Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year (16744 Views)

Life After Govt House: How Akinwunmi Ambode Spent His First Year Out Of Office / Buhari Is Connecting Solar Street Lights In Anambra / Oyo Government Installs CCTV Cameras, Street Lights At Black Spots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by teemanbastos(m): 12:22pm On Mar 07, 2018
free2ryhme:

performer on manipulation
whatever... but the people are enjoying the dividends, that's what matters
Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by ibkgab001: 12:23pm On Mar 07, 2018
You do not need to tells us , if you like spend 2 trillion per month all I know is that no single politician will go in punished if and only if they cheated us

So far I travelled from Ikeja to Lagos island at 1 am with no single black out

God bless you sir
Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by JideAmuGiaka: 12:23pm On Mar 07, 2018
grin
Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by free2ryhme: 12:24pm On Mar 07, 2018
teemanbastos:
whatever...
but the people are enjoying the dividends, that's what matters

and you think it is right to manipulate just because people are enjoying the dividends

your sense of reason it erroneous

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by RillJ(m): 12:24pm On Mar 07, 2018
Said 'spend' not necessarily made to work.
Some day, a good search light will beam on past and present Lagos administration. That day is not too far.

omololu2020:
Most of the street light on awolowo road,ikorodu, don't work.

African politicians are so stupid

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by Sagay212: 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2018
omololu2020:

The people who support African politicians are more stupid. Some people are already shouting abode for second term. Tell me if these kinda people are not cursed

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by Omooba77: 12:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
[quote author=smartistics post=65634897][/quote]
Thank you sir
Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by greatman247(m): 12:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
12 billion naira in just one year on street light? Ambode is a thief on this one. He should have used solar and now he claimed he used out of the money to get diesel to power them, solar will have make more sense. Some of these govt just love milking Nigeria dry.

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by Lexusgs430: 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ebami Kigbe OLE .................

EKO TI BAJE ........

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by bigsmoke2(m): 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2018
That means each Street light cost around 300,000 naira angry

1 Like

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 07, 2018
Omooba77:
An average of #1bn per month; #330mn everyday;:#10,500 per street per day....Eko oni baje nu bayi lo

grin grin grin Eko oni baje nu bayi lo

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 07, 2018
judecares1:
AMBODE THE CHIEF ACCOUNTANT

U CAN REALLY MANIPULATE FIGURES OOOOOOOOOO

Hahahaa

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by jidxin(m): 12:32pm On Mar 07, 2018
omololu2020:
some of this street light dey use solar power sef o grin

This ambode is overrated for me,if he is a governor of a state like osun or ekiti,that's when we will know he is really overrated
most of them uses generator, just like a percent uses solar energy
Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by Perfectnumber6(m): 12:32pm On Mar 07, 2018
Why these politicians wan use lie kill us na en, N12B to power street light yearly. Look take it or leave it Nigeria would never get better with these sets of crooks as politicians do you know how much is N12B it can set up like 5 standard companies in that Lagos and employ up to 2000 youths if not more . Na wa
Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by eventsms(m): 12:43pm On Mar 07, 2018
Good for him.

download free students project materials and topics here www.easyprojectmaterial.com
Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by translux(m): 12:44pm On Mar 07, 2018
You say what 12 Kini,...............
Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by chronique(m): 12:48pm On Mar 07, 2018
It's only in Nigeria that our homes do not have light but the streets "have" light. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by hush15: 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2018
teemanbastos:
Ambode is a performer,
but I would say that Continuity in Lagos has really paid off, Fashola picked the baton from Tinubu and handed it to Ambode and all have been running the race well.
Continuity in Governance Pays off.
Lagos has set the example

Thats the problem with this continuity. So many things are hidden. I dont want to question the possibililty, i would rather question the effenciency. He spent so much, how does he measure efficiencyof such funds cos on so many occassions are the so called street lights not working.

Alsi what happened to innovation, when you spend such outstanding amount to just power street light, why would you over tax citizens? Rather why not invest in solar stations that power each street. Also, i thought Fashola said lagos alone generate their own electricity but 999mgwatts or so to power just their infastructure, how has that help reduce running cost?

Ambode may be working but i think is government is not a prudent one. Over priced projects everywhere and often times, its not well thought thru cos many of them still leaves much to be desired.

