained that 9 sources were used to arrive at Nigeria's score of 27/100 in the Corruption Perception Index 2017. This score puts the country as the 148 most corruption of 180 countries surveyed across the globe (a 12 place drop from 2016 ranking).

All the sources rated Nigeria low in the year under review. This, thus, affected the final rating of the country in 2017 by TI.

These nine sources are World Bank, African Development Bank, The Economic Intelligence Unit of the Economist, World Economic Forum, World Justice Project, V-Dem Institute, the PRS Group, Bertelsmann Transformation index and Global Risk Insight.

However, the Nigerian government said 2017 CPI contracts obtainable facts as regards anti-corruption drive of the country. The report was summarily called a mere fiction and political distraction.

“Anybody who knows where Nigeria was coming from would not believe that corruption is worse under the Buhari administration.

“We wonder where they got their facts from. At a time, they are alleging increase in the incidence of corruption under this government, the whole of Africa is applauding by choosing President Buhari as the continental Champion to lead the fight against it. Nothing can be more eloquent than this.

“In the end, this whole episode may turn out to be just a political distraction, given the strong views some of TI’s patrons have expressed against the Buhari administration.

“This notwithstanding, facts are facts, and those facts won’t cease to be facts even if you don’t care to pay attention to them,” the statement said.

source : http://www.clintgist.com/transparency-international-hits-nigerian-government-with-facts-on-corruption/

https://mobile.twitter.com/transparencITng/status/968181381699432448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.clintgist.com%2Ftransparency-international-hits-nigerian-government-with-facts-on-corruption%2F

For example African Development Bank is managed by a Nigerian, this government is the most corrupt regime I have ever seen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Nigerian Political Class And Their Foreign Counterparts / Reuben Abati’s Tweet Over Dana Air Crash Stirs Anger / Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.