Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) (20700 Views)

Nigeria To Sell Ajaokuta Steel Company After Spending $80bn On A Moribund Steel / Soldiers Kill Ijaw Militant With Juju Who Came To Attack Aladja In Delta (Graphi / Okowa Commissions Rain Oil Ultra Modern Mega Station And Mall In Asaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by bigpastor(m): 8:56pm On Mar 02, 2018
TheAngry1:

They do, you complain. They don't do, you complain...what do you want? undecided undecided
I want them to do it well

Anything worth doing, is worth doing WELL

1 Like

Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by aspirebig: 8:57pm On Mar 02, 2018
Dollar steel....ke?

What happened to the "Delta steel company " DSC of old must not happen to this one.

DSC was very working well in the 80s until ....kwuruption brought it down....now a ghost of its old self....
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by coputa(m): 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2018
Kudos for a.come back,After the Death of DSC(Delta steel company) this gigantic steel company has been leased to two Indian companies who ran it aground with the active connivance of their stoges in the state and Abuja.
Now the Indians are back again to continue where their brother's stopped.Worker were treated shabilly with no good condition of service,even when the miserly salaries were not paid as at when due with backlog of unpaid salaries.
Back then,their staffs begs for help on the street.
There should be a change of heart this time around.The workers should be well remunerated,given good conditions of service and should be treated like humans and more importantly,paid their salaries at the end of the month.
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by SeanDada1(m): 9:17pm On Mar 02, 2018
chuksjuve:
angry

I don't like what I'm seeing all over the pix..... INDIANS!!!

1 Like

Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 02, 2018
God bless the PDP

God bless Chief James Onanefe Ibori

God bless Senator PhiLIP Okowa

God bless Delta State.
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by Bluffly: 9:22pm On Mar 02, 2018
Why is it difficult for all the Professor of Engineers we've had in this country to pull engineering works of a feat. We must see an India, White Man, Lebanese, Chinese but not Nigerians. They will keep shout Ivy league, Phd's this that, that this with nothing to show.

2 Likes

Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by chuksjuve(m): 9:36pm On Mar 02, 2018
SeanDada1:

I don't like what I'm seeing all over the pix..... INDIANS!!!

My deltan people will now be used as cheap labour...

Chaiii

1 Like

Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by new2012: 9:45pm On Mar 02, 2018
TheAngry1:

They do, you complain. They don't do, you complain...what do you want? undecided undecided

Im not responsible for your anger bro
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by new2012: 9:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
Okoroawusa:

are u OK?

Yessir!

Sold to Indians, then commissioned by the government
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by goshen26: 9:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
Make them no talk sey him sef no do chumtin
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by dexterush(f): 9:58pm On Mar 02, 2018
Rechargeable automatic Micky mouse quad bike(London used)at à clearance price of only 7k.For babies 1-3yrs old.buzz to place your order and view pictures at 07032275304

Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by MVLOX(m): 11:03pm On Mar 02, 2018
Thank God say dis time no be filling Station e commission ooo
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 02, 2018
This company render a lot of people jobless. Turn engineers to Okada riders, many of the staff died of poverty.
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by Tmans1: 2:26am On Mar 03, 2018
That's good news
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by k9ine(m): 3:27am On Mar 03, 2018
Indians again!
The last collapse DSC experienced was engineered by the Indian-led management. They owed salaries; owed scrap and material suppliers, owed contractors, stole equipments in the guise of sending them abroad for repairs; owed greedy Nigerian banks that advanced them a loan to purchase the complex rather than come in with their hard currency; it even got to inability to carry out simple factory roofing repairs.
It shocks me that we don't ever want to manage our resources and companies.
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by k9ine(m): 3:34am On Mar 03, 2018
You very correct. It would shock you to knw that at that time people left a multinational company like Shell to take up employment in DSC, cos they paid more.

aspirebig:
Dollar steel....ke?

What happened to the "Delta steel company " DSC of old must not happen to this one.

DSC was very working well in the 80s until ....kwuruption brought it down....now a ghost of its old self....
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by Desyner: 3:38am On Mar 03, 2018
Daviddson:
No country who's SERIOUSLY into METAL business can ever be poor. The metal industry, especially the steel one, was one of the world's largest makers of billionaires before the advent of the ICT era. The US became rich today partly owing to the wealth gotten from steel (and private citizens such as the likes of Andrew Carnegie, J. Pierpont Morgan and of course car makers Henry Ford were even the ones in charge). Same with Russia, UK, Japan, Australia. Etc.
Steel industry isn't a direct wealth creating industry. It helps other industries have a foundation as they use steel heavily.
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by stocklot(m): 4:17am On Mar 03, 2018
Blaming indians does not work . The general attitude of any government official , check posts is to get their money . Any investor is not given a free run and every one expects to be paid money even to discuss an idea .

