Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,561 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" (20308 Views)

Actress Chizoba Bosah Is Dead - Pictures / Idowu Vincent, Those Father: "How I Trained Tboss & Her Siblings In School" / Chizoba Ejike Wears Nigeria Police Uniform At Miss Intercontinental World, Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by AlexReports(m): 6:53pm On Mar 04, 2018
I trained for two days on how to wear Police uniform – Chizoba, Miss Intercontinental Africa

Chizoba Esther Ejike is the current Miss Intercontinental Africa and hails from Achalla community in Awka North Local Government Area of Anambra State. She is a graduate of Accounting from the Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka where she graduated two years ago.

Ejike contested for the Miss Intercontinental in Egypt held on January 24, 2018 and won the 46th edition of the beauty contest. In this interview, she explained why she chose the Nigerian Police uniform as her national costume in the competition. She is a model, and cosmetologist who runs a business.

How many contestants took part in the pageant?

I contested with 72 others from across other continents. We were five continental queens. There were the intercontinental queens for Europe, South America, North America and Asia and myself representing Africa.

We were so many, I lost the count. Some of the girls who came into the camp could not make it to the grand finale. We were about 20 from Africa that made it to the grand finale.

How was the selection done and how did you emerge?

First of all, each country has to send a delegate to represent the country in the contest. Then when we got to the camp we went through rigorous and tedious screening and training exercise. There were interviews; it wasn’t only about beauty, it was also about how well you could represent your country. During the grand finale 18 of us emerged, and we were two from Africa – Nigeria and Egypt. The others came from the other continents. 

How did you emerge from Nigeria before going to Egypt?

There is Intercontinental Nigeria pageant. That was how I emerged represent Nigeria at the Intercontinental World pageant.

What made you to stand out during the contest?

In the camp, there were so many tasks given to one apart from exercise and physical fitness. There was hard work to do, which you may not know that judges were watching and taking note of you. Some tasks were given to us and we were meant to deliver; they wanted to know how punctual one could be.

They asked us to do one thing or the other to test our ability; even when we were eating they were watching us and we did not know. Punctuality and how you were able to work round the clock without being tired was also evaluated. When we retired for the day, we were told to come out as early as 7am just to test our punctuality. So we had two tough weeks before we were selected at the grand finale.

What costume did you use for the contest?

Before you go to the camp there was a list of requirements that a contestant must come with and among them were national identity costume and cultural costume being used in your country. And I know Nigeria has a diverse culture with many ethnic groups with their own cultural attires. So, I decided to wear something national and that was when the thought of wearing the Nigeria Police uniform occurred to me because the uniform commands authority and respect.

Why did you choose police uniform as your costume?

Apart from the fact that the uniform commands respect, I have always admired the police force. I admire the courage of men and women in the force, who put their lives on line in discharging their duties. So, when I thought of wearing police uniform, I wrote to the Anambra State Police Command in Awka, home state and expressed interest in wearing the police uniform at the international pageant. Luckily for me it was approved and I was trained for two days on how to wear it. I’m really humbled and honoured.

When you stepped on stage with the uniform how did the judges and others look at you
?

When we came for interview for the national identity costume, I stood out because others wore fashionable clothes and I came out like a policewoman, different from what others wore.

The judges were surprised and asked me what prompted me to do that and I gave my reasons which is the fact that so many Nigerian policemen and other security agents sacrifice their lives serving the country. And this is my way of honouring them and the fact that I admire Nigerian police but I don’t have that courage to join them.

They asked how I got the uniform because I told them that I am not a police officer and I explained to them that I sought for approval and it was given to me for the contest.

Did wearing the uniform contribute to your winning the contest? 

It was part of it because there were different stages and different judges. For instance, we had the swimwear, evening gown, national costume, character and other competitions.

What did you learn from the contest?

Wow, I have learnt a lot. I learnt to interact, to meet with diverse people from other parts of the world. It is not the language you speak that brings about the disparity but it is how well you communicate that matters.

It is a beauty competition, yes, but it is good that you are beautiful in your own way as a black girl and proud of your colour. You should be able to stand out wherever you are, always proud of your colour, exhibit national pride and keep the flag flying.

What do you intend to do during your reign?

I am working on my book entitled, ‘Be the change you want to see.’  That is one of the reasons I wore the Nigerian police uniform because in-as-much-as you have some reservations about the police, every country has its own problems – the good, the bad and the ugly.  I want to pass the message through the book, that the youths can be the vanguard of change despite the fact that the odds are against them.

They should stop wishing for the change and start creating the change. People, especially the youths, are running out of the country for greener pasture and run into problems along the way. You will still come back to meet the same problem. So no matter the trouble in the country, home is home and we can make the country a better place. That is the main message in the book. I will be going to schools, both secondary and tertiary to talk to youths. That is what will take most of my time this year.

What advice do you have for other young ladies out there?

If you believe in anything, go for it; forget about other shortcomings. It is not how far, it is how well and how determined you are that takes you to the next level, that is my advice for the girls.

[b]What are your likes and dislike[/b]s?