My own opinion tho. No insults pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 07, 2018
Nairalander's, please I am using this medium to seek for your help about my school fees payment.
I am a newly admitted student 100 level @Osun State University (UNIOSUN) Ipetu Ijesha campus but I am unable to get the full payment. I am hereby pleading that you should help me before our matriculation. Thanks.

acct name: Adejumo Adebayo
acct no: 3118531471
bank : First bank[b]Nairalander's, please I am using this medium to seek for your help about my school fees payment.
I am a newly admitted student 100 level @Osun State University (UNIOSUN) Ipetu Ijesha campus but I am unable to get the full payment. I am hereby pleading that you should help me before our matriculation. Thanks.

bank : First bank[/b]Nairalander's, please I am using this medium to seek for your help about my school fees payment.

bank : First bank
Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by chiboysic: 1:07pm On Mar 07, 2018
Hmmmmm[img][/img]

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by passyhansome(m): 1:23pm On Mar 07, 2018
Eko Oni Baje. Naija I give up

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by yemi15(m): 1:30pm On Mar 07, 2018
Omooba77:
@Gidi_Traffic The Governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode, has said that his administration has spent about N12bn on power in one year. He said that the money is used in buying diesel to power street lights which has a total of 31,446 in the state.

The Governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode, has said that his administration has spent about N12bn on power in one year.

The Governor made this known while speaking at the Lagos Means Business event which was held at Victoria Island, Lagos state.

He said that the money is used in buying diesel to power street lights which has a total of 31,446 in the state.

He explained that the essence of the street light to ensure that there are security and stability in all areas of the state..

Attributing the success of his administration, he stated that there are over a 100 project ongoing and delivered which includes the ten-lane airport road.

Compensation

The governor noted that in terms of compensation to people whose buildings, shops or offices were destroyed during the construction of Agege flyovers and airport roads, the government has paid almost “N4bn but with all the projects on ground compensation this year is going to be N6bn”.

He added that if these compensations are not paid there will be disagreement between people which will delay development in the progress made so far.
The governor further added that all these cannot be achieved by the government alone, therefore called on the private sector to help in achieveing this.

According to the governor, the private sector can grow the economy of Lagos state and provide needed jobs, by taking advantage of the enabling environment created by government.

The post Lagos Has Spent About N12bn On Power In One Year – Ambode appeared first on Channels Television.

https://latestupdates247.com/2018/03/06/lagos-has-spent-about-n12bn-on-power-in-one-year-ambode/

Hmmm, Tinubu corporation must go on smh
Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by yemi15(m): 1:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
ideologies:
Imagine what 12Bn investments in solar power can do.

Pls howuch does it cost to build power stations,

Depends, going rate in saner climes is $1 billion per 1000MW.

So, for an average 25MW power plant, $25 million on the average (9 billion naira at 360 naira per dollar)
Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by tunary(m): 1:48pm On Mar 07, 2018
Fraud

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by traeces(m): 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2018
This makes zero sense and to think its coming from Ambode breaks my heart.
How can anybody spend 12 billion naira in 1 year to power 31,500 street light when with readily available solar energy solutions, 40-60,000 naira will power a street light for over a decade bringing total to less than 2 billion.
So why

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by RealGucci: 2:09pm On Mar 07, 2018
his predecessor fashola
claimed he spent 700m to upgrade d website of lagos
govt..bullshiiittt

1 Like

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by COMPAQ(m): 2:15pm On Mar 07, 2018
If I were Ambode, i'd use that money to build a solar+wind power plant for public infrastructure such as street lights.
N12bln ($35mln) should build at least a 25-35MW solar plant.

Doesn't that make more sense than spending N12bln on diesel that will be spent again the following years? Not even counting the environmental cost of 30,000 generators spewing out smoke and silently killing people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by seguno2: 2:16pm On Mar 07, 2018
omololu2020:

Is that because they lead even more stupid African people
Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by 36STATES: 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
Esseite:
Hmmm...

12bn/year
1bn/mth
33m/day
33m/31,446 streetlights

1,025/streetlight
At N170/litre of diesel it's approx 6ltrs/streetlight.

Not bad really, my only question is are the streetlight not powered to the transformers?

When we told fools on Nairaland that Fishola did not build any power plant, they refused to listen. He only bought a giant diesel generator
which he used propaganda lies to promote to IPP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Spent N12bn To Power Street Lights In One Year by seguno2: 2:21pm On Mar 07, 2018
daytim:
Nairalander's, please I am using this medium to seek for your help about my school fees payment.

bank : First bank[b]Nairalander's, please I am using this medium to seek for your help about my school fees payment.

bank : First bank[/b]Nairalander's, please I am using this medium to seek for your help about my school fees payment.

bank : First bank

Get a job, whatever job, and save money to pay your bills.
That is what people who value their own dignity do.
Have you not heard that their is dignity in labour
Conversely there is (should be) shame in begging, whether on the streets or online.
Is it not money that you are using to buy data and browse nairaland?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Xmas Day Bombing: How Kabiru Sokoto Was Rearrested / Oshiomhole: Obasanjo And Atiku Will Be 'Divinely Punished' In 2019 / Gunmen Burn Electoral Materials In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.