Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,195 members, 7,835,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress (1008 Views)

Ndoki Are Ijaw Only For Political purpose---Ijaw National Congress / Buhari ‘parleys’ Diezani As She Name Cabals Who Looted NNPC Dry, This Revelation / Ohanaeze Parleys Middle Belt Youths For New Political Identity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by AloyEmeka5: 9:21pm On Apr 27, 2010
Afenifere, INC meet
By Seye Olumide

THE leaders of the Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere and Ijaw National Congress (INC) counterpart have expressed the need for all the ethnic nationalities in the country to sit and dialogue together and fashion out better ways for peace, development and progress of nation.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/apr/27/14.html

The delegates from the two ethnic groups noted that the present state of Nigeria has necessitated co-corporation and interactions not only aimed at resolving the present challenges but to address and discuss the future of coming generations.

The two groups lamented that the country as it is seems to be at a stand still and all hands must be on the deck to address it.

Although the details of the closed door meeting held at the Afenifere Headquarters, Jibowu Lagos yesterday was not disclosed, Pa Ruben Fasoranti said the cardinal point of their discussion bothered on peace, progress and development of the country.

According to him, "Going down memory lane we had had this meeting before where we discussed issues of common interest and those that bothers on the state of the nation. However event seems to have overtaken some of our decisions then and we considered it is necessary to sit once again and reconsider some of our deliberations".

In a similar vein the President of Ijaw national Congress Dr. Atuboyedia Obianime noted that the meeting was part of the continuos engagements of other ethnic nationalities by the Ijaws to discuss matters of common interest, state of the nation and the future of the Nigerian generation.

According to him, "We have had similar discussion with the AREWA forum in the north likewise others ethnic groups. At this present state of the country there is no alternative to co-operation and serious dialogue on the way forward".

However the details of their meeting was not disclosed to the press.
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by sjeezy8: 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2010
sounds good.
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by jimmysho(m): 9:43pm On Apr 27, 2010
we will always love the truth in that part of the country
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by AloyEmeka5: 9:46pm On Apr 27, 2010
jimmysho:

we will always love the truth in that part of the country

Ask yourself why Afenifere suddenly fell in love with Ijaw N.C?. Is it because Jonathan is in power or because BecomeRicha has been clamoring for it?
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by mekusxxx: 9:47pm On Apr 27, 2010
Always looking for a free ride. If hausa is in charge, they parley with them, If Igbo, they parley with them, if military, they parley with them; even if Oyibo takes over again, they will parley with them. I am yet to see a group more unprincipled. Haba?
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by jimmysho(m): 9:48pm On Apr 27, 2010
am not contributing for anti yoruba to vet
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by sjeezy8: 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2010
mekusxxx:

Always looking for a free ride. If hausa is in charge, they parley with them, If Igbo, they parley with them, if military, they parley with them; even if Oyibo takes over again, they will parley with them. I am yet to see a group more unprincipled. Haba?

[size=13pt]Afenifere Replies Ohaneze Over Meeting With Arewa Consultative Forum[/size]

Lagos — The Pan-Yoruba socio-political and economic organisation, Afenifere, has declared that it is not prepared to gang up against any particular part of the country as a pre-condition for aligning with any group.

The group was reacting to allegations by an Ohanaeze Ndigbo leader, Justice Ezebuilo Ozobu, that it did not consult with the Ohanaeze before meeting with leaders of Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) in Kaduna, August 15, 2001, dubbing such meeting a betrayal.
Did afenifere really need to reply Ohaneze or even consult them? I think not but they(afenifere) showed good intention and diplomacy in doing so. The above sounds like cry baby something on the behalf of Ohanaeze.

shocked shocked lipsrsealed grin lol na wa for deez people ooooo - Yorubas chill with everyone and want peace to be between all groups.
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by olafolarin(m): 10:17pm On Apr 27, 2010
mekusxxx:

You need to comprehend the write-up first before making unguided and silly statements.
The INC visited Afenifere in their Jibowu,Lagos office.

