Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,365 members, 7,868,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:03 AM

>>Do You Know This Country?>> - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / >>Do You Know This Country?>> (362 Views)

Nigerians Have Zero Clue What Is Happening In This Country / Whoever Arrange This Can Make This Country Work (pix) / I Foresee Military Intervention In This Country! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

>>Do You Know This Country?>> by ogagun1: 6:36pm On Feb 27, 2018
I know a country where the United Nations Children Emergency Fund (UNICEF) has specified that this country, has 70.8% of her citizen living on less than $1 a day and 92.4% live on less than $2 a day with an exchange rate of about 360 of her currency to a dollar. In this country, are sachet water hawkers popularly called pure water in local parlance who make just 30 - 50 on a bag depending on the temperature at the place where they source it. If they sell 10bags in a day, they have got reasons to roll out the drums, what about the cobbler who results to begging by evening because he didn’t make any earning after trekking for hours or the worker despite the certificate whose take home only takes him few kilometres to his house. A visit to most of this country’s market show more of the statistics, there are people whose total worth of goods is not more than 1000, profit inclusive.

I know a country where the monkeys and snakes are richer than the citizens. A place where you can categorically boast that a monkey in Kaduna, a city in Northern Nigeria is worth more than 70 million in local currency even if the same monkey in Afi Mountain Reserve of Cross River State is not worth more than a bunch of banana. A place where a snake in Benue is worth about 36 million in local currency which is not at parity with snakes in Adamawa, whom farmers are pleading with to let them farm successfully without danger. If a dollar was given to each citizen, a Kaduna monkey will gladly give 194,444 citizens and the snake 100,000 persons. If the two animals combine their alleged wealth and give citizens, UNICEF will alter her figures at least for one day for sake of 294,444 citizens. Only God knows the numbers of animals in those categories.

I know a country, in whose territory, I grew up in a small town and in agricultural classes, I was taught that barns were for preservation and storage of yams and silos for the preservation and storage of grains. In the country I know, farms are not barns to yams nor silos to grains but barns are now static currency bullion carriers and silos now shinning dollar strong rooms. Since 2015 when the country in question changed the government, stories have flooded the media of how people particularly politicians and retired military personnel have turned farms into pseudo central banks. It is even alleged that some farms no longer need Ntongue:K fertilizer or organic manures as some of this currency have decayed and are now serving as the source of nourishment to plants at the expense of the citizens and taxpayers, crops now freely exchange the decayed notes for the nutrient in the soil market.

Do you know this country, feel free to add yours if you do...

cc OAM4J Mynd44
Kindly move to front page
Re: >>Do You Know This Country?>> by Lipscomb(m): 6:45pm On Feb 27, 2018
I think you are victim .
Re: >>Do You Know This Country?>> by ogagun1: 9:25pm On Feb 27, 2018
Lipscomb:
I think you are victim .
lol

(1) (Reply)

Ogun 2019: Think A Better Life, Think Gni / Dino Melaye Spotted Taking Notes / Jus. Chikere Stops Reps From Conducting Hearing On Law School Hijab Controversy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.