Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income (1165 Views)

Dear business owners, this is how To Identify Your Target Audience / Business Owners, This Are Reasons Why U Must Have Account With Microfinance Bank / Event And Rental Business Owners,this Can Change Your Life For Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 03, 2018
Otunba Akin Alabi (the billionaire owner of nairabet) said ...the most
important skill anyone should have is copywriting skills!

Or let's just say the ability to write sales message.
As a brand developer and small business owner,
I'm not going to claim to be a guru or a master or anything...

I am just like you, and in this thread, I would
like to share some of the things that have worked for me in my business.
I believe they will help you as a small business owner as well.

If you're looking for someone to teach you how to make one million naira in one month,
that person is not me. I don't even make that kinda money myself.
But if you run a genuine business where you sell products to people or
you offer services in exchange for money...then these tips I will be giving will help you massively in making more money.

**********1ST TIP***********
****OFFER FREE THINGS.******

I need you to pay attention carefully to this little known technique that makes people buy more and more!

I went to visit my friend one day, and I was looking for where to eat up and down.

My friend actually has zero cooking skills….I have -5 cooking skills. I am worse.

While strolling we saw two canteens directly opposite each other.

One had the prices of the food in front, and they were very affordable.

We planned to spend just 800 naira that day, that is 400 naira food each.

But something amazing happened. When we looked at the other canteen
directly opposite it, we saw: “Spend 500 naira, get a bottle of coke free.”

Even though we had already planned to spend 400 naira each…
because of the awoof coke we would get, we shaperly broke our 800 naira budget….

This is the power of FREE things…or osho-free as my Lagos people call it.

People like free things…the poor, the middle class, the rich sef.
They like free things…in fact, na dem like am pass.

Think deeply about the free things you can give people to draw them in.

For example: If you’re selling high priced shoes, you can have some
handmade sandals to go along with this shoe as a free gift.
People would surely be tempted to buy it because of that free gift.

It is psychology. FREE gifts messes with people’s heads.

Your assignment now is to figure out how you can use this technique in your business.

Hope you get this?

**********2ND TIP***********
****.******

THE MIND PERSUASION TRICK!

This trick is the real shiiit! Forgive my language, but it is true.

It uses the power of “VISION-SELLING”.

So what is vision-selling

I’ll explain vision-selling in a bit.

Vision-Selling is simply putting dreams that people like into the heads of people.
Lagos cloth sellers do this a lot.

The moment you walk into a shop and you show interest in a shoe,
immediately, the shoe seller tries to “test” that shoe.

And funnily, the moment you wear that shoe like this…
you start liking it. You start seeing yourself walking around in that shoe.

And then you find wanting to buy the shoe

This is called vision-selling.

It is an ancient technique developed by the greeks and a very powerful one.

Another Example:

Let’s say you’re a hairdresser, in your sales message, you can say something like:

“…after your hair is done. You will step out and all eyes will be on you. Men and women will look at you in admiration. The men would wish their wives and girlfriends were as beautiful as you, the women would simply want to look like you.

The moment you walk into that meeting in your office, you would look so ravishing that the contract would be signed in your favour…easily….because you look confident and beautiful with your new hairstyle!”

These are just examples.

Get creative. See how you can write yours for your company or business.

In the meantime, i put together a FREE e-book, less than 30 pages. It is called LITTLE BUSINESS, BIG PROFITS.
I wrote it for small business owners like you and me. It contains things that you can begin to apply in your business to make more money than you are currently making now.

you can download it here for free http://eepurl.com/dk1HpP

If you need any help with crafting compelling sales messages for your business, you can let me know.

You should follow this thread closely, as I'll be dropping more powerful techniques you can use in your business..
Re: For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 05, 2018
Alright, badass entrpreneurs...Continuing our series today on how to make more money in your business.

If you're a business person, if you sell any product or offer services, then this thread is for you oh!

Oya lezz go to the third technique to pull in money to your business.

**********3RD TIP**********
****OFFER SPECIAL DISCOUNTS****

Offer discounts...not just discounts...special discounts.

I know you see this a lot, but read this to the end.

It is very very different from the normal ones you know.

This simple technique will put you miles ahead of your competition.

