Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,677 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Nissan Maxima 2002 Model Vs Camry Crystal Light - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Maxima 2002 Model Vs Camry Crystal Light (2419 Views)

Avensis 2005 Vs Camry 2005 Which One Is Better / Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better / Honda Baby Boy Vs Camry Tiny Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Maxima 2002 Model Vs Camry Crystal Light by chi101: 4:49pm On Apr 27, 2010
Nairalanders please I need ur help in deciding what car to buy, a Nissan Maxima 2002 model or a 2000 Model Toyota Camry (Crystal light)
Advise me on ruggedness, resale value, maintenance and most importantly fuel consumption,

I am waiting kiss
Re: Nissan Maxima 2002 Model Vs Camry Crystal Light by chi101: 6:37pm On Apr 27, 2010
still waiting, pls
Re: Nissan Maxima 2002 Model Vs Camry Crystal Light by LeMoor(m): 2:44am On Apr 28, 2010
Maxima> Camry.
You would compare the Camry with an Accord, and the Maxima would rank with an Avalon, which are the flagship models of both manufacturers,
Re: Nissan Maxima 2002 Model Vs Camry Crystal Light by pak: 3:30am On Apr 28, 2010
Bro Moore,

I dont get your analogy

Camry is Toyota and

Accord is Honda.

How is that relevant in comparing Maxima(Nissan) and Avalon(Toyota)

@poster
Sorry am not much of an xpat so I cant offer much advice .
Just wondering bout Le Moor's comments
Re: Nissan Maxima 2002 Model Vs Camry Crystal Light by LeMoor(m): 4:27am On Apr 28, 2010
I am guessing the OP has no preference yet, and the topic says a Maxima Vs. a camry. My post only meant to say the comparison is apple and oranges. Car manufacturers, for the most part, compete amongst themselves in a big to capture market segments, hence models and specs.
The camry is is competitor to the accord, in terms of the market segment the manufaturer had in mind. The maxima on the other hand is sedan with sports handling in mind (was the first car to be tagged the 4DSC <4 door sprots car>). And is Nissans' flagship model.

In terms of ruggedness and resale value, It is relative. The Camry would always have better resale value because it is more popular and by extension has a better support infrastructure. In terms of ruggedness, the Maxima is more rugged than the Camry. In terms of fuel consumption, all manufacturers throw out numbers (the max averages 20-21mpg and the Camry averages 20-24mpg), but do not forget the maxima's engine is bigger and the performance figures are better, so the the consumption is impressive for engine., Bottom-line is, you are the only one who knows what you want in a car and what makes it right for you, fuel consumption, ruggedness, performance, interior finishing.premium sound etc,
Re: Nissan Maxima 2002 Model Vs Camry Crystal Light by Fhemmmy: 5:07am On Apr 28, 2010
I would be back to contribute, if i know which one is called Crystal light.
Re: Nissan Maxima 2002 Model Vs Camry Crystal Light by chi101: 1:45pm On Apr 28, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I would be back to contribute, if i know which one is called Crystal light.

There is thin lite and crystal lite. See crystal lite below

Re: Nissan Maxima 2002 Model Vs Camry Crystal Light by Fhemmmy: 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2010
What you just posted is the 2000 or the 2001 Toyota Camry Model
I will advice that you go for the Camry.
Better fuel efficiency
Better second sale value
Better performance
More mechanics that can work on it and this the cheaper maintenance.

Maxima 2002 has great dash and no doubt about it.

If you need help in getting a nice one at a great price, mail us at Femmmy.moto@gmail.com
Re: Nissan Maxima 2002 Model Vs Camry Crystal Light by u4nbl(m): 9:01pm On May 25, 2011
Fhemmmy:

What you just posted is the 2000 or the 2001 Toyota Camry Model
I will advice that you go for the Camry.
Better fuel efficiency
Better second sale value
Better performance
More mechanics that can work on it and this the cheaper maintenance.

Maxima 2002 has great dash and no doubt about it.

If you need help in getting a nice one at a great price, mail us at Femmmy.moto@gmail.com

@Fhemmy, I was the guy that chatted with you two nites ago (U4NBL). I am interested in this topic too and I must say that your answer is ambivalent.

Can you analyse and tell us why one car is better than the other. Looking forward to your response.

(1) (Reply)

V.I.O Check Point: What Do They Ask Motorists For? / Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause / Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.