INC officials visited Afenifere to discuss the situation of the nation as similar meetings has been held with Arewa Consultatve Forum.It is easy to adduce that INC is the one doing the parleying.

Afenifere by its meaning and locus standi[sub][/sub] is a pressure group that breaks ethnic and culture barriers to seek the betterment of the people.They have pursued objectives which is pro-people but at variance with the political leaders of the land.Its objectives and programs are based on well defined and articulated principles which seeks to improve the lot of the people.In most cases rejecting financial appeasement from disillusioned leaders like Obasanjo,Gbenga Daniel,etc, These and many others sets Afenifere on a higher level above other groups like Eze-Ndigbo-which promotes the programs and identity of the highest bidder OR ACF which its conservative ideology of "Hausa 1st"is always at collison with other ehtno-religious pressure groups.
Afenifere's success till date is based on his zero tolerance for anything unethic,complete adherence to it strict and principled ideology even in the face of stiff opposition.
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by AloyEmeka5: 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2010
sjeezy8:

Did afenifere really need to reply Ohaneze or even consult them? I think not but they(afenifere) showed good intention and diplomacy in doing so. The above sounds like cry baby something on the behalf of Ohanaeze.

shocked shocked lipsrsealed grin lol na wa for deez people ooooo - Yorubas chill with everyone and want peace to be between all groups.

I repeat my question: Why is all these groups looking for Ijaw love?. Ohaneze and Arewa will follow suit too kiss Ijaw's ass. Accept it, this is an ass kissing move. Becomericha is the only Yoruba man who wanted the Ijaws before they became king and if he is the person making this move now, it will sound genuine to me . grin grin grin grin
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by AloyEmeka5: 10:23pm On Apr 27, 2010
olafolarin:

You need to comprehend the write-up first before making unguided and silly statements.

INC officials visited Afenifere to discuss the situation of the nation as similar meetings has been held with Arewa Consultatve Forum.It is easy to adduce that INC is the one doing the parleying.

Afenifere by its meaning and locus standi[sub][/sub] is a pressure group that breaks ethnic and culture barriers to seek the betterment of the people.They have pursued objectives which is pro-people but at variance with the political leaders of the land.Its objectives and programs are based on well defined and articulated principles which seeks to improve the lot of the people.In most cases rejecting financial appeasement from disillusioned leaders like Obasanjo,Gbenga Daniel,etc, These and many others sets Afenifere on a higher level above other groups like Eze-Ndigbo-which promotes the programs and identity of the highest bidder OR ACF which its conservative ideology of "Hausa 1st"is always at collison with other ehtno-religious pressure groups.
Afenifere's success till date is based on his zero tolerance for anything unethic,complete adherence to it strict and principled ideology even in the face of stiff opposition.

The venue of the meeting is irrelevant. Arewa, Afenifere and Ohaneze should just respect themselves and stop kissing other people's asses. The same people you call irrelevant minority is now the king whom you guys worship. OPC, Bakkassi will soon embark on a romantic journey to marry Ijaw militants. grin grin grin grin
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by mekusxxx: 10:25pm On Apr 27, 2010
Olafolarin

Distinguish between meeting venue and who convened the meeting. In any case, by virtue of the fact that the meeting held in Lagos, it must be Afenifere that initiated it. Like I said, Yoruba will parley with anybody, even with ghosts, as long as their insatiable greed can be potentially met
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by Eziachi: 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2010
Parley? I remeber the parley at Enugu conference in 2006, where the so called southerners  agreed ahead of the Obasanjo fraudulent Abuja conference, that they are going there for 50% derivatives for oil but when they got to Abuja, we all knew what our brothers did, as they stunned their fellow SE/SS southerners by joining Umaru Dikko and the northerners by agitating for a 17% derivatives instead.

