Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,478 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE (2958 Views)

SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry LE / SOLD SOLD. Tin Can Cleared 2005 Lexus RX330. For Sale. 3.350m / SOLD... Tin-can Cleared 2005 Lexus ES 330 Blue Color (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by calculusx(m): 1:00pm On Mar 06, 2018
• 2005 Toyota Camry XLE

• Black Color

• Leather Seat

• 6 Cylinder Engine

• Power Steering

• Power Windows

• Power Mirrors

• Central lock

• Cruise Control

• Ice-Cold AC

• Anti-lock Brake System

• 6 airbags

• AM/FM RADIO/1 Loader

• Asking Price #2,100,000

• Contact Calculusx on IG: calculusxautos
• Tel: 0809-638-5068
• BB Pin D8725988

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by ikegwegbe(m): 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2018
2.1m for this car with such mileage, I bow for you
Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by Anchor84: 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2018
ikegwegbe:
Na liars una dey like,so u expect it shld be 30k?

3 Likes

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by calculusx(m): 2:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
ikegwegbe:

* It's because of people like you Nigeria is what it is Today. There has been serious Campaign on Auto Section on Dealer's Transparency but nobody said nothing on illiterates like you. I lost a deal over the Weekend on a 2009 Toyota Camry with 133,000 Original miles, buyer said 133,000 miles is too high for a 9 year Old Car. I marveled at his Stupidity

Besides, N2.1m quoted above is Asking Price which is subject to negotiation. Need I say much about the high mileage Let me just stop here before I get banned

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by tahoe(m): 2:18pm On Mar 06, 2018
calculusx:

* It's because of people like you Nigeria is what it is Today. There has been serious Campaign on Auto Section on Dealer's Transparency but nobody said nothing on illiterates like you. I lost a deal over the Weekend on a 2009 Toyota Camry with 133,000 Original miles, buyer said 133,000 miles is too high for a 9 year Old Car. I marveled at his Stupidity

Besides, N2.1m quoted above is Asking Price which is subject to negotiation. Need I say much about the high mileage Let me just stop here before I get banned

most of them have champagne taste but beer budget

7 Likes

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by calculusx(m): 3:31pm On Mar 06, 2018
tahoe:

most of them have champagne taste but beer budget

* grin grin You nailed it grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by Jadeng: 4:53pm On Mar 06, 2018
ikegwegbe:

Bros,
What mileage are you looking for and how much you go fit pay
This mileage fever sef... undecided undecided
Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by stanbuggy(m): 5:02pm On Mar 06, 2018
Oga forget story...2.1M is outrageous for this Car...Anyways wetin i know...All the best in your Sales!
calculusx:

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by calculusx(m): 6:55pm On Mar 06, 2018
@ Explorers and Ipfreely, We all appreciate your effort on the other thread but you need to do more by enlightening most of these buyers.
Majority doesn't even know how mileage is been calculated. If every sedan in US is estimated to have an average of 15,000 miles per year, a 13yr old Camry is expected to have 195,000 in 2018. If mileage on this Car shows 100,000, it's this same set of people that will raise alarm. An average Nigerian doesn't appreciate the truth except deceit. What do Nigerians want sef?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by dfrost: 7:29pm On Mar 06, 2018
calculusx:
@ Explorers and Ipfreely, We all appreciate your effort on the other thread but you need to do more by enlightening most of these buyers.
Majority doesn't even know how mileage is been calculated. If every sedan in US is estimated to have an average of 15,000 miles per year, a 13yr old Camry is expected to have 195,000 in 2018. If mileage on this Car shows 100,000, it's this same set of people that will raise alarm. An average Nigerian doesn't appreciate the truth except deceit. What do Nigerians want sef?

Hmmm... You are quite true to a reasonable extent. Just be upright. Things will naturally fall into place, albeit it takes time.
Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by olisaemeka1(m): 6:37am On Mar 07, 2018
calculusx:

that popular guy that said humans are very hard to please was making a very direct reference to Nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by Ipfreely: 8:28am On Mar 07, 2018
ikegwegbe:

Morning to You.

