Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students (13647 Views)

Macedonian Government Scholarships For Foreign Students. / UK Ends Free NHS Care For Foreign Students & Immigrants / Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by worry359(m): 6:41am On Jul 08, 2012
THOUSANDS of foreign students will be barred from Britain in a new crackdown on visas to be unveiled this week.

Those applying to start at college in the coming year may be asked to a face-to-face interview.

If they can’t speak English or prove they have been accepted on a course they won’t be let in. And border guards will have extra powers to turn away arrivals they have doubts about.

Immigration Minister Damian Green told The Sun: “The message to bogus students is clear. We’ll spot you and stop you coming. We’re no longer a soft touch.”

About 300,000 student visas are handed out every year, but many of the applicants are bogus.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4417081/Visa-blitz-will-foil-fake-foreign-students-entering-Britain.html
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by Chaydee(m): 9:24am On Jul 08, 2012
Lobatan! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 08, 2012
Why do people go to Britain apart from vacation and tourism ? That country is not innovative. Its like a retired City. Its not a market place like China or Turkey

4 Likes

Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by sexysunnyb(m): 9:30am On Jul 08, 2012
Na dem sabi
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by justwise(m): 9:32am On Jul 08, 2012
Billyonaire: Why do people go to Britain apart from vacation and tourism ? That country is not innovative. Its like a retired City. Its not a market place like China or Turkey

grin grin grin some people can't stop making some ridiculous statement.

1 Like

Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by amosy007: 9:35am On Jul 08, 2012
They already started. What kinda stale news is this?
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by ebamma(m): 9:36am On Jul 08, 2012
God save the queen
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 08, 2012
Billyonaire: Why do people go to Britain apart from vacation and tourism ? That country is not innovative. Its like a retired City. Its not a market place like China or Turkey

So you are saying in essence that people should not go to Britain to study and earn degrees that are better respected in Nigeria than the sham ones doled out in the billions of glorified high schools masquerading as universities in Nigeria.
So people should go and study in "market places" like China and Turkey.The post has nothing to do with vacation or tourism. I don't think you understand the word "study",so if you like;get a "market place" degree from China or Turkey and apply for jobs in Nigeria with your "market place" degree against someone with a degree from Britain and see who gets the job.

1 Like

Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by justwise(m): 9:39am On Jul 08, 2012
@topic,

Nothing will change really, they have driven away foreign student already the moment they cancelled PSW and stopped foreign students attending private colleges from working at all.

As if that was not bad enough, they increased the maintenance money from £5400(outside London) to £7200 and for London is now £9000.

The universities and colleges will feel the pain at the end of this admission season.
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by justwise(m): 9:43am On Jul 08, 2012
afrokarma:

So you are saying in essence that people should not go to Britain to study and earn degrees that are better respected in Nigeria than the sham ones doled out in the billions of glorified high schools masquerading as universities in Nigeria.
So people should go and study in "market places" like China and Turkey.The post has nothing to do with vacation or tourism. I don't think you understand the word "study",so if you like;get a "market place" degree from China or Turkey and apply for jobs in Nigeria with your "market place" degree against someone with a degree from Britain and see who gets the job.

Enough said!!
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by toyemz(f): 9:44am On Jul 08, 2012
@afrokarma

So people should go and study in "market places" like China and Turkey.The post has nothing to do with vacation or tourism. I don't think you understand the word "study",so if you like;get a "market place" degree from China or Turkey and apply for jobs in Nigeria with your "market place" degree against someone with a degree from Britain and see who gets the job

well said!
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by Eltonluigi(m): 9:45am On Jul 08, 2012
The problem is there are too many ''bogus'' institutions in the UK givin' out ''bogus'' admissions to ''bogus'' students in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by toyemz(f): 9:48am On Jul 08, 2012
common lets face it there are loads of fake students in UK that never attend classes!
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by pato405(m): 9:53am On Jul 08, 2012
afrokarma:

my thoughts exactly! the fact is that some Billygoats are poised to type guffs because they have itchy fingers that are faster than their very tardy brains. imagine getting a certificate from china/Turkey to compete with a british equivalent. angry angry angry or may be his comment is borne out of the fact that he reasons everything from a containerised perspective - so whosoever is travelling out is going out for ''market'' or business to import a container load of garbage into Nigeria. whilst doing such miserable businesses is possible in China, it's impossible in UK - so, China becomes a better destination than UK. OK! i guess that's his point! all boils down to lack of comprehension.
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by dabigwalls: 9:57am On Jul 08, 2012
Targets are of course: Nigerians. As usual.
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by powerfrank(m): 9:58am On Jul 08, 2012
well is better,coz all thoes rif raf will stay in there country nd school
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by r231(m): 10:01am On Jul 08, 2012

Are you sure about that undecided undecided

justwise:

grin grin grin some people can't stop making some ridiculous statement.

Don't mind the GOAT grin angry grin

Vacation ko, holiday ni grin grin
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by pato405(m): 10:01am On Jul 08, 2012
justwise: @topic,

Nothing will change really, they have driven away foreign student already the moment they cancelled PSW and stopped foreign students attending private colleges from working at all.