There is nothing wrong with parleying, but what matters is, if people will stick to their agreed parlied points when the chicks are down.
First fooled no be fool, na second fooled be proper fool!!
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by mekusxxx: 10:41pm On Apr 27, 2010
^^^^^^^ grin grin

Ijaw should be careful how they parley with Yoruba and discuss matters important and secret to them (Ijaw). Otherwise HAUSA-FULANI will hear it the next day. These people na traitors. Mo ti so tan.
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by olafolarin(m): 10:45pm On Apr 27, 2010
The venue matters here because INC left their abode to visit Afenifere in their office.The headline should have been:
IJAW NATIONAL CONGRESS PARLEYS AFENIFERE:

However there is nothing wrong in all the different ethnic pressure groups meeting to discuss the way forward for the nation.Afterall we are all in the same country.The ordinary people on the streets stands a lot to gain from peaceful co-existence of every tribe.We dont want "every tribe on its own" situation that breeds anger,jealousy and disdain for each other.

mekusxxx:

Olafolarin

Distinguish between meeting venue and who convened the meeting. In any case, by virtue of the fact that the meeting held in Lagos, it must be Afenifere that initiated it. Like I said, Yoruba will parley with anybody, even with ghosts, as long as their insatiable greed can be potentially met

I decided to answer you because it seems you are literate but completely uneducated.Afenifere can not initiate a meeting that took place in Lagos(their domain).It is ludacris.
INC in its bid for national concensus visited Afenifere in their headquarters to discuss issues of national interest.
You are accusing and crucifying Afenifere for hosting INC.
You took your hatred for Yorubas too far.
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by Eziachi: 10:51pm On Apr 27, 2010
olafolarin:

Please don't talk daft, what has the venue got to do with it? Or maybe Jibowu is safer as they have only hungry area boys to contend with. How many Afenifere buddies will risk their life going to meet inside Ijaw creeks where the cost of being kidnapped is not a chicken change?
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by olafolarin(m): 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2010
mekusxxx:

^^^^^^^ grin grin

Ijaw should be careful how they parley with Yoruba and discuss matters important and secret to them (Ijaw). Otherwise HAUSA-FULANI will hear it the next day. These people na traitors. Mo ti so tan.

Can you give any example in history of the boldened statement?
What you fail to realise is that Yorubas share the same socio-cultural and political ideology with Ijaw,Urhobo and most Niger-Delta people because of the pre-colonial inter-tribe commerce.
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by AloyEmeka5: 11:00pm On Apr 27, 2010
olafolarin:

What you fail to realise is that Yorubas share the same socio-cultural and political ideology with Ijaw,Urhobo and most Niger-Delta people because of the pre-colonial inter-tribe commerce.
Wrong. No Nigerian ethnic group can boast of a political ideology besides thuggery, thievery and backbiting. Can you elaborate on the so called political ideology of the Yorubas?
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by Eziachi: 11:04pm On Apr 27, 2010
olafolarin:

2006 Obasanjo's abuja conference, that is the example you are asking for. It is only 4 years ago, you can't be that forgetful or too young.
Same social Cultural and ideology you said? Don't make me laugh. When it suits you. Where was your new found brotherly love for the past 40 years?
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by sjeezy8: 11:36pm On Apr 27, 2010
Eziachi:

2006 Obasanjo's abuja conference, that is the example you are asking for. It is only 4 years ago, you can't be that forgetful or too young.
Same social Cultural and ideology you said? Don't make me laugh. When it suits you. Where was your new found brotherly love for the past 40 years?

Your are very funny because one should never generalise yorubas as many have their own motives. Thas just senseless of you to think that way, even at your age you no get brain.
and Yorubas have always been cordial with southerners and northerners- If not they would ahve slaughtered non yorubas in the SW but as you see we intermarry and live harmoniously with both north and south.

please jare we know nothing good comes out conference with igbo people just leave am like that- you people have nothing to offer. SS leaders ARE GETTING WISE on how politics work in Nigeria.

