Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller (35669 Views)

Road Permits: Traveller Complains Of Having To Get Over 80 From Delta To Anambra / Christmas: No Traveller Will Sleep On River Niger Bridge – FRSC Promises / Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by Paradigm777: 3:39pm On Mar 01, 2018
missyQween:

You ate it in primary school We are still eating it in the university. Lol
Oluwa should pick my call too so that I can stop like you
Hahahhaahhaah..... Funny you
Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by Bullet01(f): 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2018
sorextee:
Baba, if u never chop am, u dey miss big time.. That thing make sense die. Grounded pepper. U feel it crunchy in ur mouth. Delicious. Rich in protein

Correct man. I did my NYSC in Borno state. I enjoyed eating it back then. Very very delicious cool cool

1 Like

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by Ojuororun(m): 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2018
WHY UNA NO MENTION "DANWAKAE"
Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by Caseless: 3:44pm On Mar 01, 2018
Forceup:
No, I will pass..

The North doesn't know how to cook... The only thing I could eat there is Kilishi and Suya..

Only Igbo, Cross River, Uyo and a few Yoruba women knows what a good meal is...

sad sad sad
so says a lady/guy who can't boil water correctly to a required temp.
Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by Caseless: 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2018
tomtos88:
Who said these foods sweet? I see them all the time and they don't look tasty at all... Where is my akwa south people to give u what is called sweet....
very sweet.
Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by MonPro: 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2018
The only northern food I've tasted in my life is Suya. I'm not interested in others.

1 Like

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by erisegun: 3:48pm On Mar 01, 2018
tuwo shinkafa na of for me.....but dat nunu make sense wit sugar.
and of course suya...every other thing no follow.
my opinion though
am sure hausa's enjoy all the foods mentioned by the op...... wink

1 Like

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 01, 2018
Forceup:
No, I will pass..

The North doesn't know how to cook... The only thing I could eat there is Kilishi and Suya..

sad sad sad

I hope Benue is not included in the "North" u stated up there?
Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by mikebrown92: 3:51pm On Mar 01, 2018
Forceup:
No, I will pass..

sad sad sad
You sabi tribe wey sabi good meal jare

No be that tuwo shinkafa wey be like ebo (sacrificial meal)

1 Like

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by Visenya(f): 3:51pm On Mar 01, 2018
���� Please i'll pass. Thank You!

1 Like

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by phreakabit(m): 3:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
sorextee:
True. Especially burabisco. Its our native food in borno state. grin. Under five minutes, e Don ready.
Its true. They say Shekau likes eating it with kuli kuli

1 Like

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by Caseless: 3:53pm On Mar 01, 2018
Shinkafa ma'i da yaji fa? cool
Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by phreakabit(m): 3:53pm On Mar 01, 2018
Forceup:
No, I will pass..

sad sad sad

True talk jor. No be Kuli Kuli and Dunkwa we dey talk

1 Like

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by tomtos88(m): 3:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
Forceup:
No, I will pass..

sad sad sad

You should visit ondo state too... I bet u wount wanna go back home
Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by Paradigm777: 3:56pm On Mar 01, 2018
missyQween:

You ate it in primary school We are still eating it in the university. Lol
Oluwa should pick my call too so that I can stop like you
MissyQween, do you know Dan wake?
Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by phreakabit(m): 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2018
tomtos88:

You should visit ondo state too... I bet u wount go back home

Is that a threat or travelers advice due to headsmen?
Besides is it not only dog they cook in Ondo?
Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2018
Avoid miyan kuka, what did I say avoid miyan kuka thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by matotoide(m): 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
I'm quite familiar with these dishes and none, i repeat none of of them is worth the hype. You're better off with masa/waina, fura da nono, kilishi or kunun koko. Even if they are mostly snacks.

1 Like

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by Caseless: 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2018
Opinionated:
The Northern region of Nigeria offers numerous attractions for tourists. And besides visiting the tourist-worthy sites, travellers can also enjoy tasty traditional food of the north. Although the food of the region is not considered as the primary reason for its popularity, one cannot ignore the fact that the Northerners have contributed richly to Nigeria’s national food identity. Below, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares traditional foods of the Northerners.