It's best to have all or at least a significant proportion of the facts about any subject before you make comments pertaining to it.

There are several indices that determine how good a used car is, 'used' because we refer to them as 'tokunbo' then we tend to forget that these are used vehicles.

The mileage is just one factor. The general condition of the vehicle, reasons for sale, title and history, and frame, transmission and engine condition. Of these, the least reliable, especially in Nigeria and much of the other countries where US used vehicles are exported to, are the general aesthetic condition and the mileage.

This is because those can be rather easily manipulated. Odometer rollback isn't a particularly complex process, especially for older, pre-2014 vehicles. Mileage can be a deceptive index if considered separate from the other aspects of the vehicle. In general the higher the mileage, the more wear and tear. In general.

The average annual mileage for a vehicle in North America has been estimated by most quarters to be 15,000 miles(the Americans often don't use the metric system, km). What this means is that a 10 year vehicle would in general have an average mileage of 150,000 miles. In general. Vehicles used as Cabs or other transportation enterprises would have significantly higher figures. Those figures could also be genuinely much less, but that could also be a red flag. It could indicate that an event rendered the vehicle immobile for sometime. Or it could just mean that the vehicle was genuinely not used much.

In the above case, other things such as absence of accidents and presence of a clean title or history, coupled with the genuinely low mileage, the vehicle in question would cost significantly more than other vehicles in its class and category.

The general condition can also be repaired and a fresh paint coat slapped on the vehicle.

In assessing a North American used vehicle, when you obtain a VIN report such as Carfax, it provides an approximate but detailed history of the vehicle. This helps to create a better picture of its condition, and gives you an idea what it's mileage should be. This, coupled with a professional physical inspection including engine tests should suffice to assess the vehicle holistically.

The above applies to vehicles from North America. For Europe and most of Asia, they aren't as adept as record keeping. Even the vehicle VINs are often not standard 17 digit numbers and may not be found on any database anywhere, so there may be no history available.

In that case professional physical inspection is most important. The mileage should only be factored in if it were excessively high, like a 10 year vehicle from Germany with 300,000 miles.

We need to be realistic and gain some knowledge about vehicle sales and imports to enable us ask the right questions. You should not, in your search for Vehicles, be guided solely by the mileage.

That would lead you to situations you would probably come to regret.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by Anchor84: 9:01am On Mar 07, 2018
stanbuggy:
Oga forget story...2.1M is outrageous for this Car...Anyways wetin i know...All the best in your Sales!
Can u bring in exactly like dis Accident free and lets know wat you will sell,its not a must u post.ppl like u will want to buy a 2013 Camry with Budget of 2005 model...it is well,may the Lord see us through in this car business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by ikegwegbe(m): 5:41pm On Mar 07, 2018
Well good luck in your sales

1 Like

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by msochi: 5:57pm On Mar 07, 2018
calculus my oga, this is meg yucy autos,tell the chimp to go ship in an accident free and calculate the total landing cost.... all these windowshoppers think sey moto dey fly come from heaven... ishi bulldozer grin grin grin grin grin
ikegwegbe:

1 Like

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by msochi: 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
u better start bowing down to us,cos we are ur boss in the business.....alika grin grin cool cool cool cool cool
ikegwegbe:
Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by msochi: 6:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
u better start bowing down to us,cos we are ur boss in the business.....alika grin grin cool cool cool cool cool
ikegwegbe:
cool cool cool cool
Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by ikegwegbe(m): 6:13pm On Mar 07, 2018
msochi:
calculus my oga, this is meg yucy autos,tell the chimp to go ship in an accident free and calculate the total landing cost.... all these windowshoppers think sey moto dey fly come from heaven... ishi bulldozer grin grin grin grin grin
keep deceiving yourself there
Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by olumide4christ: 7:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
calculusx:

