Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,124 members, 7,838,860 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

He Wants To Quit School And Face His Business, Is It Right?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Wants To Quit School And Face His Business, Is It Right?? (520 Views)

Advise, My Father Sold His House And Moved To The Village Now He Wants To Leave / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / Imo Man Disowns His Son In Newspaper For Trying To Take Over His Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He Wants To Quit School And Face His Business, Is It Right?? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2018
Please l urgently need your advice

My younger brother called me now from school,complaining bitterly, that he wants to quit school and face his tailoring business,male wears especially,which has been fetching him a lot of money, because he is so good in it,that its hard to differentiate his works from foreign wears and he has even trained people in that line.
He is the only one in my family that is yet to attend university before now. It bothered my mum a lot,because she didn't want him to be the only one who didn't attend university among us. He tried gaining admission 3times but failed ,until my elder brother applied for a distant education program (CUP)from Michael okpara university for him.
He got admitted ending of last year, they have their lectures during weekends,which enables him to combine his business and school work.
Now,the problem is that he called me now complaining that
he spents a lot of money on transport and welfare every weekend,the school is far from home ,
the lecturers neglects them,
he is the only young person in his dept,
he is not feeling the school at all,
he is not meeting up with the demands of his customers, they are too much that he ends up disappointing them,even though he has boys that work for him.
when he went for their examination which started today,they were only 3 in number.He was so disappointed and discouraged to continue .
Please,l need your advice, should he quit schooling and face his business, then later in life,apply for advanced training in tailoring line or continue with school no matter what?
Re: He Wants To Quit School And Face His Business, Is It Right?? by AnodaIT(m): 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2018
He should attend a Polytechnic and get his Diploma within 2 years then work hard, sponsor his brother to university

Any further education, he should make money so that his son would go to the highest education he can

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit School And Face His Business, Is It Right?? by Niyeal(m): 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2018
I will this post later

(1) (Reply)

Is It Ok To Snoop Or Go Through Your Spouse Mobile Phone/email?? / Children's Day Greeting / Unexpected Pregnancy??!! What Do You Do?..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.