One of the simplest ways to make people keep coming to you for business is to offer them discounts on their return.

My uncle’s barbing business was suffering one time and he called me to look into it as a branding and marketing expert.

After a few days noticing hoe he ran business, I told him to pay me a few bucks to design and print a come-again card.

What we did was simple. Anyone who walked in to have their haircut, we handed them the card, and gave them a 60% discount on their next haircut if they come at least three times in 15 days.

What this simple technique did was amazing.

Those men kept coming frequently…they kept trooping in like mad.

You should also apply a similar technique in your business. It works whether you sell physical products or services…

You should find a way to make people subscribe to your service.

For example, if you make hair, you can tell the ladies: "free nails and painting for you on your third time with us.." or something like that.

And usually, the best way to make this work is to make the customers feel special when you're giving them the discounts or gifts.

You can even call them to remind them if you have their phone numbers

Statements like: "Hello, Mrs Linda. How are you today? I'm calling to remind you of your free gift with us when you come in for the third time.

I would really love you to have this as I appreciate your patronage for my business.."

Kpakam! Magic! More customers for you...

But whatever your gift or discount is is...let it not run you out of business oh! Just find something small to give out.

Could be ordinary juice and rice sef..

Implement this method in your business today!

If you have any question for me, or if you need help in implementing this in your business, please let me know.

You can reach me on whatsapp on 08135640639 or my email matthewlevi02@yahoo.com

I am rooting for your success.

May God crown your efforts with success.

Re: For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 06, 2018
So, guys...if you need any help on marketing tips for your business and how you can charge more money, please, let me know in this thread
Re: For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income by Sandycee: 6:52am On Mar 06, 2018
MatthewLevi:
So, guys...if you need any help on marketing tips for your business and how you can charge more money, please, let me know in this thread
pls can you talk on that
Re: For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income by Nobody: 6:07am On Mar 07, 2018
Sandycee:
pls can you talk on that

Yes, I can.

Do you need marketing tips or tips on charging more money? Also is your business service-based or do you sell physical prdoucts?

I'm asking to I can tailor my answers using your business as a case study.
Re: For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 07, 2018
Hello, awesome entrepreneurs. How you doing?

Alright...let's continue our marketing series today.

There's money to be made in your business, I promise you that.

If you have missed previous posts, please, scroll up to read them up!

No time for story again....

So today we will be talking about a very fundamental law that most people fail to implement in their businesses.

Oya, let's get to it then...

**********4TH TIP**********
****THE RETENTION FORMULA****

What I am about to share with you again has already been said, but I need you to get it real good!

If you read this to the end...you will have a powerful trick to make money!

This is an OLD marketing Rule. But people RARELY follow it. And the ones that do don’t do it well.

To make you UNDERSTAND how powerful this rule is, I am going to tell you a story.

Some years ago, when I started marketing, I was skinny..I'm still skinny (na God go help me).. I felt like I had discovered a superpower..

I kid you not. This was a super power indeed!

I approached anyone in business to let me handle their marketing.. But none believed in me. Except one hairdresser like that!

I told her that she should only pay me if the tricked worked for her.

IT DID! Lai play lai play..This woman made more money in one month than she had in 6 months.

The following month..the same thing!

And I only applied one marketing rule...RETENTION!

Yes. Retention. That is it, people..

And if you apply it in your business starting from now, YOU will make more money than you have been making.

Back to the hairdresser story, I created some membership cards for her, and anybody who came in to make their hair, we collect their names, whatsapp number, and address.

And then we gave them membership cards.

Once you entered the membership you qualify for a lot of ‘’Extra service’’.

First, you get a FREE dandruff treatment.

A Free Hair dye service.

A free glass of red wine whenever you came to cut your hair.

You also got a chance to join a raffle draw for a free hair dryer.

These were little things, the dandruff treatment for instance was nothing big.

Just one bottle of the anti-dandruff solution could go round on about 20 customers, and it only costs about 750 naira.

The Red wine was just about 2k or less, and it is only poured in a glass cup, so it lasted.

In no time, people started telling their friends about this hairdresser and her membership...she made cool money!

To retain YOUR CUSTOMERS, to make more money...give them something to make them stay!