Burabisco

A traditionally made couscous meal common to Northern Nigeria, especially in Maiduguri, Burabisco is loved and enjoyed by many. Usually paired with spicy stew of meat and vegetables, its rich ingredients categorize it among luxurious dishes in the region.

Miyan Kuka

Miyan Kuka is certainly the most famous northern Nigerian soup and translated as “Boabab leaf soup”. The green draw-soup is made from ground baobab leaf and special spices, preferably ‘Yaji’ – a mixture of ground pepper, ginger, garlic and other seasonings/herbs.

Tuwon Dawa

This is a side dish made with ground guinea-corn made thick and cassava. It is best eaten with soups like Kuka and okra. This meal is unique majorly because it is best prepared with firewood.

Tuwon Shinkafa

This mouth-watering dish is possibly the most popular foods in the Northern part of Nigeria. It is also very palatable and widely embraced by other cultures in the country. The meal consists of thick rice pudding and spicy sauce. If you are visiting the region, try this meal to broaden the spectrum of your taste. And once tried, you may find it hard to resist the temptation of re-ordering.

Pate

A dish usually prepared with ground corn or rice, cooked with vegetables, tomatoes, onions, pepper, garden egg, locust beans, groundnut, biscuit bone, meats minces and sometimes, assorted meat parts, Pate is largely consumed in Kaduna, Nassarawa, Plateau and other Northwestern states. This dish is primarily porridge and is an all-time favourite liked by almost all age groups.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/tasty-foods-northern-nigeria-traveller/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
the last one, are you not talking about "acha"?
Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by Caseless: 4:07pm On Mar 01, 2018
Jatinzbusinessc:

I just downed a well prepared miyan kuka - made with dry fish and meat; with little drop of mai shannu and a very chill kunu to wash it down.

Jesus! North is the place to be.

cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by diczo(m): 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2018
sorextee:
True. Especially burabisco. Its our native food in borno state. grin. Under five minutes, e Don ready.

Homaigad!Una dey chop bobyriski for borno. Tifiakwa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by maxzzo1(m): 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
Stop deceiving ur self no good food from d north jare...na only suya dem sabi....

4 Likes

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by missyQween(f): 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2018
Paradigm777:
MissyQween, do you know Dan wake?

Yeah but I don't like it.But,Gurasa is bae
Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 01, 2018
SlimSirLim:
where is kilishi? fura da nono nko? where you keep waina or masa? your list no even contain self. �
Op leave fura and masa carry tuwo shinkafa...rabbysh

Jatinzbusinessc:

Bros u no try atol. Avoid miyan kuka ke?
Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by flyDixon: 4:20pm On Mar 01, 2018
1st. Gwate
2nd. Tuwon dawa and miyan kuka
3rd. Tuwon shinkafa and miyan kuka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by Tartie(m): 4:21pm On Mar 01, 2018
Ojuororun:
WHY UNA NO MENTION "DANWAKAE"
ogbeni dat "danwake"na die,I dey flex am wella.

1 Like

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by aminho(m): 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2018
sorextee:
Baba, if u never chop am, u dey miss big time.. That thing make sense die. Grounded pepper. U feel it crunchy in ur mouth. Delicious. Rich in protein

sai godiya fara ai sai a wulari Jerusalem and post office
Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by Yuneehk(f): 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2018
Forceup:
No, I will pass..

sad sad sad
Spot on! Theirs meals don't even look appealing and something you want to try out has got to look good before you think of tasting it. But in terms of hospitality, you've gotta give it to them.

2 Likes

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by tomtos88(m): 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2018
phreakabit:

Is that a threat or travelers advice due to headsmen?
Besides is it not only dog they cook in Ondo?

Lol... Majority in ondo don't even eat dog, how it become so synonymous with ondo is still a mystery... I have visited many towns and they don't eat at all generally, it's more of a personal things. Talking about food, it depends on location, as different parts in ondo has different mouth watering soups
Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by Rajosh(m): 4:32pm On Mar 01, 2018
No Gurasa,no Waina,no Awara
Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by wasyou: 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
shocked

Re: Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller by wasyou: 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
shocked tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

200 Cars Involved In Massive Collision In China's Zhengzhou due to dense fog / 32 Nigerians Deported From Germany / Man Dies In Accident Months To His Wedding. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.