Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. (12527 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Davidson5(m): 6:41am On Mar 02, 2018
I think this post will help some people in deciding which country in Europe they will decide to stay in and of course to be aware and informed about how Nigerians are living in certian europeans country. We want to hear the good and the bad news. Well, considering from North South west and East. If you're a nigerian living in this part of Europe kindly contribute.
A friend of mine from the UK told me the population of nigerians living there(UK) is indisputable comparing the rest of europeans country.
Brothers and sisters update us about how you are living and coping with others and of course your blood Nigerians brother and sister.
Thank you.. cool smiley
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by menami: 7:13am On Mar 02, 2018
My wife is in Switzerland. And with her experience so far, i think Switzerland is one of the best countries to stay due to their stable economy and good security system

14 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Davidson5(m): 11:14am On Mar 02, 2018
Great! Did she ever talk of Nigerians over there..
I guess Swiss is one of the most direct and strict countries in Europe.. Thanks for sharing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Godson201333(m): 8:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
You will not be able to find many Nigerians in other European countries because of stricter rules and Rigorous system await them.No short cut plus Language barriers,Diversity issues and many more..

Switzerland is extremely expensive!!

11 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Davidson5(m): 10:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
Yea you're right about some countries in Europe with stricter rules and regulations but i bet you the UK is one hell of them. The tax alone can kill.
For me personally with few I know... I think there are still many Nigerians living in Germany particularly!
Both illegal and legal. But Poland nah!! NO way

4 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Godson201333(m): 11:58am On Mar 03, 2018
Davidson5:
Yea you're right about some countries in Europe with stricter rules and regulations but i bet you the UK is one hell of them. The tax alone can kill.
For me personally with few I know... I think there are still many Nigerians living in Germany particularly!

In comparison with Uk or Ireland ,not so many Nigerians in Germany plus many of them later abscond to England, cos of stricter rules and its also too difficult for many to maintain a legal status in Germany.In Italy you tend to see so many of them because of the mago mago route nah and uk cos of Diversity.

3 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Davidson5(m): 2:07pm On Mar 03, 2018
I found this, I think is interesting stat.. shocked grin
With the below post.. I think my friend right. UK is leading the way!
Kai Nigerians can populate other people countries
Lol grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by seunny4lif(m): 5:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
Davidson5:
Swiss is the most expensive country in EU then follow by Norway and Denmark.
UK is just overrated.

Germany is really nice and lots of job opportunities from illegal to legal.
Germany and Holland with Ireland remains the best EU countries to live.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by seunny4lif(m): 5:34pm On Mar 04, 2018
Davidson5:
I found this, I think is interesting stat.. shocked grin
With the below post.. I think my friend right. UK is leading the way!
Kai Nigerians can populate other people countries
Lol grin cheesy
That's old information
Nigerians in Germany now are more than 50K and they are increasing everyday
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Davidson5(m): 8:24pm On Mar 04, 2018
seunny4lif:

That's old information
Nigerians in Germany now are more than 50K and they are increasing everyday
Thanks man. Can you share more light on that
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Unlimited22: 11:26pm On Mar 04, 2018
seunny4lif:

UK is just overrated.

Whatever happened to Luxembourg, if Switzerland is the most expensive?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Davidson5(m): 2:48pm On Mar 05, 2018
Unlimited22:

Whatever happened to Luxembourg, if Switzerland is the most expensive?
To talk of Luxembourg, I don't think Nigerians reside in that country and if there is.. few .

We are in 21st century and most youth in Europe speak English. I think that is also one of the factor why you see Nigerians in some europeans countries which were hard to live in decades ago.. plus international students now across Europe perhaps mostly Nigerians- I guess.
My friend is not on nairaland- that would have been easy.
Well as i gather more info.. I will throw in more grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by frostmate: 3:17pm On Mar 05, 2018
seunny4lif:

UK is just overrated.

Can you shed more light on Ireland if it's not too much trouble..what are its advantages over other European countries. Thanks
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Davidson5(m): 3:40pm On Mar 06, 2018
I don't think Ireland have much to offer... geographically not spotted on any schengen borders..
I heard the economy of Ireland had decline due to economic crisis few years ago.
The population of the country is 6.5 million or so. Well Nigerians are still living there but there economy is like not of before..
Holland- Nigerians students there don't give good news as per of jobs. They said is okay to live if you're residing in it legally as citizen not illegal.

I still feel someone from Germany should jump on this page cry

2 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by onatisi(m): 3:44pm On Mar 06, 2018
One question I keep asking is why do people like going to where everyone is going?
Why can't ppl chart their own course?
The truth is all these porpular countries have tightened up their internal social security system and it is very very difficult to stay there progressively and achieve anything meaningful as an illegal resident.
Ppl should try and focus individually on less popular countries . when smart ppl were moving to Dubai in the early 90s ,majority then also were concentrating on usa,London and Western countries ,those who went to Dubai then made lots of money,

16 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Davidson5(m): 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2018
onatisi:
One question I keep asking is why do people like going to where everyone is going?
The truth is all these porpular countries have tightened up their internal social security system and it is very very difficult to stay there progressively and achieve anything meaningful as an illegal resident.
Ppl should try and focus individually on less popular countries . when smart ppl were moving to Dubai in the early 90s ,majority then also we're concentrating on usa,London and Western countries ,those who went to Dubai then made lots of money,

Well, you're right bros. You see most people won't buy into that. Some think these popular countries is where things are happening and to be Frank with you -some don't mind to die in those countries as long as they're enjoy the social life and social amenities there government provides.