On Fridays, for example, you can send your customers a message...greet them...then tell them of your weekend offer for them!

Something like :
’Happy Friday from John Stores, Hope you are enjoying yourself. Just checking up on you’

On Saturdays, you can send messages like. ‘’Free Snacks Saturday plus raffle draw for a brand new watch.

Offer is ONLY for today if you come in to cut your hair this weekend"

So this is the RETENTION formula: Free Gift + Deadline.

Simple.

I learnt this method from the best marketer I've seen...CZAR!

To get more tips from me, you can drop your email address or whatsapp number, and I will be sending them to you
Re: For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 08, 2018
Hello, guys!

I've gone up a notch. To deliver my best business bits to you, I have created a facebook group...for entrepreneurs like you.

I will give you so much business tips that you will find useful for your business and services

click here to join the group https://web./402799446835066/
Re: For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 08, 2018
Continuing Our Series Today, I want to talk about one big mistake that entrepreneurs make.

And if you still do it too, then people won't take you serious.

If people don't take you seriously, then you are won't make money.

Oya...lezz get to it then!'

***********THE BUSINESSMAN***********

A lot of skilled individuals still treat their skills as a hobby.

This was definitely the case for me when I started out as a
graphics and web designer.

Anytime I met people and I was asked about what I did
for a living, I would simply say I was a graphics designer or
a web designer.

And each time I said that, someone
would approach me and give me a job. Negotiating the
fee for the job was another ‘wahala’ entirely.

I was getting 5000 naira for a logo design…In the
beginning, this was Ok. But after a few months, there was
no increase…and the jobs weren’t coming forth like that.

That was when hunger began to wire me.

But something happened one day. I tell you, I discovered
this by a stroke of luck.

As usual, I was at a gathering again when someone
asked what I did. By mistake, I told him:
“I am in the business of graphics, logo and web design!”.

Almost as if I said something magical, these people paid
attention and asked me how exactly I ran the business.

Questions started coming in left and right about what and
how I did things.

Questions were asked about the pricing of my services.

We began to discuss my skillset as a business…instead of
just skills that I had.

And boom! That was when I realised one of the missing
keys!

I had been suffering all these days because I didn’t put
my skills out there as a business.

LESSON ONE:
Don’t just see yourself as skilled. See yourself as a business
man.

For example, you bake cakes. If someone asks you what
you do for a living, which answer do you thinks
commands more respect:
A. I am a cake maker
B. I am into the business of making and selling cakes.

Which answer do you think has the potential of making
you more money?

This is 2018. We are not playing small again!

1 Like

Re: For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income by ziziangel(m): 9:22am On Mar 08, 2018
I can't deny the fact that I've learnt hugely.

My email: Nonsoonyejemezi@gmail.com
Re: For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income by Oshoayodeji: 6:48am On Mar 12, 2018
Thumbs up man
Re: For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 15, 2018
Oshoayodeji:
Thumbs up man

Thanks bro
Re: For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 15, 2018
ziziangel:
I can't deny the fact that I've learnt hugely.

My email: Nonsoonyejemezi@gmail.com

Hello, Nonso. Sorry I haven't reached you in a long time.

Click here to join the whatsapp group I have created for entrepreneurs like you

https:///3N97ngFBgDI1b9fgWCYKcp
Re: For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 15, 2018
Hello, guys, I have created a new whatsapp group for entrepreneurs like you. Do you want the most powerful tips on marketing your products or services? Then join us here https:///3N97ngFBgDI1b9fgWCYKcp

No time to play again. We have to make this money this year
Re: For Small Business Owners: This Thread Might Help You Boost Your Income by bamiistobi: 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2020
Survey for Business Owners (incentive within)

Hello smiley
My team is building tools to help grow your business! This 2 minutes survey seeks your insights based on your day to day experience as a store owner/operator. If you have any questions, please reach me- kedoxadesanya@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks.

The survey link: https://forms.gle/6X9gtnjTLdNKY5ao6

(1) (Reply)

Reedeem Your Itunes And Amazon Giftcards For Good Rates / Cheap Ways To Send Money Abroad From Nigeria / This Union Bank Short Film Is So Inspiring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.