Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 (69312 Views)

Forbes Releases Most Subscribed Youtube Channel In Africa (mark Angel No.8) / Forbes Releases list of Top ten Richest African Musicians In 2018 / Sarah Forbes Bonetta- The Yoruba Slave Who Became Queen Victoria’s Goddaughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by Abogwara: 10:02pm On Mar 03, 2018
50 Cent, Baby and Master P fell off big time.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by poyet(m): 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2018
ominilongest:
hip hop dude...
Help me tell am. I think rock stars are richer than hiphop stars.
Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by LZAA: 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2018
ultimateballer:
This is for the “Fooballers are richer than musicians” Nigerian crowd who think the world starts and ends with football. Lol

American rapper, Jay Z has displaced Sean Diddy Combs as the wealthiest Hip-hop artist on Forbes 2018 edition.

Jay Z topped the list as he emerged with an estimated net worth of $900 million.

His earnings took out Diddy from the number 1 spot, a title he previously held for seven consecutive years.

The rapper improved on his net worth from $810 million to $900 million over the past years, seizing hip-hop’s cash crown for the first time since Forbes started counting back in 2011.

Diddy is now placed at the number 2 with estimated net worth at $825 million, while Dr. Dre keeps his number 3 spot after his net worth increased from $740 million to $770 million.

Fellow rappers, Eminem and Drake emerged 4th and 5th position with net worth estimated at $100 million respectively.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/03/02/jay-z-displaces-diddy-forbes-wealthiest-hip-hop-artist/
hope op knows net worth is very different from liquid wealth this one u are calling footballers grin
btw everybody listens to music but not everybody watches football so even with all the oil money awash in football its gonna lag behind music cuz of that
Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by ericmor: 10:07pm On Mar 03, 2018
Diddy money! Ever since I know this man, he has been making money. He is the richest hip hop artist I know. The real hustler

4 Likes

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by martineverest(m): 10:12pm On Mar 03, 2018
op, Mathieu flamini is richer than dangote and abrahinmovic

1 Like

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by martineverest(m): 10:14pm On Mar 03, 2018
ultimateballer:

which shade, only dumb Nigerians argue footballers are richer musicians.. Dr, Dre at #3 is richer than messi and ronaldo combined who are the richest footballers and with some change left too and you are calling mathieu flamini
Mathieu flamini I see Richer than aliko dangote and those musicians combined.....dude is worth 20 billion dollars.Google is your friend

3 Likes

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by IamFisherman(m): 10:16pm On Mar 03, 2018
Am still thinking of how to be no1 in Forbes....

1 Like

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by moshino(m): 10:19pm On Mar 03, 2018
OfficialAwol:
Wow.

This is what grammarians call "Stupendous"

But methinks Eminem and Drake shouldn't have been counted if they came to the table with 100million while top 3 are counting 900 and 700.

E get as e be joor.

You are discounting Eminem and Drake, you, how much do you and your entire family have?
Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by TourismMan(m): 10:19pm On Mar 03, 2018
coolshegs10:
Only one person has $900M...
No. I won't cry, never.. embarassed
Dangote can still employ Jay Z and pay him daily, weekly or monthly.

5 Likes

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by BABANGBALI: 10:22pm On Mar 03, 2018
ultimateballer:
Lalasticlala, mynd44, seun
are they their house helps?

1 Like

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by hedonistic: 10:23pm On Mar 03, 2018
I'm so proud of these three legends... Puffy, Hov, and Dre. Any 80s child who grew up on hip hop throughout the mid to late nineties and early 2000s would know that no one deserves this kind of extreme success more than three of them. Three of them would eventually become Forbes rated billionaires. Most likely Dre first (next year).

5 Likes

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by roeb1987(m): 10:24pm On Mar 03, 2018
Very soon, i go be world richest man. let me continue with my hustling
Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by sunnyeinstein(m): 10:24pm On Mar 03, 2018
martineverest:
Mathieu flamini I see Richer than aliko dangote and those musicians combined.....dude is worth 20 billion dollars.Google is your friend

Dude got super rich from business sense. He invested heavily early enough on a fledging product that is becoming mainstream and could be the major fuel in some decades' time. He should be worshiping his final advisers who told him to invest in that biofuel product

3 Likes

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by idu1(m): 10:29pm On Mar 03, 2018
Coke dealers undecided

1 Like

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by Pharrel22(m): 10:31pm On Mar 03, 2018
ultimateballer:
Jay Z, Diddy and Dr. Dre arenow the richest musicians in the world

the richest musician is Paul McCartney.. formerly of the disbanded group called Beatles consisting of late john Lennon, ringo Starr

3 Likes

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by okoyeizu: 10:33pm On Mar 03, 2018
This list isn't complete....Baba Fryo is 6th, Black face 7th, Daddy showkey nko?, Where dem style plus....oya edit that list.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by Afobear: 10:34pm On Mar 03, 2018
ultimateballer:

which shade, only dumb Nigerians argue footballers are richer musicians.. Dr, Dre at #3 is richer than messi and ronaldo combined who are the richest footballers and with some change left too and you are calling mathieu flamini
I'm not here to argue with you professor Dumbo ...I'm not saying footballers are richer than musicians or vice versa but I asked of you a simple task which wouldn't consume more than 2mb of your allocation and suddenly you go all berserk .... Knowledge is not intelligence Mr man ..seek knowledge so you won't be recalled as an ignoramus forever