coputa:
Kudos for a.come back,After the Death of DSC(Delta steel company) this gigantic steel company has been leased to two Indian companies who ran it aground with the active connivance of their stoges in the state and Abuja.
Now the Indians are back again to continue where their brother's stopped.Worker were treated shabilly with no good condition of service,even when the miserly salaries were not paid as at when due with backlog of unpaid salaries.
Back then,their staffs begs for help on the street.
There should be a change of heart this time around.The workers should be well remunerated,given good conditions of service and should be treated like humans and more importantly,paid their salaries at the end of the month.
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by emmanuelpopson(m): 5:58am On Mar 03, 2018
Bluffly:
Why is it difficult for all the Professor of Engineers we've had in this country to pull engineering works of a feat. We must see an India, White Man, Lebanese, Chinese but not Nigerians. They will keep shout Ivy league, Phd's this that, that this with nothing to show.

if you ask me.nah who I go ask...Nigerians believe more in theory unlike those ones mentioned who believed in practical... many have certificates but cant be used ..why? they are not skilled on the topic. only grammar... but the Lebanese etc have the technical knowledge so the they lord over our so called PhD and Masters Holders...
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by pacespot(m): 6:37am On Mar 03, 2018
I like this initiave, it's a good step. But the downside of this investment is that it is built and maintained by the foreigners. The marginal benefits of this investment go to the foriegners' countries, because they will earn millions of dollars (even billions) in the process, defeating the purpose of this investment which is to give Nigerian manufacturing base an edge and competing chance in the international market.

We need plants and craft technology like this that are indigenously built, that's where the real change happen. I remember when I was growing up in early 90s, we used to have 10 to 15 weaving crafts in my small community run by individual households, but today none of those exist. These subsistence-level craft technologies should be the starting points, not the elephant project like this one. We import textile materials from China that are made by individual households yet we neglected our household crafts.

It is by way of modernising these household crafts with pragmatic trainings in our higher institutions (not paper training) that these technologies will become self-sustaining for these individuals to start their own manufacturing plants (supported by government subsidies). That's where the real change begins.

If Nigerians cannot maintain and replicate this steel plant, it'll become unsustainable and the whole project will fall flat.
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by coputa(m): 6:57am On Mar 03, 2018
JasonScolari:
God bless the PDP

God bless Senator PhiLIP Okowa

God bless Delta State.
Bless them for what? For entrenching poverty in the state and dragging the state perpetually into an everlasting slavery and debt..Even if you are an apologist or a political thug to PDP,I know for sure that your parents and sibblings are still wallowing in poverty.
Go and ask what lead to death of the state when oil companies left in droves to neighbouring states leaving the state barren especially warri.
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 03, 2018
coputa:
Bless them for what? For entrenching poverty in the state and dragging the state perpetually into an everlasting slavery and debt..Even if you are an apologist or a political thug to PDP,I know for sure that your parents and sibblings are still wallowing in poverty.
Go and ask what lead to death of the state when oil companies left in droves to neighbouring states leaving the state barren especially warri.
Lol, look at this moving carcass in his nail bitting agony, cramped one room apartment, poverty, rags and churning stomach still have the audacity to lift his swollen lips and call someone poor? grin

This life is yours dummy, but next time you're tired of it, stay out of my way. You can strangle yourself in that cramped room of yours, it's less spectacular.

Bye.
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by coputa(m): 8:38am On Mar 03, 2018
JasonScolari:
Lol, look at this moving carcass in his nail bitting agony, cramped one room apartment, poverty, rags and churning stomach still have the audacity to lift his swollen lips and call someone poor? ;

This life is yours dummy, but next time you're tired of it, stay out of my way. You can strangle yourself in that cramped room of yours, it's less spectacular.

Bye.
Your reply to my post lacks substance or defence to your foolish and childish remark that PDP is blessed in Delta state instead it was laced with diatribes and vituperations that smacks of a street urchin.
Take it into your coconut brain that the total state of neglect absence of investment,capital flight,and the resultant poverty in the state is caused by those you ass licked for years.
What did they use the federal allocation,13% derivation funds,internally generated revenue to do in the state,not to mention the monthly subversion given to DESOPADEC.
Can you point to one viable and sustainable projects/projects embark on in the state for the past 18 years of waste.We want a positive change in the state come 2019.
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:35am On Mar 03, 2018
My childhood Steel Child fvck Obj
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 03, 2018
coputa:
[s]Your reply to my post lacks substance or defence to your foolish and childish remark that PDP is blessed in Delta state instead it was laced with diatribes and vituperations that smacks of a street urchin.
Take it into your coconut brain that the total state of neglect absence of investment,capital flight,and the resultant poverty in the state is caused by those you ass licked for years.
What did they use the federal allocation,13% derivation funds,internally generated revenue to do in the state,not to mention the monthly subversion given to DESOPADEC.
Can you point to one viable and sustainable projects/projects embark on in the state for the past 18 years of waste.We want a positive change in the state come 2019.[/s]
Yet another truckload of bullshit from this dummy.

God bless the PDP

God bless Delta State.

Kill yourself.
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by headz(m): 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2018
Believe Half of what you read.
Re: Okowa Commissions Dollar Steel Company In Aladja, Delta (Photos) by Humbleprick: 1:28am On Nov 10, 2018
Pls I want to know if the Company is functioning now, I intend applying for Industrial Training there next year, I need somebody to tell me the state of the company now. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Was Redeployed – Keyamo / Buhari Clueless As Criminals Overrun Nigeria - Punch / Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.