As if that was not bad enough, they increased the maintenance money from £5400(outside London) to £7200 and for London is now £9000.

The universities and colleges will feel the pain at the end of this admission season.

they have pulled the trigger on themselves! besides increasing maintenance fees, the cancellation of PSW will discourage MANY students. no student is willing to part with over £20,000 [5mil] and be turned away just like that after the programme without the 2yr opportunity/grace to get a job, garner some useful experiences and prolly make some cash. it shows how self-centred the UK is. they are only interested in milking others without giving anything in return. how I wish this rule was in place before I came. grin grin grin grin. I go siddon for house.
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by pato405(m): 10:05am On Jul 08, 2012
powerfrank: well is better,coz all thoes rif raf will stay in there country nd school

when riff raffs comment on NL, they are not difficult to spot and you are obviously one. it's so glaring that you are a product of one of those riff raff universities. arrant trash.
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by ektbear: 10:08am On Jul 08, 2012
Eltonluigi: The problem is there are too many ''bogus'' institutions in the UK givin' out ''bogus'' admissions to ''bogus'' students in the first place.

hehe
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by pictures: 10:08am On Jul 08, 2012
Why punishing people unnecessarily? Anyone who can pay the school fees
or has paid should be allowed to go to school. This should be the policy.
Governments all over the world should stop punishing people who are ready
to live peacefully.If their countries were good, none of them will bother
going abroad. Now, those who are ready to learn especially should
be encouraged to do that as long as they can pay the fees. They can give them yearly
visas when they show proof of payment and attendance.
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by MrLuGold(m): 10:09am On Jul 08, 2012
UK is still trying to live out its glory days. Their Universities are overrated. You could learn the topics better being taught by an indian dude on youtube. They created a hype they're doing their best to sustain. If all the Nigerian, Asian and Middle Eastern students in UK decided today they will not pay tuition fees or buy anything for the next year, UK will crumble. Foreign nationals sustain their economy. Besides in my opinion Britain is more of an Indian state than a British one! lol

3 Likes

Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by justwise(m): 10:09am On Jul 08, 2012
pato405:

they have pulled the trigger on themselves! besides increasing maintenance fees, the cancellation of PSW will discourage MANY students. no student is willing to part with over £20,000 [5mil] and be turned away just like that after the programme without the 2yr opportunity/grace to get a job, garner some useful experiences and prolly make some cash. it shows how self-centred the UK is. they are only interested in milking others without giving anything in return. how I wish this rule was in place before I came. grin grin grin grin. I go siddon for house.

Obviously this Govt will struggle to win the next election, they came to power at the back of ant-immigration rants and manifestos they proposed, now the number of immigrants are not falling, getting tough in foreign students has so far failed to reduce the number of immigrants in the UK because they are targeting the wrong group. They will run out of idea soon.
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by justwise(m): 10:11am On Jul 08, 2012
Mr.Lu.Gold:
UK is still trying to live out its glory days. Their Universities are overrated. You could learn the topics better being taught by an indian dude on youtube. They created a hype they're doing their best to sustain. If all the Nigerian, Asian and Middle Eastern students in UK decided today they will not pay tuition fees or buy anything for the next year, UK will crumble. Foreign nationals sustain their economy. Besides in my opinion Britain is more of an Indian state than a British one! lol

Yea. . .that is if you live in Bradford, Luton or some part of Leicester.
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by Afam4eva(m): 10:11am On Jul 08, 2012
I don't don't think British universities will be happy about this development because their main source of income comes from foreign students. They give admission to you as far as you can prove to be a human being.
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by MrLuGold(m): 10:19am On Jul 08, 2012
justwise: [/b]

"justnotwise" i live in Abuja, Calabar and Lagos. Three places i'm prouder to say i live in than Camden or Central London or whatever metropolis in UK you live in that makes you feel you are more special than the dust i swept out of my office this morning. That's right! i said it Negro!!
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by r231(m): 10:23am On Jul 08, 2012
justwise: [/b]

And some part of East London grin grin grin
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by justwise(m): 10:23am On Jul 08, 2012
Mr.Lu.Gold:

"justnotwise" i live in Abuja, Calabar and Lagos. Three places i'm prouder to say i live in than Camden or Central London or whatever metropolis in UK you live in that makes you feel you are more special than the dust i swept out of my office this morning. That's right! i said it Negro!!

You really have problem with your little self, what is all these rants all about? Those cities i pointed out to you have a large number of Asians hence in a way agreeing with you that if you live in those cities it will feel as if you live in India.

3 Likes

Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by Lisa1: 10:24am On Jul 08, 2012
Thanks for sharing.
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by justwise(m): 10:24am On Jul 08, 2012
r231:

And some part of East London grin grin grin

grin grin grin don't even start with that part now, people who live there will ram-you down here grin grin
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by r231(m): 10:28am On Jul 08, 2012
justwise:

grin grin grin don't even start with that part now, people who live there will ram-you down here grin grin

Lol

I am ready

East Ham, West Ham! Uptown Park , barking ETC ETC grin grin grin full of Asian pple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Travel Agent/consultant.(information Needed) / Bus From Lagos To Ibadan / First International Flight Set To Be Receved At Kaduna Airport This Morning.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.