Bros...you nailed it ooo! Beyond all the full disclosure brouhaha on Explorers thread & so many other advert threads in Auto section which has faulted the car dealers, I have observed that little or nothing has been said by many of the contributors to address the negative nature of the average Nigerian who expect to buy good quality for peanuts & don't want to hear the truth when they are told.
Like they say...it takes two to tango...in any transaction. I'm of course not a car dealer, I totally support full disclosure which you are doing however, things like this happen a lot in my industry too, so its necessary to see things from both sides of the divide.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by msochi: 7:05pm On Mar 07, 2018
thanks for ur understanding ,our sweet agege bread client spiced up with peanut butter grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
olumide4christ:

Bros...you nailed it ooo! Beyond all the full disclosure brouhaha on Explorers thread & so many other advert threads in Auto section which has faulted the car dealers, I have observed that little or nothing has been said by many of the contributors to address the negative nature of the average Nigerian who expect to buy good quality for peanuts & don't want to hear the truth when they are told.
Like they say...it takes two to tango...in any transaction. I'm of course not a car dealer, I support full disclosure which you are doing but things like this happen a lot in my industry too, so its necessary to see things from both sides of the divide.
Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by msochi: 7:07pm On Mar 07, 2018
you too nailed it like concrete nail.... break every shaku shaku walls of windowshoppers grin grin grin grin grin grin
olumide4christ:

Like they say...it takes two to tango...in any transaction. I'm of course not a car dealer, I totally support full disclosure which you are doing however, things like this happen a lot in my industry too, so its necessary to see things from both sides of the divide.
Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by Cosplay: 9:25pm On Mar 07, 2018
msochi:
you too nailed it like concrete nail.... break every shaku shaku walls of windowshoppers grin grin grin grin grin grin

Don’t think we don’t see you Sir. That would be erroneous.
Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by Rayd502(m): 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2018
Ipfreely:

Morning to You.

It's best to have all or at least a significant proportion of the facts about any subject before you make comments pertaining to it.

There are several indices that determine how good a used car is, 'used' because we refer to them as 'tokunbo' then we tend to forget that these are used vehicles.

The mileage is just one factor. The general condition of the vehicle, reasons for sale, title and history, and frame, transmission and engine condition. Of these, the least reliable, especially in Nigeria and much of the other countries where US used vehicles are exported to, are the general aesthetic condition and the mileage.

This is because those can be rather easily manipulated. Odometer rollback isn't a particularly complex process, especially for older, pre-2014 vehicles. Mileage can be a deceptive index if considered separate from the other aspects of the vehicle. In general the higher the mileage, the more wear and tear. In general.

The average annual mileage for a vehicle in North America has been estimated by most quarters to be 15,000 miles(the Americans often don't use the metric system, km). What this means is that a 10 year vehicle would in general have an average mileage of 150,000 miles. In general. Vehicles used as Cabs or other transportation enterprises would have significantly higher figures. Those figures could also be genuinely much less, but that could also be a red flag. It could indicate that an event rendered the vehicle immobile for sometime. Or it could just mean that the vehicle was genuinely not used much.

In the above case, other things such as absence of accidents and presence of a clean title or history, coupled with the genuinely low mileage, the vehicle in question would cost significantly more than other vehicles in its class and category.

The general condition can also be repaired and a fresh paint coat slapped on the vehicle.

In assessing a North American used vehicle, when you obtain a VIN report such as Carfax, it provides an approximate but detailed history of the vehicle. This helps to create a better picture of its condition, and gives you an idea what it's mileage should be. This, coupled with a professional physical inspection including engine tests should suffice to assess the vehicle holistically.

The above applies to vehicles from North America. For Europe and most of Asia, they aren't as adept as record keeping. Even the vehicle VINs are often not standard 17 digit numbers and may not be found on any database anywhere, so there may be no history available.

In that case professional physical inspection is most important. The mileage should only be factored in if it were excessively high, like a 10 year vehicle from Germany with 300,000 miles.