I like reading and cooking but I dislike oppression and injustice.
http://sunnewsonline.com/i-trained-for-two-days-on-how-to-wear-police-uniform-chizoba-miss-intercontinental-africa/

Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by AlexReports(m): 7:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
@alexreports

Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by AlexReports(m): 7:10pm On Mar 04, 2018
Today Leadership Newspaper

Page 65

Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by GISTM0RE: 7:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by SammyRuthy(m): 8:16pm On Mar 04, 2018
OK...
Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by ednut1(m): 8:17pm On Mar 04, 2018
Alex reports and beauty queens ehn

2 Likes

Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by Omenkasi: 8:18pm On Mar 04, 2018
ednut1:
Only came to confirm the op.na alex e go be. Dis guy go dey embarassed lipsrsealed

but you have to agree that the girl try die

5 Likes

Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by colyx1(m): 8:18pm On Mar 04, 2018
So?
Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by bjayx: 8:18pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hmmm
Fine don finish for market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by yhungbrowhne(m): 8:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
grin
Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by IMASTEX: 8:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
Okay oh
Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by InfernoNig: 8:20pm On Mar 04, 2018
Haba just to wear this shithole uniform. Make me self go train how to stay at checkpoint

6 Likes

Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by rossovu: 8:20pm On Mar 04, 2018
Wetin concern us

1 Like

Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by mojibbz(m): 8:20pm On Mar 04, 2018
Lol.. How does someone train to wear a uniform??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by HeyCorleone(m): 8:22pm On Mar 04, 2018
She should have spent 20 years training to wear the uniform.

Olodo.

5 Likes

Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by christnazirite(m): 8:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
miss isa_knust_gh let show to our own

Please go to Instagram and twitter like and tag her picture, also share it. She's very cute and apparently really smart (i knew her over 3 years now and had contributed a lot to my life)

Please vote. Show your support for her and Nigeria

She's already made the top 5 in MISS ISA (International Student Association, kwame Nkrumah university of science and technology)

african wear:https://www.instagram.com/p/Bft2AV0non9/?hl=en

miss isa_knust_gh:[url] https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf3GODnn3MJ/?hl=en[/url]

Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 04, 2018
mojibbz:
Lol.. How does someone train to wear a uniform??
What you see is what I saw

1 Like

Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by bobokeshington: 8:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
I can join the police force just because of that lady
Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by theapeman: 8:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
AlexReports:
I trained for two days on how to wear Police uniform – Chizoba, Miss Intercontinental Africa

Chizoba Esther Ejike is the current Miss Intercontinental Africa and hails from Achalla community in Awka North Local Government Area of Anambra State. She is a graduate of Accounting from the Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka where she graduated two years ago.

Ejike contested for the Miss Intercontinental in Egypt held on January 24, 2018 and won the 46th edition of the beauty contest. In this interview, she explained why she chose the Nigerian Police uniform as her national costume in the competition. She is a model, and cosmetologist who runs a business.

How many contestants took part in the pageant?

I contested with 72 others from across other continents. We were five continental queens. There were the intercontinental queens for Europe, South America, North America and Asia and myself representing Africa.

We were so many, I lost the count. Some of the girls who came into the camp could not make it to the grand finale. We were about 20 from Africa that made it to the grand finale.

How was the selection done and how did you emerge?

First of all, each country has to send a delegate to represent the country in the contest. Then when we got to the camp we went through rigorous and tedious screening and training exercise. There were interviews; it wasn’t only about beauty, it was also about how well you could represent your country. During the grand finale 18 of us emerged, and we were two from Africa – Nigeria and Egypt. The others came from the other continents. 

How did you emerge from Nigeria before going to Egypt?

There is Intercontinental Nigeria pageant. That was how I emerged represent Nigeria at the Intercontinental World pageant.

What made you to stand out during the contest?

In the camp, there were so many tasks given to one apart from exercise and physical fitness. There was hard work to do, which you may not know that judges were watching and taking note of you. Some tasks were given to us and we were meant to deliver; they wanted to know how punctual one could be.

They asked us to do one thing or the other to test our ability; even when we were eating they were watching us and we did not know. Punctuality and how you were able to work round the clock without being tired was also evaluated. When we retired for the day, we were told to come out as early as 7am just to test our punctuality. So we had two tough weeks before we were selected at the grand finale.

What costume did you use for the contest?

Before you go to the camp there was a list of requirements that a contestant must come with and among them were national identity costume and cultural costume being used in your country. And I know Nigeria has a diverse culture with many ethnic groups with their own cultural attires. So, I decided to wear something national and that was when the thought of wearing the Nigeria Police uniform occurred to me because the uniform commands authority and respect.

Why did you choose police uniform as your costume?

Apart from the fact that the uniform commands respect, I have always admired the police force. I admire the courage of men and women in the force, who put their lives on line in discharging their duties. So, when I thought of wearing police uniform, I wrote to the Anambra State Police Command in Awka, home state and expressed interest in wearing the police uniform at the international pageant. Luckily for me it was approved and I was trained for two days on how to wear it. I’m really humbled and honoured.

When you stepped on stage with the uniform how did the judges and others look at you
?

