Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,287 members, 7,846,315 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Kwara Assembly Suspends Pension For Working Ex-govs, Deputies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara Assembly Suspends Pension For Working Ex-govs, Deputies (492 Views)

Imo Assembly Stops Pension For Ex-Governors And Speakers, With The Law / States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List / Kwara Assembly Revokes Alimi Chalet Acquired By Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara Assembly Suspends Pension For Working Ex-govs, Deputies by Daviddson(m): 9:30am On Feb 28, 2018
The Kwara State House of Assembly, yesterday, passed into law a bill to suspend payment of pension to former governors and deputy governors during any period they hold political or public office.
The passage of the bill was sequel to a report earlier presented by the Chairman, House Committee on Establishment and Public Service, Emmanuel Folorunsho Abodunrin.

The Deputy Speaker, Elder Matthew Okedare, who presided over yesterday’s sitting, praised members for ensuring prompt passage of the bill which was sponsored by the Member representing Omupo Constituency, Mashood Bakare, and directed the Clerk of the House, Alhaji Ahmed Katsina Mohammed, to prepare a clean copy for the governor’s assent.
Under the amended law, former governors and deputy governors will cease to enjoy pension whenever they hold a political or public office.
However, the law will not be applicable where the person does not receive any remuneration on account of holding such office.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/kwara-assembly-suspends-pension-for-working-ex-govs-deputies.html#

1 Like

Re: Kwara Assembly Suspends Pension For Working Ex-govs, Deputies by Daviddson(m): 9:37am On Feb 28, 2018
It seems Kwara is beginning to wean itself off from the stranglehold of the Saraki dynasty. This law seem to be targeted at her, it's clear to the blind.
No more double salary for Saraki.
Lalasticlala, your attention is needed.
Re: Kwara Assembly Suspends Pension For Working Ex-govs, Deputies by Omololu2121: 9:42am On Feb 28, 2018
Will the governor sign the bill into law?

Let's wait and see
Re: Kwara Assembly Suspends Pension For Working Ex-govs, Deputies by AirFireEarthH20: 9:44am On Feb 28, 2018
Daviddson:
It seems Kwara is beginning to wean itself off from the stranglehold of the Saraki dynasty. This law seem to be targeted at her, it's clear to the blind.

Fashola is also earning double salary, what is your take on that? Waiting for your reply
Re: Kwara Assembly Suspends Pension For Working Ex-govs, Deputies by Daviddson(m): 9:58am On Feb 28, 2018
AirFireEarthH20:

Fashola is also earning double salary, what is your take on that? Waiting for your reply
Anyway I don't know if Lagos state has a similar law, but if they have, I hope they amend it too. But we know Saraki compelled his state legislature to pass the law in order to continue to have a sense of belonging and relevance in Kwara. And we know Fashola is not a godfather like Saraki is. This is just the beginning for Saraki. His charm are beginning to fade off the people of Kwara.
Re: Kwara Assembly Suspends Pension For Working Ex-govs, Deputies by Perfecttouch(m): 9:59am On Feb 28, 2018
Daviddson:
thats saraki handwork he is doing this for whatever stunt he wish to pull come next year.
THE fatai i know will never dare the SARAKI i know
Re: Kwara Assembly Suspends Pension For Working Ex-govs, Deputies by Bakynes24: 10:00am On Feb 28, 2018
They are only using this news as a camoflauge, it was when Saraki's false asset declaration was exposed, the issue that he was still receiving Pension was also exposed. They are only trying to deceive the public, that doesn't stop him from getting large chunk of Kwara state funds.
Re: Kwara Assembly Suspends Pension For Working Ex-govs, Deputies by AirFireEarthH20: 10:10am On Feb 28, 2018
Daviddson:
Anyway I don't know if Lagos state has a similar law, but if they have, I hope they amend it too. But we know Saraki compelled his state legislature to pass the law in order to continue to have a sense of belonging and relevance in Kwara. And we know Fashola is not a godfather like Saraki is. This is just the beginning for Saraki. His charm are beginning to fade off the people of Kwara.

You're saying you don't know? By the way, the total package for ex-governor in Lagos is like ten times what Kwara is paying. I don't know Saraki, I don't know Fashola.

The reason why this country will likely not move forward faster is people like you who sees a criminal in his house, praise him but calls on the the criminal outside to be killed. You all will be judged. I rest my case
Re: Kwara Assembly Suspends Pension For Working Ex-govs, Deputies by Daviddson(m): 10:17am On Feb 28, 2018
I'll have ignored you, but you'll easily conclude you got me locked down. Do I sound like someone who's supporting any of the two?
AirFireEarthH20:

You're shameless for what you just said. Your time of reckoning is coming soonest...you'll be free except and unless the almighty creator accepts double-standard
Wish I'd never answered your question. Have a good day.
Re: Kwara Assembly Suspends Pension For Working Ex-govs, Deputies by AirFireEarthH20: 10:24am On Feb 28, 2018
Daviddson:
I'll have ignored you, but you'll easily conclude you got me locked down. Do I sound like someone who's supporting any of the two? Can you in anyway compare Saraki and Fashola? Does the latter have a say in how Ambode run Lagos unlike the former who calls the shot in Kwara and has subjected its indigènes to penury and servitude? Must you guys always bring comparison in every case?

You're shameless for what you just said. Your time of reckoning is coming soonest...you'll be free except and unless the almighty creator accepts double-standard

I won't reply you again

(1) (Reply)

Intriguing Facts You Never Knew About Pastor Adeboye / Former President Goodluck Jonathan Gets New Appointment / ‘ghost’ Sues Anambra Monarch Over Traditional Stool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.