Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,080 members, 7,818,233 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Black Panther:my Wakanda Experience @ Viva Cinemas Ibadan - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Black Panther:my Wakanda Experience @ Viva Cinemas Ibadan (937 Views)

Is Wakanda Inu A Good Investment? / Viva La Africa Hike / Black Panther's Wakanda: Lessons For Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black Panther:my Wakanda Experience @ Viva Cinemas Ibadan by presskid(m): 11:21pm On Mar 02, 2018
https://slybull./2018/03/02/my-wakanda-experience-viva-cinema/

A movie date actually turned out to be a PAN-African experience as I watched the movie along with African counterparts from Uganda, Kenya and Swaziland.

I just added this cute lady to my friends’ list and Black Panther didn’t make the situation better as the release came in at this point in time, just had to do this amidst my busy schedule, I work almost on every days of the week, as I mind my responsibilities to my employer, I also have to try my hands on few hustles that could bring in some extras.

I eventually found the time to take this cute lady on a movie spree, we got to the cinema and was told we have to pay N1500 per ticket, left for me I would have chosen the other way but its not just about the movie, the moment we share today will always be there to cherish so I gave the vendor my card “swipe it”.

I should have known God was showing me a sign when I was debited in error, I had to pay twice with the hope that the error debit will be reversed as promised, we got into the hall and my guest was the first to observe the screen was unusually dark but I didn’t pay much attention until the movie started which was when the outburst began.

I never wanted to appear as a bad customer but could not help the situation when a man also complained about the same thing, that was when I walked up to one of the staffs and asked her to come in and address the situation, I got angry when I was told nothing can be done and that was how the cinema has been showing the blockbuster movie that I’m paying extra for.

I can’t pay for this, I could have simply waited for the movie to become commercial and watch it at my comfort zone rather than paying to watch this dark stuff, she then refunded my money along with the two other guys and a lady standing beside us, the lady was even putting on a Wakanda scandal, she was so prepared for the movie only to be disappointed.

IMG-20180302-WA0007

Since we all want the same thing at the moment, we became friends, googled up another cinema and found out Viva would be screening Black Panther in an hour, its a good bargain for us we said, considering someone already told us Viva would be a better choice, so we chattered a cab.

With the traffic, Viva Cinemas was just a like 35 minutes drive from where we were, Ibadan is a very big city with traffic here and there and now considering its a drive home time, everyone on their wheels, it was while we were on the road I had to ask one of these guys where he is from, I actually had a conviction that he was from the Northern part of the country as that was the only part I could liken his intonation to, but was surprised when he shook his head in disagreement and told me he was from Uganda, Idi-Amin was the only thing that came to my mind, the other guy is from Swaziland while the lady hails from Kenya, thanks to twitter I told her, your county has two presidents, she laughed, they are all in Nigeria as students of Pan African University, to my surprise, they all complained that the Nigerian heat is too much, you haven’t been to the North I told them.

We got to Viva Cinemas and booked out tickets, and to our surprise, ticket was sold for N1000 with a pack of popcorn and a Pepsi, Viva is the best I told the lady attending to me, the lady smiled and explained that they only offer the compliments on selected days of the week, but to me the cinema already won my heart with the first encounter, this is where I will keep coming even without free popcorn and pepsi.

IMG-20180302-WA0008

We booked ticket and watched the movie, it was a great experience as my friends and I were able to pick out something unique to our different cultures from the movie, my friend from Swaziland said part of the music track was his local dialect while we all could also relate to sambisa forest and certain names that sounded Ibo, the native attires of the king is of a superb design, please I need a designer.

The movie is a fiction anyone would wish of becoming real, maybe in the future, it was a nice movie to watch, our stress used in getting to Viva paid off eventually, we took pictures and exchange contacts after the movie, and vooooom! we all went home.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Monies/coins Collections Till Date / Proposed 4bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design / Get Full Udemy Course On Web Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.