We need to be realistic and gain some knowledge about vehicle sales and imports to enable us ask the right questions. You should not, in your search for Vehicles, be guided solely by the mileage.

That would lead you to situations you would probably come to regret.

Do you consider 150,000 miles a high mileage for either a toks or Naija used?

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by naturalwaves: 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2018
calculusx:

Your argument is flawed and does not follow. Good mileage is a good yardstick for car selling. The fact that a vehicle is a 2009 model or 2005 model does not mean that it was bought that year. If I want a brand new Toyota Camry 2011 SE, I can still get it in 2018. Even if I want to buy it now as Tokunbo, I will look for one with a very good mileage. The one whose first owner most likely bought it in 2013/ 2014 or thereabout. I am personally turned off once I see anything around 100,000 talkless of 133,000 or 190k+. When sourcing for cars too, make a low unedited mileage your priority in order to get a better pricing. This does not necessarily imply that a car with a lower mileage will outperform a higher one because the manner of use and servicing plays an important role too. Hope you get my drift?

1 Like

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by holyboii: 3:50pm On Mar 09, 2018
ikegwegbe:
Well good luck in your sales

Are you minding them? The mileage is too much and all this one them day talk na for their pocket.
They call themselves car dealers here meanwhile majority of them are car agents or mechanics that just got 200 mb from mtn

Abi any of you put money for my pocket mtcheeew
Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by calculusx(m): 4:24pm On Mar 09, 2018
naturalwaves:

Your argument is flawed and does not follow. Good mileage is a good yardstick for car selling. The fact that a vehicle is a 2009 model or 2005 model does not mean that it was bought that year. If I want a brand new Toyota Camry 2011 SE, I can still get it in 2018. Even if I want to buy it now as Tokunbo, I will look for one with a very good mileage. The one whose first owner most likely bought it in 2013/ 2014 or thereabout. I am personally turned off once I see anything around 100,000 talkless of 133,000 or 190k+. When sourcing for cars too, make a low unedited mileage your priority in order to get a better pricing. This does not necessarily imply that a car with a lower mileage will outperform a higher one because the manner of use and servicing plays an important role too. Hope you get my drift?

* Tell me how much you will Pay for a 2005 Toyota Camry with mileage below 120,000? Kelley Blue book Value for a 2005 Toyota Camry is $5,500. Factor in all other expenses including cost of clearing {which your Federal Government is increasing March 17th } and let me know what the actual cost will be. It's true the popular saying that humans are very hard to please was making a direct reference Nigerians. Importing Cars from US is very easy these days, Google will do the justice. From your input,
you put the Cart before the horse. Everyone loves low mileage but how many people can afford to pay for it? I have a Clean Title 2008 Camry SE seating in my lot for more than 6 months, i have sold more than 20 units of Salvage of the same Camry in 6 months. If you are a business man and you want to remain in business what will you do? Be Transparent, we displayed Vin, the next minute you start complaining of high mileage. How can we move forward as a Nation when deceit is the order of the day. Nigerians sef, what do we want?....hisssss

4 Likes

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by bravolad(m): 4:47pm On Mar 09, 2018
naturalwaves:

Your analysis and assumptions are wrong. It's very rare to get a brand new 2011 car in 2018. Even if you get, the price will almost outweigh the benefit as u could get a newer model with less than 8k miles for less amount.

This same car with a less than 100k mileage will cost much higher than most people can afford. You also need to know that mileage is not the only yardstick of measurement for a clean car.

People like you don't deserve the truth and most often fall into the wrong hands. I truly don't understand why Nigerians are difficult to please. No wonder most sincere people rarely go far in business. This is also why some dealers tamer with the mileage & sell quicker to unsuspecting buyers.

1 Like

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by Ipfreely: 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2018
naturalwaves:

I think this post was specifically made for you.

https://www.nairaland.com/4383534/tin-can-cleared-2005-toyota-camry#65628632
Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by calculusx(m): 6:02pm On Mar 09, 2018
Ipfreely:

Morning to You.

