Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:43 AM

How I Was Defrauded By Young Shall Grow Transport Agent - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Was Defrauded By Young Shall Grow Transport Agent (719 Views)

Transport Agent In Benin City / How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. / How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Defrauded By Young Shall Grow Transport Agent by Lawalemi(m): 9:42am On Mar 03, 2018
A younger relation alerted me in July 2017 that he was posted to Sokoto State for NYSC program.
Being that I served there 12 years ago and my desire to ensure a smooth trip for a relation (no relation guided me at my time), I ventured into seeking a befitting land transport at Yaba-Oyungbo.
To my dismay, the available transporters directed me to Young Shall Grow (YSG) transport at far away MazaMaza unlike during my time.
Considering that I must head to work that morning, I decided to befriend Google.
Pronto, few phone contacts for YSG popped up including a particular 08104224479.
I gave the number a shot and a coarse male voice reacted with some courtesy and attention. He requested that I pay 7,500 naira into an Ecobank account number 4043062699 for the trip.
I queried why it would be a personal account for company business, the character AJIBOYE YUSUF retorted that most clients have paid into the account because of issues with the company payment platforms at the time.
He assured that my boy would get sorted out once I pay the fare and we also agreed that since my brother lives at Sango Ota, he could join the bus at Berger rather than the distant MazaMaza.
FollowIng my instinct, I searched out some other YSG contacts who mostly responded that they were not working with the company YSG any more.
I returned and PAID through a mobile banking application into AJIBOYE YUSUF Ecobank account and that was it!
He promised to send receipt through the line - its a Whatsapp phone line which had YSG branded bus on it's DP.
But for about 24 hours after the payment, this character, Ajiboye cooked up stories of all sort including how tgey were unable to confirm the payment yet. This drama was eating into the timing of my brother that was scheduled to have taken off for the journey.
Going by how incoherent and dubious he sounded together with the opening ceremony drawing nearer, I drove down my brother to Cross Country at Yaba around 11pm (that was after returning from work and taking my dinner) to enable him meet the camp in two days.
I parted with 15,000 naira for the trip.
Out of desire to get justice after three weeks, I sent a complaint by email to engcontactcentre@ecobank.com.
The bank requested that I visit their office with a police officer for further investigation.
I wanted the bank to confirm that the fund was received and register that the account was being operated for dubious activities but with the condition provided by the bank, I decided to move on and take this as a lesson. More so, I wish to leverage on the power of internet to expose this crook and his likes by educating fellow Nigerians on the implications of transacting business with unknown persons online.
My young man should end his youth service in about three months. Thanks

Re: How I Was Defrauded By Young Shall Grow Transport Agent by Paschal001: 9:50am On Mar 03, 2018
Sorry bro. Next time go to the park

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded By Young Shall Grow Transport Agent by id4sho(m): 10:36am On Mar 03, 2018
YSG, come and defend yourself

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded By Young Shall Grow Transport Agent by Alabaintprice(m): 10:43am On Mar 03, 2018
Nothing concerns YSG with this. You met a dubious person who claims to be working in YSG. Stop calling out YSG as if you went to their office and then this happened. Its your fault so dont blame anyone about it. Nonsense. Next time you go to their office
Re: How I Was Defrauded By Young Shall Grow Transport Agent by menami: 11:10am On Mar 03, 2018
YSG has nothing to do with this. It's just a cheap from those hungry scammers.
LESSON: Never pay money into a personal account wen u are dealing with a known brand

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sell Or Advice A Printer For Me / Reach More People Through Sms / 50 Tons Trucks Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.