Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,485 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:32 PM

We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari (11699 Views)

Those Who Cause Bomb Blast In Lagos, Ondo Are Targeting Other States- Gani Adams / Boko Haran Are Targeting This Cites / "Muslim Extremists Accused Of Targeting Christians In Nigeria" On USA TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by livebynite: 8:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
Alariiwo:
Buhari is actually very wise.. even smarter than most university prrofessors.

When you are self-sufficient, you can always turn your misfortunes around.

Of course, some lazy bones who can't stay in their region to develop won't like this news. They can't farm, all they know is to be importing junks into the country just to make money.

Good move Mr President. You're blessed.

You attack some people and their tribe in a subtle way and when they retaliate we all look like fools here when it's just few like you that are so daft
angry
Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by seenga(m): 8:56pm On Mar 01, 2018
Me I no wan hear anything from any APC person. Na 2019 we de wait. If u like dash me 2million, I nor go vote for buhari.

2million o!
Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by deji17: 9:07pm On Mar 01, 2018
UfuomaUN:

custom officers are along that route! They collect bribes from rice smugglers and give them code numbers to say at subsequent check points if they're stopped!

The day I noticed it I almost cried for this nation! I was going to attend to a work related issue along that route by 4am and when I came across long convoys of at least 7-8 salon cars per convoy speeding past like they were in a hurry. I observed thy were all stuffed with rice. After driving for a few hundred metres I came across a customs checkpoint with a patrol vehicle well and a few men I guessed were traders, in what looked like a negotiation

You have a point. Corruption among the Govt agencies like the Police, immigration, Customs etc is still very rife. Old habits they say die hard. But among the bad eggs, you still have some few honest ones like the Navy crew that intercepted this smuggled rice. Unlike before where it appears that it is a free for all, now, anybody involving themselves in this evil acto knows that he /she is taking a huge risk.
Moreover, with this small, small control, local farmers will be able to grow and sell their products at competitive market price, which will encourage others to join in farming.
Gradually, we will be weaning ourselves out of imported staple food products until we reach the level of self sufficiency.
We did not suddenly find ourselves as one of the most corrupt countries in the world and we not exit that club overnight. It took us many years to get here, so exit will take time too, but we are on the right track..

1 Like

Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by deji17: 9:07pm On Mar 01, 2018
UfuomaUN:

custom officers are along that route! They collect bribes from rice smugglers and give them code numbers to say at subsequent check points if they're stopped!

The day I noticed it I almost cried for this nation! I was going to attend to a work related issue along that route by 4am and when I came across long convoys of at least 7-8 salon cars per convoy speeding past like they were in a hurry. I observed thy were all stuffed with rice. After driving for a few hundred metres I came across a customs checkpoint with a patrol vehicle well and a few men I guessed were traders, in what looked like a negotiation

You have a point. Corruption among the Govt agencies like the Police, immigration, Customs etc is still very rife. Old habits they say die hard. But among the bad eggs, you still have some few honest ones like the Navy crew that intercepted this smuggled rice. Unlike before where it appears that it is a free for all, now, anybody involving themselves in this evil acts knows that he /she is taking a huge risk.
Moreover, with this small, small control, local farmers will be able to grow and sell their products at competitive market price, which will encourage others to join in farming.
Gradually, we will be weaning ourselves off imported staple food products until we reach the level of self sufficiency.
We did not suddenly find ourselves as one of the most corrupt countries in the world and we will not exit that club overnight. It took us many years to get here, so exit will take time, but we are on the right track..

1 Like

Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by sirley(m): 11:16pm On Mar 01, 2018
FarahAideed:
We are targeting a Zero Buhari Aso Rock come 2019
na by mouth abi
Ipigs
Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by oladeebo: 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
With the useless president way they support herdsmen to destroy our farmers from planting?

Ko ni da fun president ati his family
,,,b'ewure ba boju'weyin..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by deji17: 11:19pm On Mar 01, 2018
oladeebo:
,,,b'ewure ba boju'weyin..

b'aguntan ba boju weyin...
Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by oladeebo: 11:24pm On Mar 01, 2018
deji17:

b'aguntan ba boju weyin...
...yio fepefelepe!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by ramifickolade: 12:30am On Mar 02, 2018
How to increase the production of food is what concerns me now... imagine eating two meals a day
Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by Kingspin(m): 3:52am On Mar 02, 2018
Keep targeting your 4 years is rounding up.
Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by Witnes: 3:54am On Mar 02, 2018
kernel504:

Tell me 3 things he started and finished in three years.
Lol! If that so easy, just 4rm 1999 till date, Nigeria would have been Dubai ,considering global touch of d economy and Nigeria only source of surviving life OIL
Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by kernel504(m): 6:11am On Mar 02, 2018
Witnes:

Lol! If that so easy, just 4rm 1999 till date, Nigeria would have been Dubai ,considering global touch of d economy and Nigeria only source of surviving life OIL

Go and check the sum of three years budget of Buhari, is above N18 trillion, and you're saying is too small to have done a thing?
Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by Witnes: 9:37am On Mar 02, 2018
kernel504:

Go and check the sum of three years budget of Buhari, is above N18 trillion, and you're saying is too small to have done a thing?
That's verbal budgets on papers, not completely implemented and realised.
Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by kernel504(m): 1:26pm On Mar 02, 2018
Witnes:

That's verbal budgets on papers, not completely implemented and realised.

