Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe (14332 Views)

Akin Ambode Theme Song By Ice Prince , M.I , Olamide , Banky W , Yemi Alade / 'Nigeria Is 25' Song. Do You Remember It? / Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by sojapikin(f): 2:11pm On Apr 27, 2010
Come October 1, 2010 will be 50 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurray! I want to ask the house, can anyone remember the wordings of the song of Nigeria at 25yrs composed and sang by Bongos Ikwe

Nigeria is 25,
we all indeed survive,
arise salute the nation,
come join the celebration,
a people united will never fall,
the sun will shine and the rain will fall ,
on our land, vast and mighty, richly blessed by the Almighty ,

who can help me with the rest

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by becomricha: 2:41pm On Apr 27, 2010
That was the song for nigeria at 25 years. My classmate father wrote that song that was use by the nation of nigeria. He was among best 3 music writter ever produced in nigeria and among the best 10 in africa. He sold more 15 million albums in his life time. he was the best english music singer nigeria ever produced. Nobody yet as live up to his ratng sing english music in nigeria.

I meet Bongos Ikwe several times as a young man, when he came to pick up his son in school. His son was in my class. He was my classmate.  big head allen. He was a sturborn little boy. he sat behind me.   And when you look at it, one generation, of nigerian do not want to quit leadership so that another takes over. It is sad.

Let me help you finish the song.

Nigeria is 25,
The odd we deed survive,
arise salute the nation,
The people united will never fall
the sun will shine and the rain will fall ,
on our land, vast and mighty,
richly blessed by the o Almighty ,
Like the bees in the haven
Who works so hard
to make her honey  flow
and not without the use of a hole.
Arise salute the nation
Nigeria is 25
Nigeria is 25

We are 25
ring the bell
Help nigeria grow
The future is in your hand
Mond it well
Let the greatness show
We have come up age
Mold it well
let thy greatness show

I cant believe this was 25 years ago.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by chosen04(f): 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2010
becomricha:

That was the song for nigeria at 25 years. My classmate father wrote that song that was use by the nation of nigeria. He was among best 3 music writter ever produced in nigeria and among the best 10 in africa. He sold more 15 million albums in his life time. he was the best english music singer nigeria ever produced. Nobody yet as live up to his ratng sing english music in nigeria.

I meet Bongos Ikwe several times as a young man, when he came to pick up his son in school. His son was in my clas[/b]s. [b]He was my classmate. big head allen. He was a sturborn little boy. he sat behind me. And when you look at it, one generation, of nigerian do not want to quit leadership so that another takes over. It is sad.

This dude is far well connected. Becomericha know people well well.
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by sojapikin(f): 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2010
This is a big whaoooooo for me. I cant believe it too that its been 25 years just like that. gush this does make me so old. I am glad that i could get ur attention and the complete wording f the song.

50 years ooooo, i wonder which song they will compose for naija, our beloved motherland this time around. any suggestions?
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by sojapikin(f): 4:55pm On Apr 27, 2010
Okay, guys, can some one help me out again here. Since this song was such a bomb way back then that i can still remember it till yesterday, i was wondering if our aspiring Presido ( Maradonna) will allow oga Bongos compose another one successfully as per say madam Mariam don kick bucket shocked
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by sojapikin(f): 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2010
He was among best 3 music writter ever produced in nigeria and among the best 10 in africa. He sold more 15 million albums in his life time. he was the best english music singer nigeria ever produced. Nobody yet as live up to his ratng sing english music in nigeria.

Where is Bongos Ikwe now? Why should such a brilliant man like this be forgotten just like that ( all becos of a woman)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by lannre(m): 5:02pm On Apr 27, 2010
@ becomricha

CAN U PLEASE SEND THE AUDIO TO MY BOX. HOW TIME FLIES,SO I WAS 15 THEN
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by sojapikin(f): 5:13pm On Apr 27, 2010
@ Lannre, pls i so will i, i was 9year old then. How time flies!
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by chosen04(f): 5:42pm On Apr 27, 2010
Where was i by then? just remember that i will turn 26 by july
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by sojapikin(f): 5:48pm On Apr 27, 2010
@Chosen04, my dear lady, u must have just started walking by then, lol
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by chosen04(f): 5:54pm On Apr 27, 2010
I was already ''stealing'' breast milk, Lol

I never heard of such song throughtout my childhood. Infact, 2day is my 1st of hearing of such trash
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by Jarus(m): 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2010
3 then
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by chosen04(f): 6:40pm On Apr 27, 2010
Jarus:

3 then

meaning?
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by sojapikin(f): 1:18am On Apr 28, 2010
Meaning that you are not aware that naija has gifted and talented musicians like Bongos Ikwe, abi? too much talent
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by becomricha: 3:56am On Apr 28, 2010
why do you want to know if I am connected. See it this way, I went to  university that have an average of 10,000 student in a years. So imagine what the population was for 5 years. All of this people are managers in the nigeria economy.

I use to run nigeriaone many years ago. And most of the people worked for the nigeria press and media houses , some of them are editors of newspapers.  So if you name any one in Nigeria, I would likely 99% get the person contact. The press make and breaks a politician. The pen is might than the sword.
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 28, 2010

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by canuck(m): 6:28am On Apr 28, 2010
@ Topic

I can almost hear the song in my mind, but my memory fails me! Used to love the song  embarassed

Anyone with the music or video should please post.
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by sojapikin(f): 10:13am On Apr 28, 2010
@ftmom,

Thank you so much for the correction. I am sure someone out there will certainly be able to fit in all the wording of the song soon.

