Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour (21110 Views)

Delete For Everyone Now Available On Facebook Messenger (remove For Everyone) / Whatsapp Adds New Rules For 'Delete For Everyone' Feature / Whatsapp Delete For Everyone Feature Extended From 7 To 64 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by okonja(m): 7:55am On Mar 06, 2018
Better ooo, because a group admin that my boss belonged to mistakenly sent a naughty message for a lady inviting her to bleep to the group my boss belonged to, instead of him to delete the message immediately, he then replied and acting like he wasn't the one that he was hacked. My boss called me for advice on how to retract the message from the group, BUT it's over 7minutes...So this 1hour will be a great thing for people like the group admin.
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by dayleke: 7:55am On Mar 06, 2018
Nice one.
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 06, 2018
It's a cool feature. Even if they ask what did you delete, just send a better message. They will never know what you initially sent any way. It's a second chance so think carefully before you type the new one. grin
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 06, 2018
Premiumwriter:
I wish they will also let us delete that "this message was deleted"

Check my signature

OF COURSE YOU CAN DELETE "this message was deleted"
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by pyrex23(m): 8:42am On Mar 06, 2018
Iseoluwani:
Seun improve your APP, ITS DAMN POOR
Is there a nairaland app?
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Bamz(m): 8:47am On Mar 06, 2018
kessyur:
such a petty thing causing argument? better look well before you leap

Um it was more of a quibble on the scale of intensity. It definitely wasn't World War 3. cheesy
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Beowulf(m): 8:48am On Mar 06, 2018
trustyshoess:

I swear. I don't bother using it anymore cos it just gets people suspicious. I don't see the point of deleting something if they're gonna know that you deleted it. Wish it was like Instagram messages where as soon as you delete it, it disappears and if the person hasn't seen it, they'll never know

You know you can delete that "this message was deleted" as well? At least it will be deleted from your own end but not from the other party's end. That's half of Your problem solved if you are worried about someone on your side asking why you deleted the initial message. For me I have a spelling OCD, so once my spelling is wrong I delete and resend. Of course it's easier to reply on the incorrect message and correct it but I can't just stand the incorrect spelling or sentence staying out there.
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Bamz(m): 8:52am On Mar 06, 2018
trustyshoess:

I swear. I don't bother using it anymore cos it just gets people suspicious. I don't see the point of deleting something if they're gonna know that you deleted it. Wish it was like Instagram messages where as soon as you delete it, it disappears and if the person hasn't seen it, they'll never know

Oh I'm not so much on Instagram, but it sounds similar to Telegram. It's just so perfect, no traces unless the receiver actually saw the messages drop. The best part, you can modify the messages instead of completely deleting it.
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Dramadiddy(m): 9:06am On Mar 06, 2018
MRAKBEE:
I hardly use that feature though as it creates suspicion . I would rather go tru my text to detect any mistake and unnecessary message it might convey to the person im chating with..
It sends more bad feelings out there especially when you are chating in a group than with ur one person
inspector general sir! I hail ! ! !

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by ncoolsome(m): 9:07am On Mar 06, 2018
Eberex:
But what's the point when the recipient has read the message seconds after its dropped?

So now they should delete it from the recipients memory abi??
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by nazeefsco(m): 9:09am On Mar 06, 2018
And still telegram is better
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by MRAKBEE(m): 9:15am On Mar 06, 2018
Dramadiddy:
inspector general sir! I hail ! ! !
Nairaland monitoring group (NAMOGO) HOW U DEY?

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by boyjo: 9:21am On Mar 06, 2018
TechZiga:
Last year November 2017, WhatsApp introduced a new features that allowed users to delete a sent message within seven minutes after it has being sent. While the feature was a welcome development, many complete that the time duration was too short.

In response to this, the new WhatsApp beta version 2.18.69 is extending the time duration from 7 minutes which is 420 seconds to 4096 seconds which is about 68 minutes and 16 seconds or better put, 1 hour, 8 minutes and 16 seconds.