Are you saying he's been playing our intelligence, because if you don't realize the assume figure you adjust, how come, he inflated the others after falling short of benchmark?

What's his work if he can't add financial value like Donald Trump?

What project has he done with any little he has gotten?
Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by Ovamboland(m): 5:57pm On Mar 02, 2018
deji17:

You have a point. Corruption among the Govt agencies like the Police, immigration, Customs etc is still very rife. Old habits they say die hard. But among the bad eggs, you still have some few honest ones like the Navy crew that intercepted this smuggled rice. Unlike before where it appears that it is a free for all, now, anybody involving themselves in this evil acto knows that he /she is taking a huge risk.
Gradually, we will be weaning ourselves out of imported staple food products until we reach the level of self sufficiency.
We did not suddenly find ourselves as one of the most corrupt countries in the world and we not exit that club overnight. It took us many years to get here, so exit will take time too, but we are on the right track..

Many Nigerians don't grasp what it takes to develop a country. They think it's a walk in the park. They don't understand it takes a lot of sacrifice and investment. It's even fiercer today than say when America had to shut it's border to cheaper and higher quality British goods.
They had to do that so the infant American industries can survive and develop the aptitude and capacity to compete in price and quality

I see many talking of creating local sufficiency first before restricting imports, how ignorant. They fail to grasp the fact that established producers have only one aim that is to kill off local production and they have the resources and depth to achieve it. Making the field level is a sure way to ensure your own citizens lose their investment and local capabilities/jobs are not developed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by Ovamboland(m): 6:05pm On Mar 02, 2018
kernel504:

That is just $58 billion in three years for the eho whole country of 180 million.
Canada with less than 40 million spends $620 billion a year. That is $1.86 trillion in 3 years, if you remove our 3 years budget from Canada own they still have $1.8 trillion left.
It's a miracle to achieve anything meaningful from our tiny budget.

1 Like

Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by kernel504(m): 7:13pm On Mar 02, 2018
Ovamboland:

That is just $58 billion in three years for the eho whole country of 180 million.
Canada with less than 40 million spends $620 billion a year. That is $1.86 trillion in 3 years, if you remove our 3 years budget from Canada own they still have $1.8 trillion left.
It's a miracle to achieve anything meaningful from our tiny budget.

Which nation prepares a budget without making provision for capital projects, tell me one, irrespective of the size of the budget.

How did Obasanjo manage to save some much and did lots of projects when Crude oil was selling for just $24 with global recession rocking member nations, without feeling it?

Look, need I remind you that Buhari has taken Nigeria into recession twice, he's not sound, even in his speech.
Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by deji17: 7:39pm On Mar 02, 2018
kernel504:

Which nation prepares a budget without making provision for capital projects, tell me one, irrespective of the size of the budget.

How did Obasanjo manage to save some much and did lots of projects when Crude oil was selling for just $24 with global recession rocking member nations, without feeling it?

Look, need I remind you that Buhari has taken Nigeria into recession twice, he's not sound, even in his speech.
Can you back up your claims with verifiable facts? Can you provide answers to the following with links? 1. What is the price of crude 1999 to 2007? 2. What is the minimum wage and total budget of Nigeria between 1999 to 2017? 3 Can you name the infrastructure projects that the OBJ govt started, undertook or completed?
Re: We Are Targeting Zero Import Bill For Food Consumption – Buhari by Ovamboland(m): 9:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
kernel504:

I know most blacks have a problem crunching numbers and understand the relative impact of those numbers on reality so no surprise here.
What major projects did OBJ implement with the budgets he operated? No saying he did nothing, but well run countries with better income did much more in 8 years than we can dream of.

If we are not careful our entire $58 billion budget might just be what Canada spent on it's fire fighting department in 3 years, yet we expect our own fire service to respond in 3 minutes nationwide as they do in Canada

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello, Role Model To Nigerian Youths In Good Governance– Fanwo / Saraki Mediates In Makinde, Fayose Feud, To Meet Ortom Mohammed / Five Boko-Haram Suspects Sentenced To Life Imprisonment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.