Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Rivers: "Wakirike Be Se,a Nation That Decides Rivers Politics". - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: "Wakirike Be Se,a Nation That Decides Rivers Politics". (395 Views)

Supreme Court Decides Rivers’ APC Primaries Logjam Under The Gun Friday / 2023 Or 2027 The Presidency Will Come To The South And Will Not Be SE / How Can It Be SE/SS Forum When Edo And Delta Were Missing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rivers: "Wakirike Be Se,a Nation That Decides Rivers Politics". by Burukpe: 11:28pm On Mar 02, 2018
As a young boy, I experienced the political development in 1979, from the sidelines,in the eyes of Ogu. Little did I know that I will become a major player and stakeholder in the politics of my kingdom,the WAKIRIKE BESE of the present Okrika,Ogu/Bolo,and parts of Port Harcourt LGAs of Rivers State. Indeed,its an experience worth having.
As at 1979, I witnessed how the NPN, NPP, GNPP ,and UPN, were always frequent in ogu,the present headquarters of Ogu/Bolo LGA, especially the late Yoruba political leader,chief Obafemi Awolowo,claiming Ogu as an extension of his own ogun State.
Indeed,today it has become crystal clear to me that of a truth,wakirike bese nation is a maverick political decider. It dawn on me why all former governors are very mindful of issues that concerns this peculiar nation in terms of any contest to the office of Governor of Rivers State.
No wonder, late chief Melford Obene Okilo,held on to them in 1983. In 1992, one of its own, chief Rufus Ada George, triumphed. Also,in 1999,Dr.Peter Otunaya Odili's victory was made possible because he built his political structure around them.
Not forgetting the role the former first Lady of Nigeria, Dame Patience Faka Jonathan played when the going became tough and rough,when one of her own Dr.Abiye Precious Sekibo,contested against the then incumbent,Rt Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi,as campaigns were held for three times in okrika only in 2007.
Of course,the present administration knows better and can tell the true story. It is therefore, noteworthy,that whosoever that wish to become the governor of Rivers State,must first appreciate the inherent potentials embedded in the belly of the people of WAKIRIKE BESE.
God Bless Rivers State.

(1) (Reply)

Northern Leaders Will Address Herdsmen Clashes In Benue - Nasir / Don't Blame President Buhari For Igp's Disobedience / Buhari Should Go And Retire 2019 Is Not For Him - APP National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.