Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:22 PM

Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests (14117 Views)

103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara / Obituary Of Seven Wedding Guests Who Died In Delta Auto Crash (Photo) / Dana Air Emerges Nigerian Airline Of The Year, Partners Zowasel For Guests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by Opinionated: 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2018

Travelers expect quite a bit from the hotel experience. Not only is it important to have a comfortable place to sleep, amenities such as ice, hair dryers, irons, and breakfast are expected as well. This said, there are some things guests are expected to do when they stay in a hotel. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency highlights hotel etiquettes for guests.

Tip smartly

There is a lot of staff at a hotel and it can be very confusing as to know who needs to be tipped and who doesn’t. Anyone who works at the main desk does not need to be tipped for their services. However, if the hotel has a concierge desk and you utilized their services during your stay, you can offer a tip.

Arrange your dirty clothes before housekeeping arrives

The housekeeping staff keeps the rooms clean for the guests, but there are certain things that guests should do prior to housekeeping entering the room. Guests should pile all their dirty towels into one pile, preferably in the bathtub, so that housekeeping can easily see what needs to be removed and replaced. All trash should be placed in a garbage can for easy removal as well.

Do not enter a restaurant with your bathrobe

Some hotels offer continental breakfasts or even full breakfasts for their guests, which is a wonderful way to save money when you travel. However, guests need to follow some guidelines. When a guest goes down for breakfast, they should be dressed for their day. No one should ever enter the breakfast room pyjamas or bathrobe. Guests should take the food that they will be eating for breakfast but don’t take additional food with you for the rest of the day.

Be a gracious guest

Just because you are paying to stay at the hotel does not mean you have to make demands. Unless your room is dirty, untidy or unsuitable for your needs being a gracious guest means you can enjoy your break without getting stressed. If you ask for room service or additional pillows etc. do allow staff sufficient time to fulfil your request before making further demands.

Departure

Most hotels make checkout quite easy notwithstanding if you booked the room online or at the hotel. As long as a guest does not see any discrepancies on the bill and doesn’t have any issues that they need to discuss with the front desk, most hotels allow them to leave their hotel keys inside their room and leave.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/simple-hotel-etiquettes-guests/

6 Likes

Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by chuksjuve(m): 5:13pm On Feb 28, 2018
FTC grin

All I can say is when you get to Rome, behave like The Romans grin

Contact us for your Beautifications , Gardening and Horticulture projects

The hustle for FTC paid off

Biko make una appreciate me grin

6 Likes

Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by Blogsphere: 5:13pm On Feb 28, 2018
a
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by andrewozed: 5:14pm On Feb 28, 2018
Oh yeah
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by afbstrategies: 5:14pm On Feb 28, 2018
ok
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by Didi2d(m): 5:14pm On Feb 28, 2018
Opinionated:

Travelers expect quite a bit from the hotel experience. Not only is it important to have a comfortable place to sleep, amenities such as ice, hair dryers, irons, and breakfast are expected as well. This said, there are some things guests are expected to do when they stay in a hotel. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency highlights hotel etiquettes for guests.

Tip smartly

There is a lot of staff at a hotel and it can be very confusing as to know who needs to be tipped and who doesn’t. Anyone who works at the main desk does not need to be tipped for their services. However, if the hotel has a concierge desk and you utilized their services during your stay, you can offer a tip.

Arrange your dirty clothes before housekeeping arrives

The housekeeping staff keeps the rooms clean for the guests, but there are certain things that guests should do prior to housekeeping entering the room. Guests should pile all their dirty towels into one pile, preferably in the bathtub, so that housekeeping can easily see what needs to be removed and replaced. All trash should be placed in a garbage can for easy removal as well.

Do not enter a restaurant with your bathrobe

Some hotels offer continental breakfasts or even full breakfasts for their guests, which is a wonderful way to save money when you travel. However, guests need to follow some guidelines. When a guest goes down for breakfast, they should be dressed for their day. No one should ever enter the breakfast room pyjamas or bathrobe. Guests should take the food that they will be eating for breakfast but don’t take additional food with you for the rest of the day.

Be a gracious guest

Just because you are paying to stay at the hotel does not mean you have to make demands. Unless your room is dirty, untidy or unsuitable for your needs being a gracious guest means you can enjoy your break without getting stressed. If you ask for room service or additional pillows etc. do allow staff sufficient time to fulfil your request before making further demands.

