Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location (4485 Views)

New Locked Chats In Whatsapp Make Your Conversations More Private / WhatsApp Allows You To ‘Put Words In People’s Mouth’ In New Feature / Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by ariesbull: 6:57am On Mar 01, 2018
WhatsApp the global chat and messaging platform seems to be working on a new feature that would allow users to track their contacts in real time. The CEO of Facebook (the new owners of Whatsapp) announced that ‘last seen’ on Whatsapp will now include the person’s GPS location.

https://etimes.com.ng/whatsapp-include-peoples-gps-location-security-purposes/
Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by Samusu(m): 7:00am On Mar 01, 2018
OK o. Noted. Make them come on my location status my force na

16 Likes

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 01, 2018
undecided

Does it work in mars
Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by Veemah(m): 7:24am On Mar 01, 2018
Invading people's privacy is not a very good idea at all.

11 Likes

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by adeniyisamuel59(m): 7:33am On Mar 01, 2018
This may not be welcome by me, have they consider the security implications of such innovation?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by Ahmed0336(m): 8:34am On Mar 01, 2018
Lol, shebi dey ll track my location when i switch on my data? Oya now......
Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by dominique(f): 8:36am On Mar 01, 2018
It will only work if you switch on your phone's location software. How else will whatsapp detect your exact location if the software is switched off?

6 Likes

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by 9jaBloke: 8:37am On Mar 01, 2018
Swings both ways. Trust the western world at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by saintjimos(m): 9:25am On Mar 01, 2018
I can still off my Location

that doesn't change a thing just like Facebook
Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by MistadeRegal(m): 9:38am On Mar 01, 2018
New World Order loading...
No privacy.
No hiding place.
And someone will say the world is not going to an end...

And also Mods please do something about this annoying gateway error.

1 Like

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by Ay04z(m): 9:58am On Mar 01, 2018
i go still hide am
Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by wisino1(m): 10:31am On Mar 01, 2018
Do you know that there are some app that switch on your location automatically anytime you want to use them or ask you to switch it on your self and if you don't switch it on the app doesn't come on.......what if the new update is like that

2 Likes

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by overonty(f): 11:01am On Mar 01, 2018
The last seen on WhatsApp can be turned off.... Howbeit location that is attached to it

1 Like

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by encryptjay(m): 11:19am On Mar 01, 2018
Na by force? Last last, I go off location. They should focus on bringing better features.

2 Likes

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by jaicey(f): 12:06pm On Mar 01, 2018
last seen can be turned off.

1 Like

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2018
dominique:
It will only work if you switch on your phone's location software. How else will whatsapp detect your exact location if the software is switched off?
You never see something turn off location from your device settings and then log into google.com. your browser will still tell you your exaxt location based on your phone's ip address. Pretty annoying i tell you..

1 Like

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by Simeony007(m): 12:17pm On Mar 01, 2018
With gb whatsapp by Omer you can turn off any rubbish or disable any shi't believe that?
Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by 8stargeneral: 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2018
Then time to call wasp a quit,wht a nonsense...no other features to invent baa

1 Like

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by RSVP: 1:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
You can still always spoof your location.

No big deal.

1 Like

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by giftedheart1(m): 2:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
whatsapp, is turning to a village setting gradually....
every monitoring spirit..holy ghost fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2 Likes

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by adekhingz(m): 2:16pm On Mar 01, 2018
I'm feeling for my friend who was born on 29th of February. So, he will wish everyone else Happy birthday this year. No one will tell him so. Or should i just send him "happy birthday", taking 1st of March as his 29th February??

1 Like

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
Your wrong,
If you have a rooted android you can mock or spoof your location.
So assuming i spoof my location to be in SA, whole device app will assume that's where am located including WhatsApp.
Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by Premiumwriter: 3:00pm On Mar 01, 2018
fidalgo19:
Your wrong,
If you have a rooted android you can mock or spoof your location.
So assuming i spoof my location to be in SA, whole device app will assume that's where am located including WhatsApp.
correct guy. Even without root, a good VPN will still deceive your apps since all the apps rely on the system location

1 Like

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by ikbnice(m): 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2018
dumo1:

You never see something turn off location from your device settings and then log into google.com. your browser will still tell you your exaxt location based on your phone's ip address. Pretty annoying i tell you..
I bet you never heard of GPS location spoofer or mock location before. As dem dey create am someone else go dey think outta the box. Remember when they created status that cannot be saved, people developed status saver apps. #Lobatan
Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by ikbnice(m): 5:49pm On Mar 01, 2018
Premiumwriter:
correct guy. Even without root, a good VPN will still deceive your apps since all the apps rely on the system location
some they by pass VPN but just combine GPS spoofer with VPN and you are good to go. I love spoofers as you can even enter the longitude and latitude of the exact location you wish to be. Teleportation made easy.

1 Like

Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
ikbnice:
I bet you [b]never heard of GPS location spoofer or mock location before. [/b]As dem dey create am someone else go dey think outta the box. Remember when they created status that cannot be saved, people developed status saver apps. #Lobatan
No sir, i havebt heard of these before. Do you have any idea of such apps that one can download? Thanks.
Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by calddon(m): 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2018
Advancement in technology is exposing humans privacy to serious risk
Re: With The New Feature In Whatsapp, No One Can Lie Again On His Location by jidxin(m): 6:59pm On Mar 01, 2018
Thank God im in nigeria .. d gps not always accurate

(1) (2) (Reply)

Redmi Note 7 64gig/4gig And 128gig/4gig for Sale / Mtn Benin Gprs Settings / Swiftkey Users: Reply By Pressing Only The Middle Word Option A Bunch. Let's See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.