5 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by seunny4lif(m): 1:32pm On Mar 08, 2018
Davidson5:
I don't think Ireland have much to offer... geographically not spotted on any schengen borders..
I heard the economy of Ireland had decline due to economic crisis few years ago.
The population of the country is 6.5 million or so. Well Nigerians are still living there but there economy is like not of before..
Holland- Nigerians students there don't give good news as per of jobs. They said is okay to live if you're residing in it legally as citizen not illegal.

I still feel someone from Germany should jump on this page cry
From what I know
Ireland is now ok but the disadvantage is Ireland is not schengen.
Holland is good.
Germany remains the best country for Immigrants after Ireland.
Finland is super cool

4 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by TheCongo2: 7:54pm On Mar 08, 2018
onatisi:
Ppl should try and focus individually on less popular countries . when smart ppl were moving to Dubai in the early 90s ,majority then also were concentrating on usa,London and Western countries ,those who went to Dubai then made lots of money,

Very well said sir. It is called creativity.

The person who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The person who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before.

7 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:10pm On Mar 08, 2018
Why would anyone go to Europe or USA when they are super duper Asian countries.
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by onatisi(m): 6:22am On Mar 09, 2018
TheCongo2:

Very well said sir. It is called creativity.

The person who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The person who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before.
Honestly,I keep wondering why ppl waste time and huge financial resources to go to these popular countries to become average citizens ,when there are many many countries one can go to with less those amounts and get settled in the most comfortable respectful way and even get residence permit. I think the major issue is the reason and objective for travelling, some ppl just want to travel and be in places they have been dreaming of. Ppl should try and do their research very well,no be everything be Germany,London,Canada or usa.

4 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by TheCongo2: 6:42am On Mar 09, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

Like which country? Please provide more info

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by frostmate2: 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2018
Nigerians in Europe are mostly in UK however a great number of them have been there since before the UK government started implementing strict immigration policies. Ireland from my research is becoming an attractive option because they offer post study visa unlike UK and also because its English speaking unlike other options like Holland, Germany and the others. Jobs are limited in Ireland, most of the jobs tend to be in Dublin.

5 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Davidson5(m): 5:24pm On Mar 09, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
Frankly, there are few or even No Asian country that's immigration friendly. You can read deeply on that. China- NO. Japan-NO.(unless you're residing as legal migrant). South Korea.. it's getting tougher, unless you're there as a tourist or business man. Don't even mention Singapore or Malaysia.
To talk about labour force value-the westerns are still leading.
The reason why Nigerians are been dynamic these is bcs lot of Nigerians are living in these Europeans country. Here's a fact �. Nigerians has highest level of populations across Europe among other African nation.

See here is the key; If you have the right connection Europe or the USA is the best to reside. My opinion cool

4 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Davidson5(m): 5:34pm On Mar 09, 2018
Another key how Nigerians are surviving there these days..
If you're a skilled migrant in any part of Europe you will definitely survive. It's not easy but dedication and focus will pay off.
Living in Europe is not easy.. any part of the world is not easy.
Surround yourself with people who bring positive energy into your life only.. avoid the cancer ones ( if you knw wht I mean).
God bless the real hustlers there and all over in Europe.
Remember this post about how Nigerians in Europe are doing.. we just want to be informed and aware.
God bless smiley
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by seunny4lif(m): 6:24pm On Mar 10, 2018
cool
Gbam
Davidson5:
Another key how Nigerians are surviving there these days..
If you're a skilled migrant in any part of Europe you will definitely survive. It's not easy but dedication and focus will pay off.
Living in Europe is not easy.. any part of the world is not easy.
Surround yourself with people who bring positive energy into your life only.. avoid the cancer ones ( if you knw wht I mean).
God bless the real hustlers there and all over in Europe.
Remember this post about how Nigerians in Europe are doing.. we just want to be informed and aware.
God bless smiley
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Trenton: 3:21pm On Aug 26, 2018
make una keep us updated na
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by marvelos1: 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
Australia for me anytime,anyday.
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Bobbybenard(m): 9:35pm On Aug 26, 2018
Leaving for Iceland very soon for schengen working visa to Iceland. Please I need to be enlightened here

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by lordally(m): 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
onatisi:

Honestly,I keep wondering why ppl waste time and huge financial resources to go to these popular countries to become average citizens ,when there are many many countries one can go to with less those amounts and get settled in the most comfortable respectful way and even get residence permit. I think the major issue is the reason and objective for travelling, some ppl just want to travel and be in places they have been dreaming of. Ppl should try and do their research very well,no be everything be Germany,London,Canada or usa.

So finally which could countries can you suggest na based on experience ooo
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Rexnegro(m): 10:48pm On Aug 26, 2018
marvelos1:
Australia for me anytime,anyday.
awesome country but that place is really far ... more like end of the world to this side...

4 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. by Rexnegro(m): 10:49pm On Aug 26, 2018
Bobbybenard:
Leaving for Iceland very soon for schengen working visa to Iceland. Please I need to be enlightened here
I wish you the best , joining you soon by God's grace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Max Air Suspended By NCAA Over Safety Infractions / Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others / Topic closed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.