It's best to have all or at least a significant proportion of the facts about any subject before you make comment

Well documented but majority of Nigerians doesn't understand what we go through to break even. I was on the verge of quitting this business in 2010 because I kept importing Clean Title Cars. Sprinkled holy water on them for so many months before I discovered Salvaged Cars is the real deal.
At first, I wasn't comfortable with it, my 2 associates quit business because they detest Salvage Cars. I conducted a survey and discovered 87% of Customers wanted Clean Title Cars but can't afford the price. This gave birth to Pre-order (1$ was less than N200 then ). I must reiterate, clean title cars is the real deal if and only if there is buyer readily available, you turnover your quid asap but reverse is the case now ($1 is N363). Witg lot of kids on NL who knows next to nothing with 250mb data from MTN just come here and spill trash.
Your Campaign was all about full disclosure and transparency by dealers, at the end it's still this same people that cry foul after full disclosure like we have on this thread. Whoever wants a clean title cars with low mileage should be ready to spend more money(at least 400k more or above).
I find it difficult meeting up with bills when I was importing Strictly clean title cars. Do you know how many dealers are out of business because of this? Da*****ki of NL comes to mind. We are tired of hearing clients offering price of juice for a champagne. If you want clean title cars, go for it if you can afford it

Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by naturalwaves: 6:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
bravolad:

Your analysis and assumptions are wrong. It's very rare to get a brand new 2011 car in 2018. Even if you get, the price will almost outweigh the benefit as u could get a newer model with less than 8k miles for less amount.

This same car with a less than 100k mileage will cost much higher than most people can afford. You also need to know that mileage is not the only yardstick of measurement for a clean car.

People like you don't deserve the truth and most often fall into the wrong hands. I truly don't understand why Nigerians are difficult to please. No wonder most sincere people rarely go far in business. This is also why some dealers tamer with the mileage & sell quicker to unsuspecting buyers.

There is nothing different from what I said here. We're saying the same thing. It may be rare but I can get. That was what I said except if you now want to say one cannot get.

Based on the remainder of your paragraphs, I clearly stated that mileage is not the sole determinant but a good factor as well. You're just reiterating what I said.
Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by naturalwaves: 6:48pm On Mar 09, 2018
calculusx:

* Tell me how much you will Pay for a 2005 Toyota Camry with mileage below 120,000? Kelley Blue book Value for a 2005 Toyota Camry is $5,500. Factor in all other expenses including cost of clearing {which your Federal Government is increasing March 17th } and let me know what the actual cost will be. It's true the popular saying that humans are very hard to please was making a direct reference Nigerians. Importing Cars from US is very easy these days, Google will do the justice. From your input,
you put the Cart before the horse. Everyone loves low mileage but how many people can afford to pay for it? I have a Clean Title 2008 Camry SE seating in my lot for more than 6 months, i have sold more than 20 units of Salvage of the same Camry in 6 months. If you are a business man and you want to remain in business what will you do? Be Transparent, we displayed Vin, the next minute you start complaining of high mileage. How can we move forward as a Nation when deceit is the order of the day. Nigerians sef, what do we want?....hisssss
Calm down bro. I'm your number one fan here o. You have the cleanest cars all the time and like you said, it is always good to be sincere and trustworthy. Keep up the good work. Please, when I want to patronize you, I don't want a salvaged car o. I want a very clean one. A pearl white Camry 2011 SE. Pray for money to come. Oya, close your eyes and pray.
Re: SOLD....Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Camry XLE by naturalwaves: 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2018
Ipfreely:

I think this post was specifically made for you.

https://www.nairaland.com/4383534/tin-can-cleared-2005-toyota-camry#65628632
Okay bro. I will check it out subsequently.
Modified : Is this not the same thread we are in?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Offer closed. Cars For Sale With Option To Pay Over 24months / Sienna 1999 -2000 Toks For Sale@1.350mSold Sold / SOLD!"Tear Rubber" Customized Avalon Ship LE 08/09

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.