Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

No Amount Of Blackmail Can Stop My Son In-law From Becoming Imo Governor-Rochas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Amount Of Blackmail Can Stop My Son In-law From Becoming Imo Governor-Rochas (885 Views)

Magu Reacts To Malami’s Accusations: ‘No Blackmail Can Stop Me’ / Ezinne Kalu Graduates With First Class In Law From UK University (Photos) / Throwback Poster Of Rochas Okorocha Campaigning Under PDP For Imo Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Amount Of Blackmail Can Stop My Son In-law From Becoming Imo Governor-Rochas by phoenix45(m): 5:50am On Mar 05, 2018
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has declared that no amount of blackmail would stop his son in-law, Uche Nwosu, from becoming the state governor.His Chief Press Secretary, Sam Onwuemeodo, stated this in a statement yesterday.Okorocah absolved Nwosu of sending loyalists to attack the Archbishop of Owerri, Dr. Anthony J.V. Obinna.

While describing him as a ‘child of destiny’, he said no man could change the will of God in making Nwosu to replace him in 2019.The governor made the declaration in reaction to the social media alleging that Nwosu’s loyalist attacked the archbishop.He said the alleged “beating, lynching, attacking or harassing” of the cleric was being investigated.

The governor’s reads: ‘”We have as usual, read in the social media several versions of the purported beating of the Catholic Archbishop of Owerri Diocese, Bishop Anthony Obinna.

“He was allegedly beaten up by hoodlums or thugs or Entraco officials on the fictitious order of Nwosu, who is the Chief of Staff at the Government House.“Those behind this latest blackmail said the incident happened at a burial Church Service in Mgboma, Obube community, in Ngor-Okpala Local Council Area.”

According to the governor, the endorsement of his son-in-law as a favoured aspirant under the All Progressives Congress (APC) was flying in 24 of the 27 local councils in the state.Okorocha said Imo people, including youths; students, men and women have thrown their unalloyed support behind the youthful Chief of Staff, Nwosu for the 2019 governorship in the state.

“Seeing Nwosu as the guy to beat in the 2019 election, they now think that there is no other way to stop him rather than through unwarranted blackmail.“That is the reason such a quintessential gentleman, and an embodiment of decency should be associated with whatever that transpired at the event in question.

“For weeks now, they have flooded the social media with one ugly story or another, against the young man. But to the Imo people, such elements are wasting their time. They do not know that when God has said yes to any project, nobody can say no,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Archbishop has debunked the rumours that he was beaten by a group loyal to the Chief of Staff.He told The Guardian in a telephone conversation on Saturday evening that he was neither beaten, nor manhandled by any person.

The allegation reported in the online blogs; Facebook and other social media platforms.Obinna maintained that though he was against any form of what looked like undemocratic rule in the state and the country at large, he was not touched by anyone.He said: “Please, tell the people the truth. Nothing like that happened. No body beat me. But I saw them at the burial at Alex Mbata. I greeted them and left.”

In a related development, the State Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Prof. Francis Chukwuemeka Ezeonu, disclosed at the weekend, that over 370, 000 Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs) are yet to be collected in the state.

Ezeonu disclosed that the state office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) would recruit 20, 000 ad hoc workers for the 2019 general elections.He said the personnel would serve in the 305 wards across the 27 local council areas.He said he was currently on tour of the 27 local council areas to sensitise the electorate on diverse issues relating to the election.

The REC added that the commission was compiling the list of the unclaimed PVCs to determine the living and the dead people on the list of unclaimed PVCs.Ezeonu disclosed that the state office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) would recruit 20, 000 ad hoc workers

https://extraloops.com/international-news/no-amount-blackmail-can-stop-son-law-becoming-imo-governor-says-rochas-okorocha/
Re: No Amount Of Blackmail Can Stop My Son In-law From Becoming Imo Governor-Rochas by SOFTENGR: 6:05am On Mar 05, 2018
Roaches has spoken! grin grin
Re: No Amount Of Blackmail Can Stop My Son In-law From Becoming Imo Governor-Rochas by yk2018: 6:19am On Mar 05, 2018
Where is the mod that banned me for 1 month? I want to tell him I'm back strong and healthy cos we are sending Buhari and APC back to Daura......for the mod that banned me take your time and don't try it next time

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Blackmail Can Stop My Son In-law From Becoming Imo Governor-Rochas by Flyingngel(m): 6:22am On Mar 05, 2018
Apc people are wicked.

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Blackmail Can Stop My Son In-law From Becoming Imo Governor-Rochas by Akwasi(m): 6:26am On Mar 05, 2018
Pursuit of power. ..the bait that destroys the african

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Blackmail Can Stop My Son In-law From Becoming Imo Governor-Rochas by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:29am On Mar 05, 2018
Imo pple get ur pvc

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Blackmail Can Stop My Son In-law From Becoming Imo Governor-Rochas by chuksjuve(m): 7:00am On Mar 05, 2018
Ndi imo people prove this man wrong or else the joke is on you ..

Power belongs to the people
Money belongs to the politicians

Who wins?
Likes for Power( people)
Share for Money (politicians)

Let the game begin grin

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Blackmail Can Stop My Son In-law From Becoming Imo Governor-Rochas by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:10am On Mar 05, 2018
common chief press Secretary. .well until hear it from the governor's mouth, then I will ask him if he is Almighy God or amadioha......attimes I wonder how our politicians n leaders thinks they are God's....do they think about death attimes...I dnt know what the governor stands to gain in pursuing this cause.....I will start believing this after the state APC primaries

2 Likes

Re: No Amount Of Blackmail Can Stop My Son In-law From Becoming Imo Governor-Rochas by NonsoWow: 7:36am On Mar 05, 2018
Abogwara how do you and Roaches sleep at night?

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Blackmail Can Stop My Son In-law From Becoming Imo Governor-Rochas by MonPro: 7:47am On Mar 05, 2018
Okoroawusa you and your fetish family will be kicked out by Ndi Imo from Douglas house come 2019.

2 Likes

Re: No Amount Of Blackmail Can Stop My Son In-law From Becoming Imo Governor-Rochas by SamoaJoe: 8:05am On Mar 05, 2018
The joke is on Ndi Imo. I don't know if these people are just educated for nothing. This was exactly how Peter Obi tried to force Oseloka Obaze on Ndi Anambra.

Ndi Imo, resist Rochas with all your force. Guard the ballot boxes that day and make sure he doesn't rig it.

My annoyance with Imolites is that they always know how to sacrifice their birthright for a pot of porridge.

]This was how Rochas came to stadium back then and was sharing them groundnut oil and beans he defrauded from Northern farmers. Right now as am talking to you, Rochas have leveled that same stadium and pursued all traders there.

Ndi Imo, once bitten... Twice shy.

Ozoemena.

1 Like

Re: No Amount Of Blackmail Can Stop My Son In-law From Becoming Imo Governor-Rochas by adadike281(f): 8:43am On Mar 05, 2018
Ndi Imo, pls prove me wrong for once. Prove to Rochas that Imo is d eastern heartland and not even him and his Indian juju is enough to enslave the good people of Imo state. I will be in Anambra praying for Imo state.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

2019 Election: Alex Otti Campains For Abia State Governorship Election / Between Saraki And PMB, Who Is More Of A Dictator? / Royal Wedding Live: Discussion (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.