Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

What Part Of ICT Should I Focus On? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Part Of ICT Should I Focus On? (439 Views)

Small Businesses Fail Because They Focus On Their Products / Facebook Announces Focus Areas For 2018, Users To See Less Public Content / Is It Advisable To Create A Blog With Focus On Many Topics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Part Of ICT Should I Focus On? by bbdiamond: 2:11pm On Feb 28, 2018
I know a lot of threads have been published about different sectors of the Tech Industry; such as the Web development, App development and what skills to use for them.

I am a student, and basically we are taught just the theoretical aspect of Computer Science and we are left to do the practicals ourselves. I basically do not even know what is happening in the outside world, so how am I supposed to know what problem I should prepare to solve for people.

I have knowledge of HTML, CSS, Python and Basic c++. I recently learnt that software developers are rarely utilized in Nigeria, unlike App developers and web developers. I am totally confused, and I need help.

What is actually going on in the tech sector?
Re: What Part Of ICT Should I Focus On? by mcqwerty(m): 6:11pm On Mar 02, 2018
You might want to focus on a career on web development. You can always veer into other aspects and learn about the industry when you get in.

You already know the required skills for web design so you need to work on being better to be employable.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Domains And Ssl Certificates / Closed - Out of date / Get Your Online Banking Website Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.