Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

What's Something Short That Everyone Should Read In Their Life? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What's Something Short That Everyone Should Read In Their Life? (299 Views)

Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 / The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year / Five Novels By Nigerian Authors You Should Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's Something Short That Everyone Should Read In Their Life? by daviesblaze(m): 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2018
i asked this question to some people i regard as my mentors in life. what i got was a bit amusing and common sensical though.
here are the few of what i regard important among others...

1. The nutritional value of the foods you consume
2.The little prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry: This to me is the one book you can read at any age and it will bring new meaning. Such a special one.
3. The Last Question by Isaac Asimov. He wrote a lot of goofy short stories that only served as setup for a pun; this is not one of those. The first time I ever read it I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. I've passed this on to so many people over the years just to see their reaction.
4. A driver manual: seriously, i doubt most people on the road do have it
5. Animal Farm by George Orwell
6. Candide by Voltaire. It's a quick read that's really funny and insightful
7. The alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
8.The Richest Man In Babylon

Yep those are eight of them in total.
i would like to here yours too!!

(1) (Reply)

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - The First - Episode 186/to Be Happy, Stop Tolerat / Paper Planes By Vectogray (poetry) / You Can't Erect A Foundation Built On Honesty And Accountability And Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.