2 Likes

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by onomeabuja: 10:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
apexJ:
boiz de count hundreds of millions niam boiz still de find 1500 airtime

social desparity
eh bros ur own na 1500?
hia, infact as i dey type nw, mtn don send me message say de go block my line because i don too de borrow 100 naira bt i no take thier treat serious sha until de call me , na there me too go use my tru caller block them as i don put thier sms for spam box...me too get sense na...., na 50/50 chikena

1 Like

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by sirfee(m): 10:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
hedonistic:
I'm so proud of these three legends... Puffy, Hov, and Dre. Any 80s child who grew up on hip hop throughout the mid to late nineties and early 2000s would know that no one deserves this kind of extreme success more than three of them. Three of them would eventually become Forbes rated billionaires. Most likely Dre first (next year).
I was born in the early 90s but Dr Dre "Chronic" album is one of the best album of all time.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
coolshegs10:
Only one person has $900M...

No. I won't cry, never.. embarassed
If you go cry on top this, wetin you go di when you see bill gate networth.
Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 03, 2018
TourismMan:

Dangote can still employ Jay Z and pay him daily, weekly or monthly.
Dangote too much, Alakija will employ him.

2 Likes

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by erisegun: 10:43pm On Mar 03, 2018
davido nko....d 30billion for d akant crooner....so e no dey top 5...
op! se o gbadun ;Ddavido nko....d 30billion for d akant crooner....so e no dey top 5...
op! se o gbadun

1 Like

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by coolh3ad(m): 10:50pm On Mar 03, 2018
martineverest:

Bro. I can see 20Billion British pounds oo not dollars......
Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by imonlove: 10:51pm On Mar 03, 2018
lol
apexJ:
boiz de count hundreds of millions niam boiz still de find 1500 airtime

social desparity
Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by ultimateballer: 10:58pm On Mar 03, 2018
martineverest:
Which yeye mathiue flaming. Provide any link of your source showing he’s net worth. Google is your friend
Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by kmaster007: 11:00pm On Mar 03, 2018
but dis pple no too dey sing again nah. expecially Diddy. jayz still dey sing once in a year.
Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by hedonistic: 11:01pm On Mar 03, 2018
sirfee:
I was born in the early 90s but Dr Dre "Chronic" album is one of the best album of all time.

Nothing but a G thang baby. One of the first albums I had to have personally as a budding teenager, with its iconic 'blunt' album art.

Dre's wealth is the luckiest of all three, but if ever there was someone that deserved the luck he got, it has to be Dre.

There he was, after semi-retirement, a regular barely rich rap legend (about $30-$40m net worth) , mulling his next step in life. Like the rest of them rappers, he was thinking about starting a sneakers line.

One fateful day sometime in the mid 2000s, he was walking along a beach with his old oyinbo friend (the legendary music exec Jimmy Iovine), when he casually voiced out his plans about the proposed sneakers business. "You know what Dre", Jimmy impulsively interjected, "forget sneakers; why not sell speakers?".... That's the life changing sentence that transformed Dr Dre's existence forever and catapulted him to this financial level. Jimmy's advice made sense because, after all, Dre was best known for his deft production skills; for his mad beats.

Along with Jimmy, Dre started the Beats by Dre headphones business. Things moved along slowly but nicely, until the almighty Apple Inc bought Beats in 2014, and the rest is history.

Next year Jimmy and Dre's holdings in Apple will vest and increase in value by a projected $700m extra. That's what's most likely to make Dre the first hip hop billionaire ahead of Puffy and Jay.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by martineverest(m): 11:04pm On Mar 03, 2018
ultimateballer:

Which yeye mathiue flaming. Provide any link of your source showing he’s net worth. Google is your friend
and u couldn't Google to check if it's true...smh for ur ignorance
Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by bigdot1759(m): 11:05pm On Mar 03, 2018
where all dis university emeritus professor na
Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by ultimateballer: 11:05pm On Mar 03, 2018
Afobear:
I'm not here to argue with you professor Dumbo ...I'm not saying footballers are richer than musicians or vice versa but I asked of you a simple task which wouldn't consume more than 2mb of your allocation and suddenly you go all berserk .... Knowledge is not intelligence Mr man ..seek knowledge so you won't be recalled as an ignoramus forever
See who’s talking knowledge, where is your source showing flaminis current networth or you read a story about his discovery years ago and didn’t bother to follow up? Tell me you didn’t just mention flamini to argue me that footballers are richer? Lol. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by ultimateballer: 11:08pm On Mar 03, 2018
martineverest:
and u couldn't Google to check if it's true...smh for ur ignorance
Why should I check google for your nonsense? I brought an article showing the current networth of musicians, why not bring your own source that claims flamini is worth some billion dollars lol you block head
Re: Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 by RexTramadol1: 11:09pm On Mar 03, 2018
30 billion gang oya show face oh

Ona broke for dese pipo side kwa....

But as u currently rich pass me

I must face......front

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebube Nwagbo, Lionel Messi And Cesc Fabregas Hang Out Together (photos) / Linda Ikeji: Andy Ogbechi Is My Best Friend, Not My Husband, Or Baby Daddy / Is Kevin Too Much Princess Shyngle's Nigerian Boyfriend That Bought Her A Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.