The song then was on everyone's lips especially the part of the hoe, hoe. We kids then liked repeating it . It was the good old days indeed.

Pls can anyone help us here, do u have the video, complete wordings of the song or even what has become of Bongos Ikwe himself, fill us in.
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by sojapikin(f): 10:18am On Apr 28, 2010
@ Chosen04, in the year 1985, Nigeria was not as dramatic as it is today. Ask ur parents, or anyone who can give u a clue of what it was like back then. Yes agreed that u were a toddler and so couldnt have heard it being played on the airwaves but believe me, it was a song that got ur singing along.

Some good old days that was back then. Pls dont call happy days like that trash, just becos u were still stealing milk.
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by sojapikin(f): 10:24am On Apr 28, 2010
@ Canuck, I am working on something good and u will certainly be the first to get a copy of the audio. A friend said he can get it for me before weekend. Lets see how that turns out.
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by Demoladoc: 7:21pm On Apr 28, 2010
if u were not old enof or not yet born at that time then u would have no idea what we are talking about.

Wonderful song. U had no choice but to sing along. It captivates your faculties and mesmerises your your mind.
Simple yet great song. The good old days.

Wonder if ibb keyed into the dreams the song had for nija since he was head of state then.
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by canuck(m): 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2010
Demoladoc:

if u were not old enof or not yet born at that time then u would have no idea what we are talking about.

Wonderful song. U had no choice but to sing along. It captivates your faculties and mesmerises your your mind.
Simple yet great song. The good old days.

Wonder if ibb keyed into the dreams the song had for nija since he was head of state then.

True, but I can't find the melody anymore; my retrospective memory is not firing up that tune.
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by canuck(m): 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2010
sojapikin:

@ Canuck, I am working on something good and u will certainly be the first to get a copy of the audio. A friend said he can get it for me before weekend. Lets see how that turns out.

Thanks, Sojapikin. I look forward to it - either on this thread on in my mailbox. Muchas gracias.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by jamace(m): 2:41am On Apr 29, 2010
Oh my beautiful song. Bongos is a genius. Look at this and probably ponder on the statements.

Nigeria is 25
The odds we did survive
Arise salute the nation
Come join the celebration
A people united will never fall
The sun will shine and the rain will fall
On our land vast and mighty
Richly blessed by the almighty
Like bees in a hive we work so hard
To make our country grow
But not without the use of the hoe.
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by chosen04(f): 8:56am On Apr 29, 2010
jamace:

Oh my beautiful song. Bongos is a genius. Look at this and probably ponder on the statements.

Nigeria is 25
The odds we did survive
Arise salute the nation
Come join the celebra[b]tion[/b]
A people united will never fall
The sun will shine and the rain will fall
On our land vast and mi[b]ghty[/b]
Richly blessed by the alm[b]ighty[/b]
Like bees in a hive we work so hard
To make our country grow
But not without the use of the hoe.

Typical ancient and modern hymn.

The rhyme Pattern is very inconsistent. Why do these ''grown adults'' love this?. Seems the rhyming patterns never matters to them. Is it a matter of arachic mentailty? LOL
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by sojapikin(f): 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2010
@Chosen04, its obvious u dont know what we are talking about here. I mean this was the boom song then. YES OO. you couldnt help but sing along. It was that good. Forget all that grammar construction u r talking about , ask ur lecturers who Bongos Ikwe was way back then, abeg, no lele, lol

No really jokes apart, this was on composition that only time can judge how brilliant the composer was
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by sojapikin(f): 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2010
@ Canuck , its no problem, i will gladly do this and for any other person that is interested in having a copy of this all time greatest song. I dont know Bongos Ikwe in person but i think her deserves to be remembered for this good he did for our great country. I mean despite all he had to go through in the hands of the powers that be then. That is another story for another , lol

who wants a copy of the audio?
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by kandid: 10:19am On Oct 01, 2010
Nigeria is 25, I was in primary 1 then, and NTA will always play the song before the NEWS @ 9, i did not like the NEW@9 but i love the song, so i would sit with the NEW for the sake of the song, Then few days to the celebration, the teachers gathered all the students and though us the song, then we used to love Nigeria, 25 YEARS, Its hard to believe it went like yesterday and nigeria just remain like yesterday, God bless our country
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by Tedyk(m): 8:55am On Jul 16, 2012
Twas written by Oritz Wiliki
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by spendogram: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2012
Used to love the song.
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by tpia5: 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2012
who is this bongos ikwe of a person.

any info on his parents, grandparents,hometown, etc.

his name keeps popping up at critical moments.
Re: Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe by bilqisss: 6:43am On Oct 01, 2012
It's so unfortunate dat Chosen04 called dis song thrash sad
It jst goes 2 show dat u did not av d little priviledge of knwing Nigeria b4 it became ds bad. Nigeria wasn't problem-free then, but it was better than it is now. We children(I was jst 5 den) then had more hopes. But e neva finish o! Nigerians, I believe, are very prayerful. It is well wit us.
Happy Independence day!
Someone asked who Bongos Ikwe is. Is a music legend(for those who appreciate good music) and is still alive and well. Another song of his dat I love so much is d theme song for 'Cock crow @ dawn'.smiley
Pls, who knws d lyrics?
Sojapikin, pls I don't mind having d audio too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria To Devalue Naira As External Reserves Dwindle / FG Declares April 3, 6 Public Holidays For Easter / Ibrahim Mohammed Sworn-in As Substantive CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.