Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak (776 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / COVID-19: I Have Not Been To Church Since March / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:39am On Mar 04, 2018
hi
please i need help on what to do as my conscience is telling on me that I have been cheating God. I am a Catholic and have not been going to church since two years a go not to talk of paying tithe. but the most startling thing is that God has been blessing me despite not coming out to worshop him....within this two years, I got SIP job, set up 5 top blogs hitting 5000 page views daily, earns dollar monthly with adsense, almost completed my own apartment in portharcourt, plays nairabet daily n win, even if its 3k...living well, etc...
but don't seem to find that joy or interest in going to church or my Sunday masses,I love God n want to start going to church again but don't knw how, what do you think is wrong with me?
Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by thesicilian: 9:41am On Mar 04, 2018
Pick up your Bible and go to church if you want to.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by MhizzAJ(f): 9:56am On Mar 04, 2018
I don't understand
What's the big deal if you've not gone to church for two years

You can fellowship with God in your room
Don't feel guilty...It's not by going to church

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by NIGHTMAREOO7: 9:59am On Mar 04, 2018
MhizzAJ:
I don't understand
What's the big deal if you've not gone to church for two years

You can fellowship with God in your room
Don't feel guilty...It's not by going to church

shocked
Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by ahnie: 9:59am On Mar 04, 2018
Op,you're perfectly okay.God z everywhere.inasmuch as you adhere to his doctrines.God z in your conscience

go on and play your nairabet...you're doing perfectly fine my Son.
Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by dingbang(m): 10:33am On Mar 04, 2018
Person go commit fornication during the week come dey ask you why you no go church.. Dey even para sef...

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by pweetiedee(m): 10:41am On Mar 04, 2018
dingbang:
Person go commit fornication during the week come dey ask you why you no go church.. Dey even para sef...

Lmao! You garrit.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by internationalman(m): 10:42am On Mar 04, 2018
I only go to church on crossover nights.
Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by dingbang(m): 10:58am On Mar 04, 2018
pweetiedee:

Lmao! You garrit.

the thing just tire me.. And e dey vex me..i don warn all the girls wey dey ask me if I go church say if dem ask me dat kweshion again I go delete dem from my contact list.. As dem no wan get sense again
Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by BluntBoy(m): 11:13am On Mar 04, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
hi
please i need help on what to do as my conscience is telling on me that I have been cheating God. I am a Catholic and have not been going to church since two years a go not to talk of paying tithe. but the most startling thing is that God has been blessing me despite not coming out to worshop him....within this two years, I got SIP job, set up 5 top blogs hitting 5000 page views daily, earns dollar monthly with adsense, almost completed my own apartment in portharcourt, plays nairabet daily n win, even if its 3k...living well, etc...
but don't seem to find that joy or interest in going to church or my Sunday masses,I love God n want to start going to church again but don't knw how, what do you think is wrong with me?

Salvation is not by church attendance (works) but by your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His sacrifices on the Cross of Calvary.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 04, 2018
2 years and 2 months now.
Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
If your not going to Church weakens ur spiritual life and U are not conforming with the word of God go to Church, God blessing is like rain and sun,it is almost for everybody, even mammom(devilish money/wealth) is distributed by the devil,so ur wealth might not be from God
Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by pweetiedee(m): 12:29pm On Mar 04, 2018
dingbang:
the thing just tire me.. And e dey vex me..i don warn all the girls wey dey ask me if I go church say if dem ask me dat kweshion again I go delete dem from my contact list.. As dem no wan get sense again

reminds me of my house mate back during NYSC. the guy would be fighting me if i don't go to church. he said he is a bible study teacher. he comes home with his church sisters to "study the Bible" every day, one sister per day ni o.

He lies a lot.
Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by OtemAtum: 12:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
I went to church once between 2016 and 2018. We are almost the same OP.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by Hiswordxray(m): 12:55pm On Mar 04, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
hi
My dear, going to Church is very good but what is more important is your relationship with God. If your relationship with God is very strong going to church will not be a problem for you.

I can see you have a sincere desire for God, all you have to do is nurture that desire, let it grow into a wild passion and let it move you into the deeper things of Christ. If you want I can help, I really love helping people fall deeply in love with my lovely Father He is such a sweetheart heart and if you are serious about it, it will not take time before you find yourself in the depth of such a sweet and fulfilling relationship with Him.
Bless you brother.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by dingbang(m): 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2018
pweetiedee:

reminds me of my house mate back during NYSC. the guy would be fighting me if i don't go to church. he said he is a bible study teacher. he comes home with his church sisters to "study the Bible" every day, one sister per day ni o.

He lies a lot.

you don see am na.. This one no be say I dey yarn wetin dem tell me.. Even wen I was living with my ex, we would be doing it oo.. Very well.. Then on Sunday I will be having this guilty conscience to go to church, then if I want to touch her ni on Sunday, she will tell me Sunday is d day that God say we should keep holy...

shocked I was like wtf...
Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by balmofgilead: 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
[quote author=valentineuwakwe post=65545197]hi
please i need help on what to do as my conscience is telling on me that I have been cheating God. I am a Catholic and have not been going to church since two years a go not to talk of paying tithe. but the overwhelming!

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by kevoh(m): 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
hi

If it is not broken, don't fix it !

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by marttol: 3:20pm On Mar 04, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by paxonel(m): 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
hi
You don't need help and can't possibly be cheating God, you are already self sufficient and complete in Christ the way you are like this.
Rather, it is church that need help from you .
Well, if you choose to start going to church and begin to render help to the church, always remember the poor and the down trodden. Otherwise, you will be cheating God.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by dragon2(m): 10:44pm On Mar 04, 2018
Thomas a Kempis says, 'Habit is overcome by Habit'.A habit of not going to mass is only overcome by going to mass. Do not despair.Everyday is a new day with new opportunities.This period of Lent is an especially unique opportunity at reconciling with God, for the required graces abound.
Start this week by saying simple short prayers in the morning and evenings,you do not need to be a prayer warrior. Our father..,Hail Mary.., Glory be.. Occasionally read psalm 25 and 27. Also,read Johns gospel.
When the weekend comes attend the mass that suits you .If you fall dust yourself, go to confession,try again.
As your spirit grows in Christ,you will know what to do,because he will reveal it in your heart,

The Grace and Peace of Christ be with you.
Re: Pls Help, I Have Not Been To Church Since 2yrs- A Nairalander Speak by tundedamian(m): 11:36am On Mar 05, 2018
We have the same problem oga. Lol
valentineuwakwe:
hi

(1) (Reply)

When You Pay Tithes, Is It Unto God Or To Pastors? / Should Christians Celebrate Valentine? / I Want To Join Occult To Be Rich I Want To Join Occult To Do Money Ritual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.