Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo (25275 Views)

Osinbajo Insists Trader Moni Wasn't Used To Buy Votes / Aisha Buhari At Damilola Osinbajo & Seun Bakare's White Wedding Reception / President Buhari At Damilola Osinbajo And Oluseun Bakare's Wedding Reception (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by dre11(m): 11:44pm On Mar 05, 2018
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo is insisting on a low-key wedding for his daughter which comes up on March 17, TheCable understands.

This is coming against the backdrop of fierce criticism that followed the wedding of the children of the governors of Kano and Oyo states on Saturday.

The ceremony, attended by President Muhammadu Buhari and 22 state governors, drew the ire of critics who felt the kidnap of 110 schoolgirls in Dapchi and an upsurge in Boko Haram killings should have necessitated a sober celebration.

Osinbajo is said to be concerned about the “mood of the nation” and has warded off pressures to do a “grand wedding” for his daughter, Damilola, who is getting married to Oluseun Bakare, a pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God and son of Bola Shagaya, a businesswoman and celebrity.

But expectations that it will be a high-society weeding have been doused.

“Left to the VP and his wife, it would have been the smallest and simplest of ceremonies, taking place in their backyard, especially given the current mood of the nation,” a family insider told TheCable.

“Nonetheless the VP seems to be swiming against a rather strong tide. For instance the VP’s position compels him to inform and invite dignitaries, many of who will cry blue murder if left out of the invitations.

“But for a man known for his unassuming nature and humble mien, these circumstances have invited the dilemma of how to moderate the occasion and balance out the wedding outlook considering the current mood of the nation.”

Osinbajo “has firmly concluded” on doing everything, except the church service, within the state house, TheCable learnt.

“This should by itself limit the crowd and ensure that the event is not blown out of proportion,” the source said.

The invitation cards are unusually hard to come by as Osinbajo has refused to circulate them until late.

https://www.thecable.ng/osinbajo-insists-strictly-private-wedding-daughter

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by collinometricx: 11:50pm On Mar 05, 2018
Like this, like this, this third FTC since on sunday... This week is gonna be great...

ECO88

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by Terminator1234g: 9:29am On Mar 06, 2018
AH AHHH

IPOB AND FAKE NEWS.

CHAI.

THOSE GUYS FI DECIEVE SATAN.

I CALL ON EVERY NIGERIAN TO BE WARY OF THEM BEFORE THEY SKULL MINE YOU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by gurunlocker: 9:30am On Mar 06, 2018
Wait and watch out how the "low key wedding" will look like...

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by passyhansome(m): 9:30am On Mar 06, 2018
I pity this Man, a nation where a Professor is assistant to an SSCE Holder. And you wonder why things are not moving well

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:30am On Mar 06, 2018
I hope it is truly a 'low key' wedding undecided..

May they grow in grace, Amen..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by Godjone(m): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2018
mthewwww angry
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by ChiefSweetus: 9:31am On Mar 06, 2018
I will still gatecrash
Owambe is my constitutional right! angry

10 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by dollyjoy(f): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2018
2019 is around the corner

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by tecnolad(m): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2018
He is entitled to whatever type of wedding he wants for his child. This one no even concern me for now, abeg who knows CPA? I need to learn to even make more money for myself, so I can become relevant tomorrow, just like Mr. Vice President

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by Lilimax(f): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2018
A lot of Owambe crooners will still get to the venue either by hook or by crook shocked
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by victorazy(m): 9:33am On Mar 06, 2018
No worry, those privileged will also be ready to vote in your favour cum 2019 election.
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by oyetunder(m): 9:33am On Mar 06, 2018
They must marry by force the moment their Parents sit on political chairs. Private or public.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by dollyjoy(f): 9:33am On Mar 06, 2018
townson03:

For doubting Thomas,all i do is win, you can subscribe to be part of it
Thief.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by Doerstech(m): 9:34am On Mar 06, 2018
Ok we dey watch
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by IamHopeful(f): 9:34am On Mar 06, 2018
Low-key indeed! Let's wait and see........ I know that even if it's gonna be low-key, it's gonna be classy and extravagant!
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by bluegrass07: 9:34am On Mar 06, 2018
Smart move.
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 9:34am On Mar 06, 2018
Oh, was he even contemplating a state wedding amidst their abysmal failure.
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by victorazy(m): 9:34am On Mar 06, 2018
tecnolad:
G
for G-wagon
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by victorazy(m): 9:34am On Mar 06, 2018
tecnolad:
G
for G-wagon
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by congorasta: 9:34am On Mar 06, 2018
k
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by Partnerbiz3: 9:34am On Mar 06, 2018
So they no see one poor guy or girl marry?

Must the rich marry the rich too?
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by Culin(f): 9:34am On Mar 06, 2018
My kind of wedding.. But is it possible to have a private wedding in Nigeria?
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by BloggerDonald: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2018
cool cool
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by Yankee101: 9:37am On Mar 06, 2018
She needs those gifts. That's how you make money without stealing
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by BABANGBALI: 9:37am On Mar 06, 2018
Stingy man
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by coalcoal1(m): 9:38am On Mar 06, 2018
He is a public figure. A private wedding will not work except the wedding is taken out of the country
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by ades0la(f): 9:38am On Mar 06, 2018
My daughter's wedding won't be a private one grin grin

Just vote for her in the cusson's baby moments 5 competition and secure your invitation tongue

https://www.cussonsbaby.com.ng/campaign/cbm5/entry?id=382727

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by femo86(m): 9:39am On Mar 06, 2018
congorasta:
k

K for Kettle
Re: Osinbajo Insists On ‘Private Wedding’ For Daughter, Damilola Osinbajo by klosety45: 9:39am On Mar 06, 2018
My cousin who use to live in nigeria and relocated to usa told me that lizard is so rampant in africa and i told him are you not a citizen of the shithole called NIGERIA.
Na me e wo form for.. Abegii.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Captured, Executed By ISWAP In January - Edward DonKlericuzio / 2023: Nigerians In Diaspora Endorse Yahaya Bello, Set Up Office In Germany / Anti-saraki Senators Demand Ekweremadu’s Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.