Departure

Most hotels make checkout quite easy notwithstanding if you booked the room online or at the hotel. As long as a guest does not see any discrepancies on the bill and doesn’t have any issues that they need to discuss with the front desk, most hotels allow them to leave their hotel keys inside their room and leave.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/simple-hotel-etiquettes-guests/

Nice one
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by room089: 5:14pm On Feb 28, 2018
Thanks
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by SIMPLYkush: 5:15pm On Feb 28, 2018
fucck the receptionist if she's sexy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by Finest6: 5:15pm On Feb 28, 2018
Good one
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by Didi2d(m): 5:15pm On Feb 28, 2018
Una fast o
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by iWasNotHere(m): 5:15pm On Feb 28, 2018
Tip everyone that attended to you at the hotel, no matter how little it is they'll remember you for good
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mostly copy and paste stuff, op should have brought it down to naija levels. As a frequent guest at hotels due to my travels I have learnt some things about naija hoteliers:
> You don't need to tip anyone, seriously, your room payment may just end up in the pocket of the hoteliers, esp if you check in past 8pm when the manager is gone. If you must tip, then it should be the security man or the chef esp if the meal is tasty.
> Travel with your insecticide, for you would have a sleepless night due to mosquitoes. Don't bother requesting for the hotel's insecticide, more often than not, the 3 & 4 star hotels would use otapiapia or herbicides which would render the room un useable for the night due to the pungent smell.
> As a rule, DO NOT USE HOTEL TOWELS IF YOU'RE NOT SURE OF THEIR LAUNDRY AND DISINFECTANT PROTOCOL

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by anochuko01(m): 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2018
no thief anything

no dey make noise especially when busy with bae or boo

1 Like

Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 28, 2018
all because u wan blog, senseless article. do as u like na ur money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by miniziter(m): 5:17pm On Feb 28, 2018
Explain point 1
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by alphaconde(m): 5:17pm On Feb 28, 2018
make sure u carry the tissue and soap they gave u plus the towel u already paid for them

7 Likes 1 Share

SIMPLYkush:
Classless
wink

1 Like

Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2018
Good thread...... Thumbs up OP.
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 28, 2018
alphaconde:
make sure u carry the tissue and soap they gave u plus the towel u already paid for them
Lol, you mean that 30naira tissue that wee turn to paper mache when water touches it, or the soap that would be exhausted with a bath. Baba leave their tin for them jor, I always travel with my toiletries and towel

7 Likes

Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by dhamstar(m): 5:19pm On Feb 28, 2018
Good piece!
Thumps up!
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by bokunrawo(m): 5:20pm On Feb 28, 2018
As I never travel go any better hotel in my life nko

3 Likes

Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by dhamstar(m): 5:21pm On Feb 28, 2018
SIMPLYkush:

oh lawd!!

1 Like

Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by henchamb(m): 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2018
Remember to download all the downloadables with their Wi-Fi. That's my best part.
As for tipping, if I don't see a tipping box I don't tip.
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by DollarAngel(m): 6:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
Na that free Wi-Fi dey burst my brain
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by Kaysurplus: 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2018
alphaconde:

Lol, we know your types, "brush and parkers" naija poverty mentality. you paid for a night or two doesn't warrants you taking the whole of the hotel with you when leaving. How do you expect the hotel to sustain it's business and serve other incoming guests when guests like you checkout with all the hotels amenities including towels.??

2 Likes

Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by alezzy13: 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2018
No mind am. It part of the reason most hotels require you to place a deposit, usually 1-2k, b4 checking, which you'll receive while checking out, after they've verified nothing missing.

Kaysurplus:

Lol, we know your types, "brush and parkers" naija poverty mentality. you paid for a night or two doesn't warrants you taking the whole of the hotel with you when leaving. How do you expect the hotel to sustain it's business and serve other incoming guests when guests like you checkout with all the hotels amenities including towels.??
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by alezzy13: 6:38pm On Feb 28, 2018
BTW, do we tip in Naija??
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by alphaconde(m): 7:31pm On Feb 28, 2018
Kaysurplus:

u no de know when person de joke
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by olisehcom(f): 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2018
Re: Simple Hotel Etiquettes For Guests by DonroxyII: 10:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
EsotericMonk:
Mostly copy and paste stuff, op should have brought it down to naija levels. As a frequent guest at hotels due to my travels I have learnt some things about naija hoteliers:
> You don't need to tip anyone, seriously, your room payment may just end up in the pocket of the hoteliers, esp if you check in past 8pm when the manager is gone. If you must tip, then it should be the security man or the chef esp if the meal is tasty.
> Travel with your insecticide, for you would have a sleepless night due to mosquitoes. Don't bother requesting for the hotel's insecticide, more often than not, the 3 & 4 star hotels would use otapiapia or herbicides which would render the room un useable for the night due to the pungent smell.
> As a rule, DO NOT USE HOTEL TOWELS OF YOU'RE NOT SURE IF THEIR LAUNDRY AND DISINFECTANT PROTOCOL
I used one hotel towel like that, my body started hitching me no be small, I dey scratch up n down .... gat to bath again with dettol ooo Na after then I get peace ..... Hotel towel tufia, even if say Na 10stars Hotel

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accident At Ojuwo-olijo In Kogi, Car Burnt (Photos) / Nigerians Can Now Obtain UAE Visas — Minister, Mohammed Idris / Pastor, Five Others Die In New Year's Eve Boat Accident In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.