leaving thread sounds like serious hating on part of non ijaws and non yorubas- because igbo kwenu people are left out Again. When the yorubas met with ACF they(igbos) called it betrayal, When the Ijaws met with the ACF they(igbos) called bootlicking, when the Ijaw met with yorubas they(igbos) are just plain hating because they are not involved.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-423787.32.html

im gonna need for igbo kwenu people to hop off of our nutts- dis dont concern yall. haters tongue
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by Eziachi: 11:47pm On Apr 27, 2010
Your brother asked for an exmple and I supplied him with one and then you went to town with your meaningless rant, about my age.
Its either you dispute the one example a gave or you got nothing to say. What happened in Abuja in 2006 should be n eye opener to any willing to parley with anyone either Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw etc.
I am happy for the Ijaw elite and their new found friends from the West and I honestly pray and hope that there courtship and intending happy marriage/coupling will work out for them.

Because my ancestors says that "A goat that follows a dog to a party will evetually eat sh*t.
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by sjeezy8: 11:50pm On Apr 27, 2010
zzz . . . . . snores
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by Eziachi: 11:58pm On Apr 27, 2010
sjeezy8:

zzz . . . . . snores

Glad/happy that I send you to sleep, try not to wake your entire neighbourhood with your snoring.
Talk to you in the morning!!
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by Dede1(m): 2:17am On Apr 28, 2010
If Ohanaeze had remotely accommodated the thought of having meaningful political discussion with Afanifere or Ijo National Congress, I should unequivocally declare that Ndigbo have not learnt their lessons. Ohanaeze should first prepare to trail the blaze alone and maybe consider meaningful alliance with the Ibibio, Ananng, Efik, Atama, Ogoni and Ijo of old Rivers State. I do not want Ohanaeze to get involve with discussion centering on ways to perpetuate the existence of colonial contraption called Nigeria but means of bringing it to a glorified death.
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by sjeezy8: 2:21am On Apr 28, 2010
Dede1:

If Ohanaeze had remotely accommodated the thought of having meaningful political discussion with Afanifere or Ijo National Congress, I should unequivocally declare that Ndigbo have not learnt their lessons. Ohanaeze should first prepare to trail the blaze alone and maybe consider meaningful alliance with the Ibibio, Ananng, Efik, Atama, Ogoni and Ijo of old Rivers State. I do not want Ohanaeze to get involve with discussion centering on ways to perpetuate the existence of colonial contraption called Nigeria but means of bringing it to a glorified death.

sjeezy8:

zzz . . . . . snores
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by babapupa: 3:07am On Apr 28, 2010
lol @ Igbo Cry Baby Alliance Forum,

With the level of hostility and hatred the Igbo folks throws at folks beyond their region, who in their right mind go won do business with them? Talk less parlay over ordinary pamy?
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by olafolarin(m): 10:12am On Apr 28, 2010
They cry for everything.Civil War,Marginalisation,Betrayal,etc,
And they leave their kidnapper's den in the east to seek abode in the west.
Yorubas get along with everybody and that sets us above Igbo people who dont see anything good in another tribe.
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by metalgong5(m): 10:47am On Apr 28, 2010
olafolarin:

Yorubas get along with everybody and that sets us above Igbo people who dont see anything good in another tribe.

You Yoruba men are obligate parasites . . . . . Always working hard to reap another man's labour.
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by igboboy1(m): 11:56am On Apr 28, 2010
sjeezy8:

Your are very funny because one should never generalise yorubas as many have their own motives.

wow but it is ok to generalize the igbos becuase we all think the same?

Well a typical yoruba man u are,
Re: Afenifere Parleys Ijaw National Congress by igboboy1(m): 11:57am On Apr 28, 2010
olafolarin:

yoruba above who? Na wa o, pig dey tell sheep im better pass am

yorubas are too razz and abero/thuggish looking, the only civilized one i have seen is Banky W (and thats becuase his mom is calabar)

(1) (Reply)

Senators Fight Senate President Over His N250 Million Quarterly Allowance / Gov. Baabatunde Fashola's Birthday Message ! / Lagos Appoints 7 New Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.