Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,134 members, 7,953,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:29 PM

How To MC An Event? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How To MC An Event? (13732 Views)

Igbo Women Join MC To Do Zanku Legwork Dance At An Event / MC Tom Dancing During Wedding Ceremony (Photos) / Nigerian Woman Wrapped Her Umbrella With Dollars Cash To An Event (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To MC An Event? by prof22(m): 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
Its not hard. Your job is to make d couple feel good, while d guest gets carried along. The focus is d couple. They own d day. So make sure they enjoy their day. Since d groom is ur friend you could tell some funny things you know about him(mind d ones you chose to share so they won't go home as single from d reception) Introduce games. Know d best dancer. If you can dance,dance top ten trending dance and invite d two of them to dance while you lead to know d best dancer. Just make it sweet. And let d guest have a good time. Viel glück!
Re: How To MC An Event? by onyensocaleb(m): 5:10pm On Mar 06, 2018
I'm an event host, but the problem is can you afford me, a lot of work goes into it. I've got very little time to make research on the intending couple which will cost more. But I'm will to negotiate with you cos from the look of things you need this sorted out asap. Mail me onyensocaleb@gmail.com
Re: How To MC An Event? by Ndubuisipaul1: 5:13pm On Mar 06, 2018
Start with a very powerful joke. you heard some where. make sure you rehearse it properly . Then read your order of the day . don't worry about mistakes and when you make one confidently correct yourself.
Re: How To MC An Event? by isaacprinz(m): 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2018
passyhansome:
With adequate preparation, you will appear as a professional. Practice in front of a big mirror say things you will say that day in front of the mirror, watch some comedy videos of Akpororo and Bovi to get like 3 to 5 jokes then train ur self to take deep breath if you are tensed. Train urself to always smile too. Thank me after the wedding Bro. Don't forget to get a clean cut and be yourself
good advice bro.

2 Likes

Re: How To MC An Event? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:38pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ayodejioak:
The current situation of the country has forcefully tuned everyone to an MC

The men are all trying to be like Lasisi, blogging and making comedy skits

And the Ladies keep using the filters and flower and be looking like wreath on a graveyard

grin grin

Something must kill hungar, I guess!!!
Re: How To MC An Event? by swiz123(m): 5:39pm On Mar 06, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

MCing is no child's play.
There's actually no clear-cut rule to it.
I'm just concerned that anyone will entrust such a supposed important occasion into the hands of a total rookie.

As a fresher....you are bound to encounter problems with stage-fright and content fluidity.
But you can't afford to turn your friend down neither can you afford to let this big opportunity slip.

A little tipsiness will help.
Don't be too sober or too drunk.
Wear a loud coloured cloth or a weird shoe; just a little something that will make you stand out.

Since it's a wedding.
Talk about the mystery of womanhood.
It is an all-time ever interesting subject.

Better still, talk about all the flaws of your best friend's wife
Talk about your friend's secret exploits,
Talk about the coming of two imperfect beings to an imperfect union.
Just open your mouth and let the truth spill.

Even if you don't steal the show, you'd have told the truth.
It's not your fault if their marriage is short-lived afterwards. After all, a person who really cared about the success of his marriage would have hired a professional.

You are a bastard you know grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To MC An Event? by Equiano: 5:43pm On Mar 06, 2018
rule 1- do not mention names in ur joke.
rule 2- use ur stupidity as a starting punchline to gain memento and confidence
rule 3- never insult the dj, use him as a back up whenever u r short ,lost or have nothing to say. deejay more music pls....
rule 4- look around for any unique or abnormalities within the hall etc
rule 5- do not use English language alone, mix ur local dialect if possible.
rule 6- read,listen and watch shows anchored by other MC s
rule 7- thank me later

1 Like

Re: How To MC An Event? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 06, 2018
I don't know if you'll read this; still, follow the steps outlined here. It never fails me.

1. Become everybody's friend. Go to the venue early. Say "Hello" to as many people as you can. Laugh, greet, anyone - girls or boys alike. Don't be afraid of the girls ooo. When you finally begin, it'll be as though you are having a chat with friends.

2. Do not try to be funny. Listen, if you are funny dude, it'll come naturally. My advice: speak FACING the crowd; let your eyes roam. And just follow the programme.

3. Dress good, maturedly. Stylish. Looking like the best dressed guy in the hall will make you feel everyone there is not as rich and fly as you are. God complex, ba?

4. You are not going to mess up, or stutter, or fall your hand. You know you're better than that. You know... You deeply know that.

DO NOT:

1. Talk too much.
2. Make useless jokes off anyone's persona.

Go all professional if you like; it's your first time.
Re: How To MC An Event? by madjune(m): 7:25pm On Mar 06, 2018
First, ask yourself- what type of person are you?

If you're the shy type, afraid to speak in front of a crowd; forget it.

The job is for the outgoing, talker and sociable person who can take anyone on at any level without being fazed.
Re: How To MC An Event? by kcpragmatik(m): 7:48pm On Mar 06, 2018
No fear. All pro were once amateur. Don't force jokes; allow them come naturally.

Just make sure you follow the Order of Event and allow every other thing fall in place.

1 Like

Re: How To MC An Event? by chukwudi3(m): 7:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
So u mean dat for one to av successful marriage he or she need to hire a professional mc? author=NwaAmaikpe post=65613360] shocked

I'm just concerned that anyone will entrust such a supposed important occasion into the hands of a total rookie.

As a fresher....you are bound to encounter problems with stage-fright and content fluidity.
But you can't afford to turn your friend down neither can you afford to let this big opportunity slip.

Wear a loud coloured cloth or a weird shoe; just a little something that will make you stand out.

Since it's a wedding.

It's not your fault if their marriage is short-lived afterwards. After all, a person who really cared about the success of his marriage would have hired a professional.[/quote]
Re: How To MC An Event? by colossus91(m): 8:29pm On Mar 06, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Since it's a wedding.

It's not your fault if their marriage is short-lived afterwards. After all, a person who really cared about the success of his marriage would have hired a professional.
last line killed me lol!!
Re: How To MC An Event? by greggng: 11:57pm On Mar 06, 2018
Better tell your friend to hire a professional . Before he blames you for the collapse of his marriage. At least you can practice your mc when they gave birth to a baby that looks like you
Re: How To MC An Event? by MrRhymes101(m): 12:00am On Mar 07, 2018
SFSNIPER:
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. I need your advice and inputs. I just got a call from my friend telling me he wants me to be the master of ceremony(MC) at his wedding next week. This will be my first for a wedding and I'm quite confused on how I should play.
So I need urgent suggestions on how to go about it. Please MCs in the house help a brother out..
I'm doing this for him FOC. Thanks.

Help move this to FP. Thanks.
lol just be a formal MC. A failed attempt to crack a joke will affect your morale. I'm free for next week tho, but I don't work for free lol
Re: How To MC An Event? by kuffy05(m): 12:05am On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Since it's a wedding.

Hahahahahahahaha cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Party Small Chops,barbecue,continental Drinks,asun,chinese / Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims / Opportunities In Real Estate: Start The Business, Earn Good Income- Join Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.