According to report, the WhatsApp beta version 2.18.69 update came with the ability for users to forward stickers to other chats in the 2.18.67 beta. The 2.18.69 beta update reportedly also came with a bug which causes the app to crash when the user tries to send GIFs

Source: https://www.techchairman.com/2018/03/whatsapp-extends-delete-for-everyone.html

I don`t get, you mean after i delete a message, it will take 1 hour before the message gets deleted?
Am I missing something? That``s not good at all angry angry
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by begwong: 9:39am On Mar 06, 2018
Better! That earlier 7 minutes version no do wella �✔
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by ibietela2(m): 9:40am On Mar 06, 2018
I still don't understand
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Culin(f): 9:41am On Mar 06, 2018
What's the point of deleting If the other person will still know.
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by ibietela2(m): 9:41am On Mar 06, 2018
Njeps:

OF COURSE YOU CAN DELETE "this message was deleted"

Only from your end
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Ambitionsway: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2018
Mine doesn't have duration, i can delete any message even after 7days or more. gbam.
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by RexEmmyGee: 10:10am On Mar 06, 2018
Premiumwriter:

Check my signature
oga you can o
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Iseoluwani: 11:00am On Mar 06, 2018
pyrex23:

Is there a nairaland app?
cool
Ya
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Tinyemeka(m): 11:02am On Mar 06, 2018
grayht:
Ok great...

Lets see what telegram and nairaland has to offer

Telegram is way waaaay more ahead of the curve than WhatsApp.
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Prestigenedu: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2018
Premiumwriter:

Check my signature
i'm able to delete mine. Modded Whatsapp though and I can delete even after hours.
So much I can do with my version that official Whatsapp has become so boring. I use both on same phone.
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by livebynite: 11:05am On Mar 06, 2018
Will this new feature help reduce the price of garri? angry
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by pyrex23(m): 2:40pm On Mar 06, 2018
Iseoluwani:

cool
Ya
Official..?
Link please..
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Emeka71(m): 3:57pm On Mar 06, 2018
TechZiga:
Last year November 2017, WhatsApp introduced a new features that allowed users to delete a sent message within seven minutes after it has being sent. While the feature was a welcome development, many complete that the time duration was too short.

In response to this, the new WhatsApp beta version 2.18.69 is extending the time duration from 7 minutes which is 420 seconds to 4096 seconds which is about 68 minutes and 16 seconds or better put, 1 hour, 8 minutes and 16 seconds.

According to report, the WhatsApp beta version 2.18.69 update came with the ability for users to forward stickers to other chats in the 2.18.67 beta. The 2.18.69 beta update reportedly also came with a bug which causes the app to crash when the user tries to send GIFs

Source: https://www.techchairman.com/2018/03/whatsapp-extends-delete-for-everyone.html
Delete a sent message after the reciever must have read the message.
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Etesam(m): 4:26pm On Mar 06, 2018
AishaBuhari:

This is why telegram is better. It deletes messages without leaving a trail.
Thot it was a 'trace'.
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Iseoluwani: 5:31pm On Mar 06, 2018
pyrex23:

Official..?
Link please..

Google play TYPE NAIRALAND
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 06, 2018
ibietela2:

Only from your end

YES
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by ewawumi(f): 1:37am On Mar 12, 2018
In case you couldn't vote or your vote didn't reflect, you can now vote again as all technical issues have been resolved! Thanks! Many thanks to those who have voted!
The voting link is still open! Please, vote Oyewo Iretomiwa Kiera to the next stage in the ongoing Cussons Baby of the Year award. https://www.cussonsbaby.com.ng/campaign/cbm5/entry?id=385445#
Vote and tell your friends, relations, neighbours and everyone you know to vote too! https://www.cussonsbaby.com.ng/campaign/cbm5/entry?id=385445#
Re: Whatsapp Extends 'delete For Everyone' Duration To Over 1 Hour by tck2000(m): 11:43pm On Jul 22, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have A Budget Of 20k. Which Phone Would You Recommend / Airline Passengers Warned Not To Switch On, Charge, Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Phones / Oppo Unveils Reno3 And Reno3 Pro In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.