When we came for interview for the national identity costume, I stood out because others wore fashionable clothes and I came out like a policewoman, different from what others wore.

The judges were surprised and asked me what prompted me to do that and I gave my reasons which is the fact that so many Nigerian policemen and other security agents sacrifice their lives serving the country. And this is my way of honouring them and the fact that I admire Nigerian police but I don’t have that courage to join them.

They asked how I got the uniform because I told them that I am not a police officer and I explained to them that I sought for approval and it was given to me for the contest.

Did wearing the uniform contribute to your winning the contest? 

It was part of it because there were different stages and different judges. For instance, we had the swimwear, evening gown, national costume, character and other competitions.

What did you learn from the contest?

Wow, I have learnt a lot. I learnt to interact, to meet with diverse people from other parts of the world. It is not the language you speak that brings about the disparity but it is how well you communicate that matters.

It is a beauty competition, yes, but it is good that you are beautiful in your own way as a black girl and proud of your colour. You should be able to stand out wherever you are, always proud of your colour, exhibit national pride and keep the flag flying.

What do you intend to do during your reign?

I am working on my book entitled, ‘Be the change you want to see.’  That is one of the reasons I wore the Nigerian police uniform because in-as-much-as you have some reservations about the police, every country has its own problems – the good, the bad and the ugly.  I want to pass the message through the book, that the youths can be the vanguard of change despite the fact that the odds are against them.

They should stop wishing for the change and start creating the change. People, especially the youths, are running out of the country for greener pasture and run into problems along the way. You will still come back to meet the same problem. So no matter the trouble in the country, home is home and we can make the country a better place. That is the main message in the book. I will be going to schools, both secondary and tertiary to talk to youths. That is what will take most of my time this year.

What advice do you have for other young ladies out there?

If you believe in anything, go for it; forget about other shortcomings. It is not how far, it is how well and how determined you are that takes you to the next level, that is my advice for the girls.

[b]What are your likes and dislike[/b]s?

I like reading and cooking but I dislike oppression and injustice.
http://sunnewsonline.com/i-trained-for-two-days-on-how-to-wear-police-uniform-chizoba-miss-intercontinental-africa/
A good way to masturbate!
Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by RealGucci: 8:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
i need to join sars and get trained under 2hrs .
just on how to bill yahoo boiz wen caught with evidence.
lobatan
Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by bedspread: 8:37pm On Mar 04, 2018
Alex well done
Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by eleko1: 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
embarassed embarassed cool shocked sad lipsrsealed embarassed vickyrotex where are thou
Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by kevoh(m): 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2018
Myopic Nigerians: Nigeria Police Force is cursed. I can't have anything to do with them. tongue

Miss Intercontinental: Uses same perceived cursed institution's uniform to win an African tournament! cool cool
Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by luckygirl02(f): 9:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
I am passionate abt becoming a police officer. And to think I have tried my lucks twice but no head way. I won't give up anyway.
Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by taiwolomo1: 9:41pm On Mar 04, 2018
christnazirite:
miss isa_knust_gh let show to our own

Please go to Instagram and twitter like and tag her picture, also share it. She's very cute and apparently really smart (i knew her over 3 years now and had contributed a lot to my life)

Please vote. Show your support for her and Nigeria

She's already made the top 5 in MISS ISA (International Student Association, kwame Nkrumah university of science and technology)

african wear:https://www.instagram.com/p/Bft2AV0non9/?hl=en

miss isa_knust_gh:[url] https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf3GODnn3MJ/?hl=en[/url]
bros drop something jor..
Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by lastdon5: 9:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
chai... IGBO AMAKA!

I don't trust this IGP with her pictures oh... before him go give am belle!

Chizoba, Chizoba kpachara anya ebe nwoke uwe oji a no. Okwa oke mkpi ka nwoke ahu bu...
Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by Valjinn(m): 10:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
I've always known her as a winner. Zoba, keep on making us proud.
Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by lastdon5: 10:16pm On Mar 04, 2018
With this kind of beauty as a police officer... Anytime you see me search me, harass me, molest and rough handle me... in fact, collect any amount you see on me cool
Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by bejeria101(m): 11:36pm On Mar 04, 2018
You trained to wear a uniform? Repeat after me! I HAVE A FISH BRAIN!

1 Like

Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by Yyeske(m): 3:36am On Mar 05, 2018
bejeria101:
You trained to wear a uniform? Repeat after me! I HAVE A FISH BRAIN!
You sure do have a fish brain

1 Like

Re: Chizoba Esther Ejike: "I Trained For Two Days On How To Wear Police Uniform" by Spidermon: 5:28am On Mar 05, 2018
That is not the uniform of the police we see on a daily basis.

The black polo, black jeans SARS wearing bathroom slippers while wielding his rusty rifle...

Now, that would be very familiar

Training 2 days on how to wear police uniform. That one weaken me small

(1) (2) (Reply)

Waje Cuddles A Baby Crocodile / Ycee Donates 1million Tanzanian Shillings To Charity [PICS] / Funke Akindele Voted 2016 Most Influential Young Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.