Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,272 members, 7,954,066 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:49 AM

Socio –economic Effect Of Yahoo! Yahoo! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Socio –economic Effect Of Yahoo! Yahoo! (1033 Views)

Economic Effect Of A Devaluation Of The Currency on a MonoEconony like Nigeria / Biafra Lobby Group Admitted to AU Socio-Cultural Body / Socio-economic Prosperity: What Nigerians Dont Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Socio –economic Effect Of Yahoo! Yahoo! by Selection(m): 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2007
Yahoo- yahoo the popular name for internet scam, Is becoming a norm in Nigeria we all know at least one yahoo boy and I even heard there is a yahoo dance, that is how bad it has gotten.

I tried to place an order for some security tags for my company on line and all the companies will tell me price and explain the product, when I tell them I would like the quotation send to my company ( Which is a household name in Nigeria). Some just drop the phone, while the more polite ones explain to me that they don’t do business with Nigeria.

We had to send someone down to do the purchase. The world is becoming a global village, most agencies will not take Master card from Nigeria, and my email was once scammed because it has the name “Nigeria”.

Am sure most of you will have experiences too please share and suggest ways to curb it before it becomes like AREA BOY, Okada and lately the militant.
Re: Socio –economic Effect Of Yahoo! Yahoo! by uspry1(f): 5:34pm On Mar 08, 2007
Not only Nigeria, also India, and Russia (specified several cities to reject) where yahoo boy took place.

I suggest you the only two ways is

(1) to register with UK mailing forward address and phone number without telling them that you are from Nigeria for the purpose of on-line product orders. It has required to have your notarized documents by government Postal Office and government Embassy before accepting new mailing forward address/phone number reveal. In case of criminal, police has the rights asking mailing forward service to reveal real contact information that is notarized documents they keep on file. There has 4 different options of payment using their UK mailing forward service: every month, 3 months, 6 months or one year.

(2) to register with US incorporation kit with everything required notarized documents with US mailing forward address and phone number, your foreign company name, bank account information, etc. are required. In case of criminal, police has the rights asking mailing forward service to reveal real contact information that is notarized documents they keep on file.Same principle mentioned above about payment terms.

Unfortunately, most USA will not accept working with Nigeria and specified countries (9 other countries USA refused to deal with---refer to yahoo boys).

After approval notarized paperwork from any mailing forward service or incorporation service, you then can order any products using given mailing forward address/phone number, in turn, the products arrived that address that will be forwarded to you in Nigeria. You already pay the selected payment term plus extra cost based on weight/length (same principle for Federal Express, DHL, and UPS shipping costs), the forward mailing service always send you invoice bill based on your payment term agreement.

Before you ask me, where do you get forward mailing service, I suggest you to google search.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku S Name Ommitted / Sharia Law: Bauchi State Set To Amputate 48 People / Is Mccain Palin's B**ch?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.